How to use Clothing with different bases?

Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080
edited September 18 in The Commons

If I put a G3M outfit on a G2M base, the saved file is over 11 meg. If I put the same outfit on a G3M base, it's under a meg. Is there something that I can do to have it take up less space?

Post edited by Drogo Nazhur on

Comments

• That is because when you save the scene with the outfit is fitted to the figure it was made for it needs only a reference to the asset files in the data folder; when you convert it you are creating new geometry and rigging, which don't have asset files and so must by embedded in the scene. If the conversion is one you will use more than once it may be worth using File>Save As>Support Assets>Figure/Prop Asset for each piece, then using the preset saved with that to load the converted version rather than going through AutoFit. However, the actual amount of data is the same either way so for a one-off conversion it is just a fiddle to make the assets which you will then be careful to keep and have available to reload the scene in future, so possibly more trouble than it is worth.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,348

Drogo Nazhur said:

If I put a G3M outfit on a G2M base, the saved file is over 11 meg. If I put the same outfit on a G3M base, it's under a meg. Is there something that I can do to have it take up less space?

I assume you used autofit to fit the G3M outfit to G2M. Since this changes the geometry of the outfit, all of that is stored in your saved file, that is why it is so big.

What you need to do is first save the outfit as an asset (File->Save As->Support Asset->Figure/Prop Asset). This will save the changes autofit made to the outfit in a new place, and then when you save your scene file you will see that it is much smaller again.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080

thank you. it worked

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080

This approached doesn't seem to work on hair.I tried to added G9 hair to a G8M character and it still takes up a lot more space as if I didn't even do it.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,521
    What hair is it? Does it have multiple parts?