Some simple G3 poses and Iray shaders.... Might need help??

gunnar10gunnar10 Posts: 7
edited June 2016 in Freebies

Hi all, I posted some simple poses and shaders on shareCG.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/85209/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Ballet-poses-and-Iray-Satin-shaders-UPDATED

Now, I'm new to this posting marlarkey, and, although some people have said the poses and textures work fine, it appears that some get error messages when uploading due to file's missing? I've gone over the files and the pathways look ok to me... Am i missing something? A little feedback would be greatly appreciated as i'd like to contribute to this community, work permitting... :D

Thanks in advance, and if they do work, please enjoy.. :)

Post edited by gunnar10 on

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited June 2016

gunnar, I downloaded and put your package through its paces. What I found is that you have identified the path to the texture as "/Studio/My%20Library/Runtime/Textures/gunnar10/Satin%20Tex/Satin.png", so when I click on one of the presets I get the message that it can't find the texture. It thinks that the texture should be here: D:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/gunnar10/Stain Tex/Satin.png. (This link is due to how I have set up my content library and Studio Database locations) The actual texture location for me is D:\DAZ 3D\FreeStudio4\Runtime\textures\gunnar10\Satin Tex. I find that if I make a relative pointer to the texture that things work fine. By relative I mean that if my shader preset .duf file is in D:/My Library/Shader Preset/gunnar10/Preset01.duf that the path of the texture file should be /Runtime/Textures/gunnar10/Satin%20Tex/Satin.png. Studio then defaults to looking for the texture in the directories contained at the same level as Shader Preset and then drilling down. I modified one of your dufs to see if this is correct and it worked just fine after I did that.

so what I did was to remove: /Studio/My%20Library from each of the reference lines of the texture location. I think it is in three places. I just did a find png and searched for it that way.

Hope this helps you.

Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • gunnar10gunnar10 Posts: 7

Thank you so much for the reply DollyGirl. I really appreciate the input and time you've taken to assist me in this. From what i understand on what you've said, is that i should remove the  :/Studio/My%20Library from the DUF file in a text editor? would this possibly corrupt the file? I totally admit, that i'm an utter Noob when it comes to this. I've dabbled with DAZ3D for many years, and really like the interface for the PBR. I understand the physical aspects of it when it comes to the shader creation. and have tested many shaders within my own system. Is there a reason,therefore, that when i look over my DUF files, they all show yhis MY%20Library heading?. Is it the way i'm saving them, which, incidentally is in an idependent folder set up for these shaders, or the batch converter i've used to uncompress the file?.. Thanks again Though DollyGirl... i am slightly less confused..LOL :D

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

how about converting the poses for gen2fem ?

wold be nice

lots of people do not use gen3fem

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 515

They are great poses though, I didnt get to the shaders yet

gunnar10 said:

Thank you so much for the reply DollyGirl. I really appreciate the input and time you've taken to assist me in this. From what i understand on what you've said, is that i should remove the  :/Studio/My%20Library from the DUF file in a text editor? would this possibly corrupt the file? I totally admit, that i'm an utter Noob when it comes to this. I've dabbled with DAZ3D for many years, and really like the interface for the PBR. I understand the physical aspects of it when it comes to the shader creation. and have tested many shaders within my own system. Is there a reason,therefore, that when i look over my DUF files, they all show yhis MY%20Library heading?. Is it the way i'm saving them, which, incidentally is in an idependent folder set up for these shaders, or the batch converter i've used to uncompress the file?.. Thanks again Though DollyGirl... i am slightly less confused..LOL :D

Yes and use a text editor to make the changes. For a Windows machine Notepad or Wordpad can be used. I do not know the equivalent for a Mac. You want your file to remain a clear text file and not be encrypted. You do not want a Microsoft Word type file. What you are experiencing is Studio is trying to make your life "easier". For you it seems that you have full path enabled in your duf files. When I save out a duf I have relative path names. So that would indicate that there is an option inside Studio to set that preference up. I must have set it up a long time ago because I can not find that option today. Maybe Richard would know where that is. Until then you will have to just go in and fix your file paths to use a relative path. Setting up a separate directory for your work is okay. What I have is a directory I call Testing. I do all the development work there. I then package up the item and from the zip I install in my working directories. that way I can check that I have all of the files I need to make a successful install.

• gunnar10gunnar10 Posts: 7

Right, I think i might of cracked it... Yay! I set up a seperate file  on the desktop with the subfolders added. Placed the relevant textures and DUF files in their catergories. Text edited the DUF so that It started from /Runtime...etc. saved it as a zip file and then dropped it into Daz.. and ... POW.. IT WORKED!! no error message !! i could've done a cartwheel! :D

Here's the test shader i compiled to see if i had resolved the issue. :)

zip
    zip
    Ivory satin fine.zip
    4M

Yup works like a champ.