mcjApplique Geo-Follower script for Daz Studio

2»

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I really need to start messing around with Daz scripts soon. A lot of your stuff looks real neat and useful but I've been a little intimidated to try them LOL.

• olmilolmil Posts: 10

seems really great, but...

...you forgott to package the Ds3/4 bot

hurra for all of your scripts

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited April 2016

I'm not sure how i will use this script in my animations yet. But i really want to thank you Jacque for all these great goodies you have created & share with us all.  I apprecaite all your work you put into them, a lot of them I use to help me in my animations ... so Thank you again Mr Casual :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605

i'll fix that right now ....

( note that as is the case in 90% of my scripts the DS1/2 version is simply the DS3/4 version renamed from .dsa to .ds

done ! the new zip contains the mcjAppliqueBot.dsa for Ds3/4 ( and 5 lets hope )

there it is ---> https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjapplique

or direct link to the zip

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjapplique/mcjApplique.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

mostly unrelated image BUT i may use mcjApplique to track and

fix the dress rings and improve the fake dynamic cloth effect

olmil said:

seems really great, but...

...you forgott to package the Ds3/4 bot

hurra for all of your scripts

welcome thanks!

the main uses i see so far is for accessories , buttons, hooks and necklaces

maybe it would improve the look of ribbons and bows on clothes and in hair

also, in it's non-animated form it's useful as a way to install things at the surface of something using simple parenting

--

i guess the key to  finding uses not covered by simple old-school parenting is, it has to be soft surfaces or surfaces with animated-morphs

like here if i wanted to hang something on the skirt edge which moves due to moorphs

or to the spectacles B)

Ivy said:

I'm not sure how i will use this script in my animations yet. But i really want to thank you Jacque for all these great goodies you have created & share with us all.  I apprecaite all your work you put into them, a lot of them I use to help me in my animations ... so Thank you again Mr Casual :)

Update V2 Update V2 Update V2 Update

version 1 did not contain the mcjAppliqueBot!

the new zip contains the mcjAppliqueBot.dsa for Ds3/4 ( and 5 lets hope )

there it is ---> https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjapplique

or direct link to the zip

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjapplique/mcjApplique.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

i used mcjApplique to track the skirt 
    ( the skirt movements really didnt look realistic ! )
    then using mcjCycleFilter i massaged the tracker's animation curve
    ( i amplified the swing amplitude an phase shifted it )
    then i rebuilt the skirt animation
    note that i used custom morphs, but using Daz Studio's D-Forms i could get similar results

edited April 2016

Nota Bene:

Another version of mcjAppliqueBot will solve this BUT be aware that

( unless something else was the cause ) 

when you close and reload a scene containing Host/Follower nodes ( aka mcjNanoBots )

they will have forgotten the identity of the node they were attached to

so you will need to go in the parameters panel, the 'mcjNanoBot" section and set the appropriate "Leader"

leader.jpg
    800 x 600 - 126K
    Post edited by mCasual on

thanks for your repack

tried it and works fine

but with a character (V4) for some reason, works only in DS4 (.9) and not in DS3 nor Ds2

same way for selection order but it returns " ... fine but unfortunely node has no geometrie"

sure you'll understand why ;)

thanks for the tests ! , i'll fix that right now

i guess i made all my DS3 tests on spheres and not on figures

in DS4 the root node of the figure has the geometry/mesh

in DS1,2,3 each bone has its geometry and the root has none

olmil said:

thanks for your repack

tried it and works fine

but with a character (V4) for some reason, works only in DS4 (.9) and not in DS3 nor Ds2

same way for selection order but it returns " ... fine but unfortunely node has no geometrie"

UPDATE - mcjApplique and mcjAppliqueBot - V3  - UPDATE - mcjApplique and mcjAppliqueBot - V3  - 

Now with DS2/DS3 compatibility for cases where the ''leader'' is a figure bone

note: if you load a DS3 Scene ( .daz ) in DS4, the figures/clothes are in some bizarre state which may prevent mcjApplique from working

when i faced this problem, i deleted the t-shirt that came in the DS3 .daz scene and loaded a new one and everuthing worked fine

same bat url ---> https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjapplique

• Great script, very useful, makes my life easier.

