HDRI Maps and glass issue

Apologies if this has already been answered, I tried searching this on the forums and couldn't find anything.

My problem has to do with HDRI Maps, with Draw Dome Off, being visible when you look through glass that has a roughness value above 0.04. I'm not talking about reflections. 

In Iray, when you look through glass that has no Glossy Roughness value, you see alpha areas within your viewport, so long as the Draw Dome option within your Environment settings is turned off. If you change the Glossy Roughness value to anything above 0.04, the alpha, empty space is immediately filled with your HDRI Map, and this doesn't feel like a reflection thing. Is this intended behavior or is this a bug? Is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,165

That's a known "issue"... even with roughness 0 or turning off Glossy Layered Weight, you'll see the effect of relfection + refraction of the dome and/or sun-sky. There's no other workaround AFAIK but not using Dome / Sky mode or rotate / reposition Dome to lessen the effect...