IOArmor

TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213
edited February 2016 in Freebies

Finally got around to putting my IOArmor back into the world as a freebie.  As I state on the page, Studio seems to disagree with the scale tricks I used, but I'm sure if one wants, they can find a way to work with it. :)

http://www.sharecg.com/v/84064/browse/11/Poser/IOArmor

Was tempted to wait till tomorrow so it'd go out on my Birthday but I figured I had it ready so why not. 

SoftgoodImage34156a.jpg
800 x 800 - 208K
Post edited by TesseractSpace on

Comments

• Interesting little toys; will see if I can make this work with Genesis 3. wink

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

Finally got around to putting my IOArmor back into the world as a freebie.  As I state on the page, Studio seems to disagree with the scale tricks I used, but I'm sure if one wants, they can find a way to work with it. :)

Was tempted to wait till tomorrow so it'd go out on my Birthday but I figured I had it ready so why not. 

I played with 'em back when Genesis and Smay's Chibis came out, are these any newer than what was sold?

Any thoughts of updating them? They've always been fun and I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

Laser-Cat-00.jpg
    385 x 759 - 27K
    Laser-Cat-01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 38K
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213
    edited February 2016
    wsterdan said:

I played with 'em back when Genesis and Smay's Chibis came out, are these any newer than what was sold?

Any thoughts of updating them? They've always been fun and I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

It's just the last version I put up at PoserPros.  Would love to make a new version for modern figures but my skills are so rusty and out of date, I'd need help to learn what I need. (Weight mapping, how to keep the solid parts from deforming when posed but still allow them to scale with the figure morphs... How to properly UV map the darn thing so it isn't a nightmare to make textures for it.)

Thinking I may make an IOArmor 2.0 set as a way of learning to work with new figures. I want to fix some of the issues with the old set, like using maps for the 'tron lines' so it has simpler UV maps.

Would love to make details through displacement and such, but I don't have Zbrush so I'll likely stick to modeled details.

I'm also horrible at texture making so I'll probably need someone else to do that once I've modeled and mapped it.

One thing I want to do is make sure the pieces of the armor also exist as props with modeled interior and exterior detail to use as props in scenes where say the armor is being taken off. I'm also looking at taking advantage of the more advanced materials available in Poser and Studio. 

Post edited by TesseractSpace on
    wsterdan said:

-- Walt Sterdan

It's just the last version I put up at PoserPros.  Would love to make a new version for modern figures but my skills are so rusty and out of date, I'd need help to learn what I need. (Weight mapping, how to keep the solid parts from deforming when posed but still allow them to scale with the figure morphs... How to properly UV map the darn thing so it isn't a nightmare to make textures for it.)

Thinking I may make an IOArmor 2.0 set as a way of learning to work with new figures. I want to fix some of the issues with the old set, like using maps for the 'tron lines' so it has simpler UV maps.

Would love to make details through displacement and such, but I don't have Zbrush so I'll likely stick to modeled details.

I'm also horrible at texture making so I'll probably need someone else to do that once I've modeled and mapped it.

One thing I want to do is make sure the pieces of the armor also exist as props with modeled interior and exterior detail to use as props in scenes where say the armor is being taken off. I'm also looking at taking advantage of the more advanced materials available in Poser and Studio. 

Well, time permitting, you should go for it. Your skills are only going to get rustler the longer you wait. wink

The update ideas sound great, and I can guarantee an instant sale here. Your original set still stands out in my memory as the first item I purchased that supported such a wide character base, and the first OOT texture set I ever purchased was for your armor. I especially had fun pairing RLIna's skeleton with the armor. Good times.

-- Walt Sterdan

Rusty isn't the word. Irrelevant is more fitting. It seems like everything I did making the original set has been changed (or wasn't good technique to begin with)

I do want to try for a good multi-figure set. Perhaps not as much as the original, but I figure I'll want to fit the Genesis figures, with care taken to make sure it works well with Aiko 5, Hiro 5, Hitomi, Girl 6, Aiko 6, Keiko 6, Callie 6, Girl 7, and Guy 7. Star is probably likely, with her moving here. NearMe is still one of my favorites.

I'm also thinking to have the set be somewhat modular so one can swap parts and accessories for different styles like a set with paw shaped boots and energy claws with cat ears on the helmet, or a blockier set for an industrial frame. :)

Rusty isn't the word. Irrelevant is more fitting. It seems like everything I did making the original set has been changed (or wasn't good technique to begin with)

I do want to try for a good multi-figure set. Perhaps not as much as the original, but I figure I'll want to fit the Genesis figures, with care taken to make sure it works well with Aiko 5, Hiro 5, Hitomi, Girl 6, Aiko 6, Keiko 6, Callie 6, Girl 7, and Guy 7. Star is probably likely, with her moving here. NearMe is still one of my favorites.

I'm also thinking to have the set be somewhat modular so one can swap parts and accessories for different styles like a set with paw shaped boots and energy claws with cat ears on the helmet, or a blockier set for an industrial frame. :)

Well, your skills might be rusty but your imagination sure isn't. All of those ideas sound like they really take crank the product up a few levels.  I can't imagine it not being a hit.

Like I said, you have an instant sale here.

-- Walt Sterdan 

Oh trust me, if I could get it from my brain into Studio/Poser, I'd be halfway to submitting it to DAZ.  Pity it's probably not as easy as it used to be to make it multifigure...  I recall just resizing, transferring the rigging and it was workable.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

whats does IO stand for ?

Heh, it was made for a character I was using in an RPG, Iosyne. A goddess of invention made mortal and having to earn her way back to divinity. Fun times.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955

Wow, very nice. Thank You so much.

You're welcome. I'm glad people like it. I did make sure the license included with it allows for modification and redistribution. So if someone wants to make it better they can, and it can be shared even if I'm not available to ask for permission.