Shop Product Filters?

marblemarble Posts: 7,482
edited September 15 in The Commons

I find it frustrating that I can't filter my product browsing to ignore categories I am not in the market for. For example, I have not boarded the G9 train but find I have to wade through pages and pages of G9 products because I can't filter out G9 only. There are lots of new or recent products that are not character based so setting a filter for, say, G8 only is going to eliminate a lot of content I might be interested in buying. This is especially relevant in big sales like the PA sale. I waste far too much time scanning through pages and pages which are 70% G9 specific.

I hope someone will tell me I'm missing a trick here but if, so, it is not obvious to me.

Post edited by marble on

Comments

• You're not wrong. What I'd appreciate are filters for types of things like hair, etc. There are ways, but it's not a filter per se.

• It would be great if the "Categories" filter section were available everywhere in the store, not just on the main Shop page. Aside from that, the one thing I'd really like is a "No Figure" option in the "Figure" section to show only the items that are not associated with any specific figure.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

murgatroyd314 said:

It would be great if the "Categories" filter section were available everywhere in the store, not just on the main Shop page. Aside from that, the one thing I'd really like is a "No Figure" option in the "Figure" section to show only the items that are not associated with any specific figure.

Yeah, a no-figure filter would go some way to solving my issue. I actually think a more generalized solution would be to have an "Exclude" check box (for each item) as well as the "Include" box that is already there.  Your "No Figure" could be a whole catergory exclude filter which, as I say, would also be welcome.

• netasknetask Posts: 19

I hope so, but when I spend a lot of time browsing and then buying products I wasn't expecting, I realize this should be a sales tactic...

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

netask said:

I hope so, but when I spend a lot of time browsing and then buying products I wasn't expecting, I realize this should be a sales tactic...

I get that and I also find things to buy when I have the time to spend paging through thousands of items that I don't want or need. But I would argue that I might have found those nice-to-have surprises if I could filter my browsing more efficiently because, mostly, I give up after 2 or 3 pages as I just don't have the time.