G3F pose to G8F correction/fix/adjust script - update

2»

Comments

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,606

Very nice David. Thank you hope you feel better.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Thank you so much works perfectly!!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482
    edited June 2017

Thanks very much David.

I have only just installed G8 and started to see what she's all about. The first thing I needed was some way to adapt the G3F poses I have so I downloaded your scripts (Full, Arms and Legs), made Icons for them and added Custom Actions - so simple, so effective. Very much appreciated.

By the way - may I add my best wishes on your health.

Post edited by marble on
  • Thanks. I just downloaded it and it works pretty fab!
  • SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

Very very handy! Thanks for this yes

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2017

I downloaded the arms/legs/full version, and it works perfect. Tested with some of the more drastic poses from the Z-Feline set and you can't tell the difference. Thanks!

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Thank you so much for these scripts

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,848
    edited June 2017

David's converter worked great for 99% of the posed I tried it on, but I had a problem with a few poses. I noticed that the leg side-to-side adjustment should not always be +-6. It needs to vary as the bend changes. There is also a twist that happens. So, I tried to take those factors into account. This is a work in progress, and it isn't perfect, either, but it helps on those poses I had trouble with. It should work about the same as David's converter for "normal" poses. So, this gives you another free G3 to G8 pose converter option.

Unzip the file and copy the script and thumbnail files to the Scripts folder in your content library, The converter is named G3 to G8 Pose Adjust (similar name, but slightly different to distinguish it from David's)

Here is the download link from my DropBox.

Examples attached.

Edit: I think this will only work in DS 4.9.3.166 or newer versions.

G8 old G3 G8 new i13vp Stretch 01 annotated.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 337K
    G8 old G3 G8 new VP Sitting 01 annotated.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 587K
    G8 old G3 G8 new Simply Everyday Female Base 02 annotated.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 350K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited June 2017
    barbult said:

David's converter worked great for 99% of the posed I tried it on, but I had a problem with a few poses. I noticed that the leg side-to-side adjustment should not always be +-6. It needs to vary as the bend changes. There is also a twist that happens. So, I tried to take those factors into account. This is a work in progress, and it isn't perfect, either, but it helps on those poses I had trouble with. It should work about the same as David's converter for "normal" poses. So, this gives you another free G3 to G8 pose converter option.

Yes, I had noticed a rigging change meant that there's more than just the +-6 on the legs that corrects for the different zero pose.

Sadly you've provided an encrypted script (something I understand in paid for products, but not freebies). I use and will be continuing to use an earlier DS (4.8.0.59), and while GF8 works fine in it (note 1), encrypted scripts from later DS versions do not, so I can't try your script.

Note 1

Obviously in 4.8 I can't use the G8F new Iray materials - but can use all my old Iray and 3DL materials, and use the new maps with other material settings. Autofit doesn't work because it doesn't allow for the different G8F zero pose, but there's an easy Transfer Utility workflow for clothes, hair etc that only takes a few clicks and a few seconds more than normal that DOES allow for the different pose (basically, load G8F, load clothes not letting them fit to G8F, pose clothes with the reverse of my pose adjust script (one click on a version of my 'full' script with the + 6 and +45 changed to - and the -6 and -45 changed to plus) to put the clothes in the same A pose as G8F, Edit>Figure>Rigging>Convert Figure to Prop, then Transfer Utility Source G8F to Prop; if the original morphs in the clothes wanted, load another copy of clothes, pose as with the first, transfer utility Source Current Shape the new original clothing to Target the converted clothing with all options off except morphs ... takes much longer to write than do). Re-saving the original G8F as Actor and eyelashes as wearable stops the 'Can't load content in this DS version' error message on loading that actually refers to an encrypted script call, not the actual G8F or eyelashes, that isn't needed anyway.

Post edited by DavidGB on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,848

Sorry. I've never written and shared a script before. I was unaware these issues. Thank you for educating me. I added a note to my post that it will only work in 4.9.3.166 or higher.

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Thanks a lot David!  Now we can use partial poses with ease

• You da' man, David. Thanks.

• Thank You so much for creating this script.

• Awesome job i was getting so frustrated with my lack of gen 8 poses but now very happy thank you !