Free Eames Lounge Set

Eames Lounge

Download from Renderosity here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/eames-lounge-set-w-blender-scene-file-/76130
Alternatively, download from my DA page directly here: http://luxxeon.deviantart.com/art/Eames-Lounge-593530801

This model includes the lounge chair and footrest ottoman as separate objects, both fully textured and UV Unwrapped.  Both objects together consist of 56,137 polygons, and 56,682 vertices.  High resolution PBR (Physically Based Rendering) texture maps are included with this set (4096x4096px), including a color, specular, gloss, and normal map for each material group. Standard bump maps are also included, but I highly recommend using the normal maps with your own customized materials for optimum render results.

*The (Poser) OBJ files have been scaled to import perfectly in Daz|Studio 4.x., and should also import in an approximate location and size in Poser.  See the import instructions below for detailed information on how to import the models in this set to the DAZ Studio software.

Also included with this zip package is a bonus .blend file, with realistic Cycles materials and texture maps already applied to the model, limited global illumination.

All example renders were done with the Corona Render Engine for 3dsmax. Modeling was performed also in 3dsmax, with unwrapping and texturing done in 3dCoat.

You are free to use or modify this model as you see fit, for your own rendering projects or scenes. As with all my free or commercial products, the object can be used for both commercial and non-commercial renders. You may NOT, however, resell or redistribute the model or textures, or any derivative of them; individually, or as part of a package/set.

*** OBJ IMPORT INSTRUCTIONS: There are 2 different OBJ files associated with each model in this set, and one MAPS folder for each.  Obviously, the maps folders hold all the essencial PBR texture maps created for realistic rendering on this model.  You will notice also that each OBJ is labeled for use with a particular software.  The (Poser) obj is designated for import into either Poser or Daz Studio 4x using the Poser import preset settings. The (Default) obj can be used for import to other packages like Modo or Maya.

DAZ STUDIO / POSER USERS:  The OBJ files denoted with (POSER) suffix were formulated with a scale conversion that will allow the objects to load with appropriate scaling into Daz Studio 4.x and above, with Poser import preset settings. It should also import to scale in Poser 9 and above. To import this file into Daz Studio 4.x, first select File > Import > then navigate to the Lounge or Footrest folder.  Choose the (POSER) designated obj file.  In the DazStudio OBJImportOptions dialogue box, be sure to select the Poser (1 Unit = 8 Ft) Preset option in the "From:" dropdown menu.  Scale should be set to 24384% automatically.  If not, then please enter that value into the Scale field.  Also, keep the "Axis Conversion" X=X, Y=Y, and Z=Z, with NO checkboxes in the "Invert Direction" options.  Be sure "Read Groups", "UV Coordinates", "Surfaces", and "Material Library" (.mtl) are all checked or selected ON.  The objects are designed to import in place to the center grid of a default empty scene environment.  Some, but not all, of the included maps may load with each object. You will be required to customize the materials for each object and tweak the settings for each texture map manually, for best results.  I recommend rendering with the new Iray render engine.  The gloss map, in some render engines like Octane Render, should be placed in the Reflection or Specular "Roughness" parameter, and Inverted.  The map is created so that white areas indicate more shiny areas, and black or darker areas are less shiny.  So in a render engine where roughness is used in place of glossiness, the map needs to be inverted to the opposite grayscale values to work properly.  Feel free to contact me personally if you need help setting up the maps provided in your favorite render engine.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or issues with this product.  I stand behind all of my models, even the free ones, with full tech support.  Thanks!

eames_lounge_wireframe03.jpg
640 x 480 - 85K
eames_lounge_wireframe01.jpg
640 x 480 - 76K
eames_lounge_wireframe02.jpg
640 x 480 - 61K

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

That looks really wonderful! Thank you.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited February 2016

Great to see something nice from you again. And I really like this — I wish I could curl up in it.

Just spent a couple of hours converting everything into proper native D|S files, and fiddling with the materials in Iray, and I think I've managed to get as close as I can to what you've shown in the first post in Corona. This is just the default Iray environment light, using the normal maps on all materials as you suggested, and I used a PBS Brushed Aluminium shader for the metal.

Eames-Lounge-02.jpg
    800 x 900 - 37K
    Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Thanks for sharing this amazing lounge set!!!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

Nice work! Thanks for sharing!

• luxxeonluxxeon Posts: 18

Great to see something nice from you again. And I really like this — I wish I could curl up in it.

Just spent a couple of hours converting everything into proper native D|S files, and fiddling with the materials in Iray, and I think I've managed to get as close as I can to what you've shown in the first post in Corona. This is just the default Iray environment light, using the normal maps on all materials as you suggested, and I used a PBS Brushed Aluminium shader for the metal.

WOW!  Really wonderful job you did here converting the materials, SpottedKitty!  Do you mind if I contact you privately?  Have a few questions I'd like to run bye you.  Great job.

luxxeon said:

Do you mind if I contact you privately?  Have a few questions I'd like to run bye you.

I think I sent you a PM; I'm not sure if i've quite got a grip on the new way the forum does that.

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

Thanks looks nice

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited March 2016

Here's one in 3Delight...

chair_8.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 308K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Thank you, and nice instructions on installing.

luxxeon said:

Do you mind if I contact you privately?  Have a few questions I'd like to run bye you.

Did you get my PM? The way the new forum does them is really weird, I'm only about 90% sure there isn't a reply tagged on to it.