Thansksyes

mCasual said:

thanks for the tests ! , i'll fix that right now

i guess i made all my DS3 tests on spheres and not on figures

in DS4 the root node of the figure has the geometry/mesh

in DS1,2,3 each bone has its geometry and the root has none

olmil said:

thanks for your repack

tried it and works fine

just read your message and downloaded the "thing"...

...works like a charm!

thank you, great

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,606

Really great. Thank you

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    mCasual said:

Nota Bene:

Another version of mcjAppliqueBot will solve this BUT be aware that

( unless something else was the cause ) 

when you close and reload a scene containing Host/Follower nodes ( aka mcjNanoBots )

they will have forgotten the identity of the node they were attached to

so you will need to go in the parameters panel, the 'mcjNanoBot" section and set the appropriate "Leader"

question: What if I want to use the script for piercings, means props that goes through the mesh, will the prop will follow the mesh then? means for example a nose piercing or eyebrows

note that Daz Studio 4.8 and up have something called  Rigid Follow Nodes

which is shown here to work well with piercing 

-----

mcjApplique can also be used for that

it creates a null node and maintains its position relative to 1 facet of the ... nose for example

you then parent your ring to that node and can reposition your ring how you like

if you look at page 1 of this forum thread you can see i had a diamond at the surface of Amy's tongue

i could replace that diamond with anything... like a ring

cosmo71 said:
    mCasual said:

question: What if I want to use the script for piercings, means props that goes through the mesh, will the prop will follow the mesh then? means for example a nose piercing or eyebrows

edited July 2016

Note: I only found out about Daz Studio's Edit/Duplicate Node menu recently

and when i tried using mcjApplique to "pin" 6 buttons on high waist pants, i found out there's a problem

the problem is that, even if each duplicate node has a different label, it doesnt have a different name, from mcjApplique's point of view

so mcjApplique will create one leader node and attach all 6 buttons to it

soon i'll post an update that addresses this problem

in the meantime, try to make sure your "followers" have different names;

a not too complicated way and less scary than the solution below, is to create a null node for each button ,

parent each button to its null node and specify that null node as the follower, this way all your followers have a different (internal) name

personally i used this short script

those that know what that's about can use it - select a node, run the script and the selected node name will become "button4", change the 'mynumber' value to 5 and the selected node will be renamed "button5"

var myNumber = 4;

var node = Scene.getPrimarySelection();

if( node )

{

var myNewName = "button" + myNumber;

node.setName( myNewName );

node.setLabel( myNewName );

}

see the 6 buttons on the pants follow the shortsas Amy Ombrey dances ... without sinking in the shorts

AmyOmbreyCuteSet043.png
    320 x 640 - 255K

NEW NEW NEW

There's a new version, instead of using the 3 nearest vertices as the base for the glued objects, it takes 3 vertices from the nearest facet!

this way we avoid picking 3 vertices along an an edge .... which is not a good foundation

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjapplique

• This looks like a really great script! I have only now been taking a closer look at it.

Something that I would really like to do would be to simulate an object moving on skin (or another surface) in such a way that is always remains in contact with it while moving. E.g., a tear-drop (object) rolling down the face while the face is itself deforming into different types of expressions at the same time. Or a snail moving on an animated surface? Can this be done? 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102

@mCasual

I don't know if you noticed but the right heel lifts slightly as the left leg swings down past it.

edited May 2018

maybe the right ankle twist gives that impression

it's also possible that her hips were too far from the ground 

so mcjAutoLimb was not able to find a leg pose that kept the right foot grounded

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts6/mcjautolimb2015

Fishtales said:

@mCasual

I don't know if you noticed but the right heel lifts slightly as the left leg swings down past it.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102

No, the foot doesn't lift it is as if the inside of the foot and the black heel piece that is sticking out the back expands in size slightly.