Animation changes coordinates?

I am doing animations, and weirdly, even though I use the same keyframe between different animations, like say attack, defend, get hit, or whatever, and her Y placement is the same, the actual model winds up in different Y positions.  As you can see here, she should be at the exact same location on both pictures, yet in one she is lower than the other.  No one ever answered my last question, but how about this one?  Can anyone explain this?

Untitled-2.jpg
2158 x 505 - 517K

Comments

• If someone from another time finds this and needs the answer.  Weirdly, instead of selecting the figure... which you'd rightly and logically think would have actually mattered, select the freaking hip.  Yep.  The hip.  Then make the hip's coordinate the same through your keyframes.

• In general the figure node should be used for placement within the scene and the hip for pose-related placement (e.g. to keep feet on the floor or to have figures correctly placed for an interactive pose). That way posing won't cinflict with placement.

• Locking and unlocking the hip is the 'go to' way for making a walk pose on the spot (so movent would be emulated by moving the scene or pre-rendering a moving scene), or moving directionally (like a game) if it was initially animated moving.  Just to add some relative context if it helps and you didn't know already.  It is in the tutorials I believe, just saying (I certainly didn't know out of the bat)...

• CAV_18687CAV_18687 Posts: 77
    edited September 18

In other words, locking the hip in frame 0, will lock the hip coordinates in place throughout the animation...

Post edited by CAV_18687 on