Favorite Elf for G8F ?

Hello, what would be, in your opinion, the best elf character for G8F ? I mean, Fantasy elf, not Christmas elf :)

I'm looking for G8F but if you know some good G8M elves, I'm rolling with it as well. 

Thanks ! 

Comments

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 249

I like Moryen (G8.1F) and Melyen (G8.1M) - but both G8.1 - Mega Bundle: Enchanted Elven Mega Bundle | Daz 3D

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Depends on the sort/style of elf I want.

• Joe2018 said:

I like Moryen (G8.1F) and Melyen (G8.1M) - but both G8.1 - Mega Bundle: Enchanted Elven Mega Bundle | Daz 3D

They look great ! But I never really managed to adopt G8.1 for reasons... 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,384

I don't know about "the best" but I quite like Sylph fantasy version and Kellyn. And a totally different style, Sylvian, Jhulae or River.

And for men, Storm or Keodis

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,487
    edited September 13

The best [high] elf for G8F can only be Sangriart's Alatariel over at Renderosity.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,905
    edited September 13

scorpio said:

Ditto.  The term elf has been greatly abused over the years and can mean everything from Harry Potter's Dobby to Hermie the Dentist from Rudolph TRNR to Galadriel from LOTR to the Norse Dökkálfar to the Drow Elves from D&D and even more... and at some point some PA has done a riff on all of them.  As a result, it's become a fairly useless term when presented out of context, and whatg I'd consider perfect for an anime type render in the style of RECORD OF LODOSS WAR as a tribute to Wendy Pini's ELFQUEST would look badly out of place in something in the D&D or LOTR vein...

Though, now that I think about it, I'd rather like to see someone attempt to render out a version of Galadriel using one of the Dobby clones that are out there.  smiley

As it is, when I want an elf, I'm far more likely to simply grab an existing human character that I like, add ears with a morph pack, slim them down a bit, and kick up the muscle definition.  As an example, here's my Xmas card from two years ago:

(I took the extended family to Hawaii that year, in case you're wondering about the context)  

Hawaiian Claus sm.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • tyra_oeildelouptyra_oeildeloup Posts: 310
    edited September 14

Cybersox said:

scorpio said:

Ditto.  The term elf has been greatly abused over the years and can mean everything from Harry Potter's Dobby to Hermie the Dentist from Rudolph TRNR to Galadriel from LOTR to the Norse Dökkálfar to the Drow Elves from D&D and even more... and at some point some PA has done a riff on all of them.  As a result, it's become a fairly useless term when presented out of context, and whatg I'd consider perfect for an anime type render in the style of RECORD OF LODOSS WAR as a tribute to Wendy Pini's ELFQUEST would look badly out of place in something in the D&D or LOTR vein...

Though, now that I think about it, I'd rather like to see someone attempt to render out a version of Galadriel using one of the Dobby clones that are out there.  smiley

As it is, when I want an elf, I'm far more likely to simply grab an existing human character that I like, add ears with a morph pack, slim them down a bit, and kick up the muscle definition.  As an example, here's my Xmas card from two years ago:

(I took the extended family to Hawaii that year, in case you're wondering about the context)  

I said "No Christmas elf" tho :) Also classic Fantasy elves like Tolkien's are inspired in Norse myths ones, and Lodoss's are inspired in D&D which were inspired in Tolkien's (although Gygyax wasn't crazy about this addition at first, Tolkien not being one of his influences, so in the end those elves are at least a bit cousins. I didn't mention drow/dark elf or not because I didn't mind being suggested them. Also, Harry Potter's elves are really specific to well, Harry Potter, so I would probably have said that I wanted HP elves ^^ 

Post edited by tyra_oeildeloup on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,897

https://www.daz3d.com/mdd-saeya-for-g8f-v8

technically a fae, but: https://www.daz3d.com/fi-for-daisy-8

... or basically any character by CynderBlue, just add pointy ears.

• tyra_oeildelouptyra_oeildeloup Posts: 310
    edited September 14

Thanks for all the suggestions !  I saw a lot of great elves :) Gotta love Mousso's Morganna, Kellyn and Jhulae, Anora and Keodin for males also. But many are very nice looking ! 

Post edited by tyra_oeildeloup on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,519

tyra_oeildeloup said:

I said "No Christmas elf" tho :)

Gallery Link

There was a misunderstanding. We accidentally booked Centaur Claus and an elf friend...

.... seems to have worked out in the end though.

• CortexCortex Posts: 110

Karyssa 8 - https://www.daz3d.com/karyssa-8

She is adorable

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited September 16

..I've always thought of elves as lithe and somewhat slight in build, (not just another a supermodel with pointed ears and "huge tracts of..." well, ah, right.)  They can have reasonably "toned" musculature, but not overly so.

Hence I tend to create my own. through mixing characters character shapes and using various merchant resources. 

Two that are mentioned above which I do agree with (and have) are Winter Elf and Karyssa.  One other is Dryanna for G9. who has what I consider a more proper physique.  I do have Moryen for G8.1 but mainly for her lovely fair freckeled skin and facial features..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MalandarMalandar Posts: 738

I have always made my own elves from the morphs available. You can do a pretty decent job if you know what kind of elf you like. Sometimes I add others elves to mine and make different elves, but mostly I make my own.

Valshea Magic in the Dark1.jpg
    2528 x 1945 - 2M
    New tall elf headshot 8 15 2024.jpg
    787 x 1019 - 275K
    Valshea Rework After 2.jpg
    1146 x 1146 - 345K
  • Your elf morphs are very great looking, Malandar ! :) 

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 738
    edited September 17

Thanks, it's a combination of pretty much all the elf ear morphs (the ones that would look right anyway) that have been put out  for G8, also  most of the morph sets that have come out as well that have extra ear morphs in them... damn I just realized that the middle one is G9 sorry about that I am still not used to having much done with G9 yet so I forgot that she was G9.

Elf ears can be a pain to get right if you have a certain look you are going for, and for me  it is mainly kinda like human ears, except pointed and a little taller so it can be a pain.

Post edited by Malandar on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited 4:19AM

..a couple of my cobbled together elves.

The first a desert elf D&D character 

The second Leela's albino elf girlfreind.. 

[bugger after months of uninterrupted bliss the Bad Gateway error has returned]

Amineh new.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 255K
    Tracey 8 rebuilld.jpg
    849 x 1200 - 214K
    Post edited by kyoto kid at
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,866

kyoto kid said:

..I've always thought of elves as lithe and somewhat slight in build, (not just another a supermodel with pointed ears and "huge tracts of..." well, ah, right.)  They can have reasonably "toned" musculature, but not overly so.

I do have generally the same instinct, but I also just recently used Ombra as a base for an elf with some junk in the trunk.