Morphing Sweatshirt for Genesis 2 Female

grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Recently Genesis 2 Female was complaining to me that she is tired of having to paint her apartment in stilletto boots and a teddy. You see, that's all she has. Well, that and her chain mail battle bikini. 

Anyway, I decided to help her out with this simple and functional sweatshirt. If she decides to wear it over something other than her favorite vampire hunting thong, you know, something like pants for example, there's a morph for that. Also another one just to let her roll up her sleeves because she probably will want to do that while she cleans her zombie hunting gear. 

Note that the rigging is default transfer function and there is lots of poke through happening when arms are bent. I applied smoothing but still problem so I added a morph to expand the sleeves a bit to combat some of that. Hope it works okay, let me know if there are any problems.

Cheers!

http://www.sharecg.com/v/85332/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Morphing-Sweatshirt-for-Genesis-2-Female

Sweatshirt_G2F-SleevesNormal.jpg
900 x 900 - 414K
Sweatshirt_G2F-SleevesRolledUp.jpg
900 x 900 - 404K

Comments

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635

Looks great, thank you :-)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958
    Awesome job!
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605

Thanks !

the OTK boots are my free Aiko3 OTK boots, which have some heel issues when transplanted to Genesis but not visible here )
    and the dress is my free Genesis Bodycon
    on the sweatshirt i added a "push" deformer
    and that's aboutit !

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

That's awesome mCasual, glad to see you could use it. I've gotten so many cool things from you over the years that I was beginning to feel guilty!  We're not even yet but it's a start.

You know, I didn't think it would animate well because the sleeves are wonky when you bend the arms but since it's a different figure maybe you cleaned up the weight maps.  Well, I see you added a push deformer, I tried using a sleeve loosen morph to do similar but maybe that was the answer all along. 

Anyway it's nice to see that I packaged it up properly and it's working for people.  Maybe I'll try may hand at some other stuff down the road.  In the meantime, enjoy!

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    edited June 2016

Thanks Mr. Grinch!  I appreciate the effort.

I unzipped the package the way I always do, loaded the G2F model and tried to add the sweatshirt.

I got this message:

could not locate runtime/textures/vyktohria/convertit/vykconvertit_bump01.jpg

Any idea where I might find it?

Anyway, here's what I made with it.

Love the realistic wrinkles!  So much better than shrink wrap.  Need to remember to have her roll up her sleeves next time.

Thanks!

G2F Runner.jpg
    900 x 506 - 378K
    Post edited by dHandle on
    dHandle said:

Thanks Mr. Grinch!  I appreciate the effort.

I unzipped the package the way I always do, loaded the G2F model and tried to add the sweatshirt.

I got this message:

could not locate runtime/textures/vyktohria/convertit/vykconvertit_bump01.jpg

Any idea where I might find it?

Anyway, here's what I made with it.

Thanks!

Ooops.  I used a product designed to be a quick and dirty "one click" utility to make basic texture look more like cloth for the promos but it's not necessary and I thought I got rid of it.  Well I did, it's not in the textures but I'm surprised it's still looking for it.  Just skip it, that reference shouldnt be in there. I'll have to update the package to remove the reference to the file.

Great render!

edited June 2016

I think she looks more determined now.

I did have some trouble with poke through at the right elbow.  My solution was to make the upper arm invisible. 

You can see it if you look closely...

G2F Runner2.jpg
    900 x 506 - 378K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958
    edited June 2016
    Are you turning on collision?
    Post edited by Oso3D on

By default it has collission on. It's not enough when the arms are bent; it makes them sort of blow up with a sharp spike sometimes (you can see a little of that on dHandle's new render, on the right arm) and yet there is still poke through.  That's why I added the morph to expand the sleeves, it makes it less likely to get that jagged spike after collision.  I think the right answer is probably to adjust a bone or a weight map I guess.  Not my strong suit though.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited June 2016

"It's me, Balverk, don't you remember ?"

i like its not totally glued to the body

after a long time a 3dl render again

Balverk 04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 815K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I found on items that tend to project pointy geometry when using smoothing modifier that if you turn smoothing down (usually to 0) and up the collision itterations it fixes the pokethrough without the pointy bits :)

edited June 2016

Never mind  -- wrong thread.

Post edited by grinch2901 on
  • eblankeblank Posts: 88

Could not resist to make some textures for this wonderful piece of clothing: http://www.sharecg.com/v/85356/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Textures-for-Morphing-Sweat-Shirt-G2F

render01.jpg
    600 x 849 - 97K

Wow, thos are awesome eblank!  The textures really add a lot to it!

edited June 2016

WOW!  Very nice, EBlank!  Thank you!

She looks great!

SweatshirtTextures.jpg
    752 x 900 - 298K