Interface Question

I just installed the newest Studio, and when I save a Scene Subset, it puts it on my C: drive instead of in my content directory.  I'ld like to keep everything together so the question is : how do I change this behavior?  Any help would be appreciated.

Gus

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,187

When I save a scene subset it opens a browser where I can select where to save it.

And as I remember it will open at the place where you last saved a scene subset.

• felis said:

When I save a scene subset it opens a browser where I can select where to save it.

And as I remember it will open at the place where you last saved a scene subset.

as long as that location still exists

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 257

Thank you.  I just re-did a save to the correct place.  This all happened automatically, as I said, this is a new instalation of Studio.  I never set up those dirrectories on C: drive myself.  I found out where the Subsets were by looking at 2 new entries in thelibrary.  Can I just delete them off the drive?  I think one might be for the cms so, obviously, not deleting that one.

Gus

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,165

All the last-saved asset filters are stored in Windows Registry : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4\AssetFilters

Optionally, instead of saving each type of Presets for memorizing the filter folders, you also can export AssetFilters registry key to REG file, open it with Notepad++ and batch edit the path(s). Then import the REG file into Registry. (backup this REG for future use if needed...)

The directories you mentioned (if locating in c:\Users\your Win Account\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\...) are set by DS as default, if you've never installed anything in there and will never use them at all, you certainly can delete them, even Daz Connect folder if you never, ever use them. But be noted, DO NOT delete anything under %appdata%\DAZ 3D

SNAG-2024-9-18-025.png
    1663 x 819 - 125K
    SNAG-2024-9-18-026.png
    1125 x 1390 - 218K
  • Is your Documents folder still on C:? If so that will be where the /Daz 3d/Studio/My Library folder is placed.