Fukurokuju for Genesis 3 Male

MythconsMythcons Posts: 123
edited April 2016 in Freebies

I'm creating the Shichi Fukujin (Seven Lucky Gods) for a personal project, but I don't mind sharing. I don't expect these characters to be that popular. :)

This is Fukurokuju, the sycretic fusion of three Chinese star gods (Fu, Lu and Shou) and one of the Seven Lucky Gods of Japan. He is a sennin (immortal hermit), represents longevity and immortality, and enjoys slow-paced games of strategy. There is a story related to Fukurokuju, where a farmer is walking home one day and encounters two beings playing chess. As the farmer observes the game, he grows hungry and is given a piece of fruit by one of the players. The farmer notices various changes taking place as the game progresses (such as hair and nails growing rapidly). When the farmer returns home, his family is no longer there, and the town is gone. It is 200 years later.

Fukurokuju is normally depicted as short being with a very enlarged head (up to three times his body size), a long white beard and/or mustache.

Download Link: http://www.sharecg.com/v/84553/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Fukurokuju-for-Genesis-3-Male

Post edited by Mythcons on

Comments

• MythconsMythcons Posts: 123

Ideally he should look like this, but I cannot find a suitable beard in the Daz3D store.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697

Sounds like a variant on, or predecessor to, the Rip Van Winkle legend by Washington Irving.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I've never seen this one before.

edited April 2016

You can see all the Lucky Gods here. They are basically a collection of deities from Hinduism and branches of Buddhism. When Japan incorprated Buddhist deities and folklore into their Shinto religion, they became popular 'good luck' figures within Japanese culture. The Seven Lucky Gods travel together in a treasure ship, and hand out gifts every New Year.

shichifukujin.jpg
    834 x 567 - 204K
    Post edited by Mythcons on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I think I have seen Fukurokuju but he was wearing a very tall hat.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited April 2016

"see what i have found !"

mixed him with hotei

the lucky guy 02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on

Very nice, Ruphuss, I wish there was a 'like' button!

edited April 2016

thank you myth

waiting for the lucky gods parade

you make them all ?

the lady would be nice with that lovely hair and her kind of lute

Post edited by Ruphuss on
    Ruphuss said:

thank you myth

waiting for the lucky gods parade

you make them all ?

the lady would be nice with that lovely hair and her kind of lute

Would love to do them all. I'm taking a small break from them and doing more popular stuff, just to break the routine. Regarding the hair, I have difficulty with that part. I may have to brush up on some Daz hair tutorials. I would like to do hair for Benzaiten (the female) and for Fukurokuju's beard.

I have plans for the Hindu devas in the future, as some of the Luckly Seven have alternate forms within Hinduism. For example. Daikokuten (the pudgy guy with the mallet) is actually Shiva within the Hindu pantheon. Daikoku has at least seven forms within Buddhism alone.

• Would it be possible to make the head and body morphs seperate? Because the body seems like it'd be a great generic base for making toon characters, while the head is a little, well, specific. :P

waiting for Benzaiten

even without hair

thian hair could be nice for her

https://www.daz3d.com/thian-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s