G3F pose to G8F correction/fix/adjust script - update

DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
edited June 2017 in Freebies

Update 18th June 2017 - as per request. now set of 3 scripts: Original script  (now called 'G3F G8F Pose Adjust - Full' but no actual change in script) for correcting normal, whole G3F pose applied to G8F, correcting both arms and legs, plus an '- arms' and a '- legs' version for correcting e.g. upper body only or arms only G3F partial poses, and lower body only or legs only G3F partial poses applied to G8F. Rest of this post is the original for just the original one script version, but link to download of all 3 scripts added below link to original of just the one (there is no benefit in downloading both as the new '- Full' script is exactly the same as the original single script.

This is quick and dirty ....

As far as I can see, G8F is the same shape, joints in same place, as G3F. G3F poses would work except for the G8F zero pose being different from the G3F one. But all the difference is 6 degrees out on the thigh side to side, and 45 degrees down on the shoulder bend.

I have quickly written a very simple script (people who can actually write scripts properly will doubtless scoff at the lack of technique and bells and whistles) that simply adds/subtracts the appropriate amounts from G8F's shoulderbend bends and thighbend side-to-sides. Apply it to a zeroed G8F, it will adopt the G3F zero pose. Apply it to G8F after applying a G3F pose, it will correct the pose so G8F is posed how G3F would have been. I.e. it's a G3F>G8F pose converter (but one you apply to the figure after using a G3F pose, not one that converts batches of pose presets).

Note:

1 It's just a script, no readme, no FAQ, not even a thumbnail

2 Unzip it and drop it in your DAZ My Library somewhere - Scripts folder would be obvious place, but doesn't matter.

3 Selecting it in the content pane, and using 'create custom action' will add it to your scripts menu, and you could also then add it to your toolbar if you want - easier than always having to navigate to the scripts folder.

4 To use - apply a G3F pose to G8F. Then with G8F selected, click on the 'G3F G8F Pose Adjust' script (or scripts menu entry or toolbar button if you've added those). You should find the pose corrected on G8F to how G3F would have posed.

5 Because of the different zero position, the limits will be different, and using a G3F pose on G8F may pop up the limits warning. Just click to allow limits OFF, then when you apply this correction script the corrected pose will actually be within limits again (if the pose wasn't a limits-off pose on G3F). (However it won't turn the limits back on again, even though the pose is now within them.)

6 It is very simple, doesn't check you have an actual G8F selected. But undo WILL work on this if you use it on something you shouldn't by mistake.

Feel free to use, abuse, pass on, improve etc. Just don't claim you wrote it (unless you have significantly added to it), and don't charge for it.

It's at ShareCG - https://www.sharecg.com/v/88527/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/G3F-G8F-pose-adjust-script

New version with '- Full', '- Arms' and '- Legs' scipts at ShareCG - https://www.sharecg.com/v/88560/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/G3F-G8F-pose-adjust-scripts-Legs-Arms-and-Full

Oh, if there's a problem (I've only tested it very briefly), you can try to let me know --- but disability has me unable to post or read posts much of the time, I no longer actually follow stuff in this forum the way I did 2004-2008 (because I can't), and my medications stuff up my memory so I'm liable to completely forget ever seeing anything I wasn't up to answering at the time. (I'll probably have forgotten I've even posted this in a few minutes). So if I HAVE made a mistake but it is correctable, best thing is if you correct it yourself, anyone who can.

Anyone who used my V4>Genesis Pose adjust script - this is just like that. (Actually I started with that in the script editor and edited it down to this.)

(Edited to correct some of the typos) (Edited to add version with scripts for arms only, legs only partial poses.)

Post edited by DavidGB on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

thanks

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

Thank you!

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Nice!

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    edited June 2017

Great job mate!  Thanks very much for doing this, it works wonderfully.  laugh  And congratulations in being the first to make a Genesis 8 freebie!!!  

Post edited by stuthurso on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thank you!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

I'm so pleased with how well this works! Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you remember to come back to this thread and see all the people who are appreciative! laugh

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

Thank you.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Thank you.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,308

Thank you so much for this. smiley

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135

Awesome!  

• RJGirlRJGirl Posts: 93
    edited June 2017

Yes Yes Yes!!!! Works beautifully! Thanks!

(*Edit) New thumbnail pic here is using G8 with G3 pose and G8 expressions :)

Post edited by RJGirl on
  • more praise from me , thanks

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

This is perfect! Thank you very much! So cool of you to give this as a gift to the community! :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you very much!

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 646

Excellent! Thanks for releasing this for us to enjoy! yes

• Thanks so much!   This is like Christmas for me, just discovered G8F today!

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 781

A lifesaver!!  Thanks DavidGB!!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,306

Thanks a lot, DavidGB.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Thank you. It works beautifully :)

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288

Wonderful for you to share this with us all... Thank you!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Thanks so much David.  Hope all is well sir.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Thank you so much for sharing.

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

Thank you very much.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

You are the bomb! Daz should include this with Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

thank you thank you! this has been working perfectly for me laughlaugh Absolutely invaluable. 

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740

When applied in Keyframe Mode at a different level in aniMate 2 and saved as new the script even works on any G3F aniBlock. yes smiley

• Good Job!!! Script works wonderfully

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Excellent script David, Thanks!

May I suggest you making two more with partial pose? Only arms and only legs? That would be great for partial poses

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    Jerife said:

Excellent script David, Thanks!

May I suggest you making two more with partial pose? Only arms and only legs? That would be great for partial poses

As I can see that might be useful, and it only took opening the script in editor, deleting one half and saving, undoing delete, deleting other half and saving ... I have. Keep eye on ShareCG (doing this in bits I can look down whie watching latest ep. of Agents of Shield).

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

OK. version with Full, Arms only, Legs only up at ShareCG for anyone who feels it would be useful to correct just arms or just legs after e.g. using partial poses. Link in (edited) original post at top below original link.