XI Fantasy Medieval Street lighting question

I would like to know how to get my lighting the same as the images in the Medieval scenes XI Fantasy Medieval Street | Daz 3D

I am trying to get this lighting my image looks nothing like it :(

DazO_XIMedieval_popup_1.jpg
2560 x 1080 - 446K
quick.png
1920 x 1090 - 4M

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,870
    edited September 18

Your render looks like an invisible HDRI on an empty scene. The reference render shows the HDRI and includes scene lighting, environment fog, and possibly a little bit of bloom. If you're trying to get that lighting, what exactly have you tried?

edit: reading this post back, I realize it might sound a lot more confrontational than I intended.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,624
    edited September 18

Not quite like the promo, but as @Gordig has already suggested, adding some bloom and matte fog via the environment in Render Settings, using a HDRI from Orestes' Brooding Skydomes and then playing with the surface settings for the included lanterns gets you pretty close(I definitely needed to bump the lanterns more).

commons copy.jpg
    2560 x 960 - 468K
    Lantern.jpg
    637 x 799 - 67K
    render settings.jpg
    795 x 1659 - 158K
    Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
  • beachlegsbeachlegs Posts: 483
    edited September 18

Gordig said:

Your render looks like an invisible HDRI on an empty scene. The reference render shows the HDRI and includes scene lighting, environment fog, and possibly a little bit of bloom. If you're trying to get that lighting, what exactly have you tried?

edit: reading this post back, I realize it might sound a lot more confrontational than I intended.

Your post sounds fine thank you for your help, I did not use a HDRI  as my brain seems to have inherited the fog environment and stopped working....it was late and I should have  known better than to start a project before bed time. I will start over thank you my friend.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • beachlegsbeachlegs Posts: 483
    edited September 18

Phoenix1966 said:

Not quite like the promo, but as @Gordig has already suggested, adding some bloom and matte fog via the environment in Render Settings, using a HDRI from Orestes' Brooding Skydomes and then playing with the surface settings for the included lanterns gets you pretty close(I definitely needed to bump the lanterns more).

Thank you so much my friend, I will give this a go later today. Your image is what I am hoping mine looks like...Thank you.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Fixed quotes.