Tutorial: Converting Old Facial Hair to G3F/G3M with DS4.8+ UPDATED!

ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
edited July 2016 in Freebies

Note: I have updated the tutorial to add information about converting V4/M4 stuff to weight mapping before refit.

Download from Renderosity: Rigging Old Facial Hair in DS 4.8+ for G3F/G3M

Download from ShareCG: Rigging Old Facial Hair in DS 4.8+ for G3F/G3M

facialhairpromo

Use this tutorial to learn how you can convert facial hair from V4, M4, Genesis 1, G2F, and G2M for use on G3F and G3M. And it will follow their expressions!!!

USAGE NOTES

Use for whatever purposes you like, commercial or non-commercial. Attribution is always nice, but not necessary. Just don’t repackage and call your own. Have fun!

ABOUT ME

the tacky trove, repository of all my digital freebies: http://oddpla.net/tacky/

Powers of Creation, home of my digital art and other creative endeavors:

http://oddpla.net/modernwizard/

Post edited by ModernWizard on

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thank you! Added to the hair list here and at the poserdazfreebies wiki! :o)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

Very useful - just followed it with a beard for M4 (as an aside, c'mon DAZ .. I can search for 'Beard' in Content and it will find MAT poses for LorezLorenzo but it won't find Beard_M4????).  Had to interject an additional step to convert the item to general weight-mapped before transfer utility would list it, but apart from that, simple, clear and it works, thank you :)

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850

Thanks for the addition Simon! Yeah, the items have to be Triax before they can be converted.

--MW

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850

Note: I have updated both tutorials with SimonJM's extra step about converting V4/M4 stuff to weight mapping before refitting.

--MW

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

Note: I have updated both tutorials with SimonJM's extra step about converting V4/M4 stuff to weight mapping before refitting.

--MW

Happy to give you the extra work .. devilcheeky