Coming Soonish - Metamorph

2»

Comments

• Mythcons said:

I do understand the Intellectual Property concerns, I truly do. I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just worried that all those character-creating tools which drew me to Daz Studio are effectively a waste. I don't want to step anyone's toes, I simply enjoy creating freebies in my spare time. Seems like Richard (who I know is just doing his job) is using every avenue to shut me down.

so to be clear, you're not making a figure that uses genesis 3, but you are making a figure from Fuse in DAZ Studio, right?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mythcons said:

I do understand the Intellectual Property concerns, I truly do. I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just worried that all those character-creating tools which drew me to Daz Studio are effectively a waste. I don't want to step anyone's toes, I simply enjoy creating freebies in my spare time. Seems like Richard (who I know is just doing his job) is using every avenue to shut me down.

so to be clear, you're not making a figure that uses genesis 3, but you are making a figure from Fuse in DAZ Studio, right?

He is making what amounts to a derivative figure because he is using Genesis 1/2/3  or it's add-ons as a reference.

• You can make a stand-alone base figure. You can make add-ons for an existing figure. What you cannot do is make a figure that is designed, or tweaked, to use content from another figure (via its basic shape or a clone).

• You can make a stand-alone base figure. You can make add-ons for an existing figure. What you cannot do is make a figure that is designed, or tweaked, to use content from another figure (via its basic shape or a clone).

At least, I suppose, content from one of DAZ's own (or its PAs') figures.  How much would Daz interfere with, say, G3M clones for old Poser (or S1M "Project Human") figures?  I don't mean Dork wearing Mike7 duds, but vise versa.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

You can make a stand-alone base figure. You can make add-ons for an existing figure. What you cannot do is make a figure that is designed, or tweaked, to use content from another figure (via its basic shape or a clone).

At least, I suppose, content from one of DAZ's own (or its PAs') figures.  How much would Daz interfere with, say, G3M clones for old Poser (or S1M "Project Human") figures?  I don't mean Dork wearing Mike7 duds, but vise versa.

Making a morph/clone for, let's use MakeHuman, G3M that looks like/matches the MakeHuman figure would be fine...the usage for MH allows that.  Making a G3M 'clone' for MH...not allowed.  Clones are just morphs saved in a particular manner/with particular settings.  Matching your original figure to Genesis, Generation 4, etc is the problem.  Matching them to your figure...as long as it is totally yours or you have the right to do so, no problem.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

Clones get into difficult territory because you need to have rights for both figures.  For example, Mavka for Genesis and Star 2.0 are allowed to have autofit clones for the original Mavka/Star because the PAs own the rights to the original figures and Daz 3D owns the rights to the Genesis figures.

• Mythcons said:
    mjc1016 said:

It's not the software...it's the figures.  And yes, the base Poser figures have all sorts of restrictions, too.

The Fuse figure occupies almost the exact same space as Genesis. Genesis clothing fits with little effort. I didn't design it like that. The autofit feature is a function of the software.

I believe what others have done in the past was give directions for users to create the clone for themselves, for their own use. They just couldn't distribute a ready-made clone for everyone to use. Hope this helps. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Mythcon's said that it's the various Genesis versions of clothing that autofits quite easily to the Fuse character not that he fitted the Fuse character to the Genesis versions clothing is how I think I read what he said. He made the Fuse character, imported into DAZ Studio, and weightmapped and rigged it correctly so that that Genesis clothing can actually autofit to the Fuse character, not that he copied the DAZ Studio Genesis characters geometries or Genesis clothing geometries so that the clothing autofits.

Mythcon hasn't violated the EULA in any way by doing that if I understood what he's done correctly.

• Mythcon's said that it's the various Genesis versions of clothing that autofits quite easily to the Fuse character not that he fitted the Fuse character to the Genesis versions clothing is how I think I read what he said. He made the Fuse character, imported into DAZ Studio, and weightmapped and rigged it correctly so that that Genesis clothing can actually autofit to the Fuse character, not that he copied the DAZ Studio Genesis characters geometries or Genesis clothing geometries so that the clothing autofits.

Mythcon hasn't violated the EULA in any way by doing that if I understood what he's done correctly.

As has alrady been explained in various phrasings, AutoFit requires a clone shape that matches the target figure - in this case Genesis 3 Male - and that is not allowed under the EULA.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

We are venturing into very deep and murky waters here, indeed, IMO.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Mythcon's said that it's the various Genesis versions of clothing that autofits quite easily to the Fuse character not that he fitted the Fuse character to the Genesis versions clothing is how I think I read what he said. He made the Fuse character, imported into DAZ Studio, and weightmapped and rigged it correctly so that that Genesis clothing can actually autofit to the Fuse character, not that he copied the DAZ Studio Genesis characters geometries or Genesis clothing geometries so that the clothing autofits.

As has alrady been explained in various phrasings, AutoFit requires a clone shape that matches the target figure - in this case Genesis 3 Male - and that is not allowed under the EULA.

Um...actually, no, it doesn't.  The 'Undefined' will make an attempt to fit anything to anything...now, how successfull that is, without some sort of shape to go by, is a big question.  But it will work. 

I don't think it works on any parametric rigged figures, but it definitely will make the attempt with weightmapped figures.

• how does stuff like crossdresser work then?

• mjc1016 said:

Um...actually, no, it doesn't.  The 'Undefined' will make an attempt to fit anything to anything...now, how successfull that is, without some sort of shape to go by, is a big question.  But it will work. 

I don't think it works on any parametric rigged figures, but it definitely will make the attempt with weightmapped figures.

True, perhaps I should have specific adaptations to make AutoFit work...

• well posing more than shape is the issue.

a humanoid figure is a pretty standard shape and most clothes can be closely approximated if scaled the same but the posing of arms and fingers in particular is what makes or breaks how well things autofit.

This has been my experience fitting clothing from other sources (extracted Skyrim and Witcher 2 mesh in my case, (using modding tools on my own computer no mesh distribution personal use only).

DAZ figures seem posed differently to most other figures, Max biped is usually the standard used by most things.

Baking rotations after using a matching pose makes autofitting possible but then you need to repose the clothing and bake the rotations in that to the original.

So maybe a script to do that would be the way to avoid using any matching mesh.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    mjc1016 said:

I've used 'undefined' quite often with pretty good results. They were all female DAZ Genesis characters of different generations.