Art of the Promo

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

Today's entry is Gamine,  a texture set for the Casual Style outfit for G3F.  The outfits has this retro 1940's "Newsies" with the cap and vest, and carrying that theme I thought it inspired that the backdrop for this promo was the NewsStand which looks particularly rich with detail from this angle.  Creativity is in the details. 

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Great lighting with a sense of mystery.  How does anyone resist checking out this product?

Vrroooom!   it was ingenious!

At the risk of getting schooled on my earlier comments re DoF, there's a couple Stonemason promos for the Through the Woods bundle that are just exquisite featuring the Big Cat. 

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Great lighting with a sense of mystery.  How does anyone resist checking out this product?

I completely agree. Truth to be told though, I think the boobs alone would be enough for many to overcome any resistance...

I agree with FB too, there really are stunning promos for that bundle.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

That's okay, FB!  It is hard to argue with jaw droppingly, well done images!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited April 2016
    Post edited by Chohole on

Okay, so this isn't my favorite promo image for Mec4D's new PBS Shaders vol. 2 for Iray.  However, when it's hard to choose from so many good promo images for one product I chose this one simply for sheer beauty of the image.  However, if I could, I would have linked all of the images.  I love how Cath has not only given us beautiful examples of what can be done with her new shader product, but she also shows which shaders she used in the promo pics.  If you go to her commercial thread for the product, she also gives the name of each of the shaders making it easier to track down the shaders.  All of her images are dramatic and well done and all of them show exactly which shader was used in each!  I think she did and excellent job with these promo images!

edited April 2016

The outfit is called Fifth Avenue,   and the low angle camera,  and the tall buildings,  and the yellow cabs,  and tall aspect,   all gell to give the feel of New York City. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

The outfit is called Fifth Avenue,   and the low angle camera,  and the tall buildings,  and the yellow cabs,  and tall aspect,   all gell to give the feel of New York City. 

I want to buy this to wear myself....

Another low angle camera,  this time accompanied with the approaching thunder of the Sci-fi Tank and air wing support hovering above.

A good, dynamic, action shot promo.  

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600

I really like the tank prromo art. That is a tough act to follow!

edited April 2016

I'm liking this lotus inspired main image banner for Mei Lin's launch today,  which provides a strong contrasting visual with what looks like the Japanese Maples.  Very crisp.  The actual pro bundle image has the same character and pose image in the foreground,  but the background is more washed and faded with DoF and as a result,  it does not have the same visual impact. 

meilin.jpg
    1021 x 406 - 133K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,917

I have a strong suspicion that Mei Lin has been photoshopped on the promo scene from japanese maples (see below). Still looks nice though.

Japanese Maples in Vendor, Stonemason,  3D Models by Daz 3D

Linwelly,  looks like a match!  And they merged it with this .png

http://www.daz3d.com/media/shop/sale-promo/04-06/figure_pro.png

Way back when,  I was a video game modder and level designer and  put alot of hours into a game called AvP2,  so it is easy to  appreciate the details and nuanced shadows in DzFire's Damaged Corridor construction set.  Very atmospheric.  And there's a few gieger Alien's in there to boot.  "Let's go hunt some bugs. "

I just love this take on a typical pin-up picture.

Let's go for another typical pinup in the complete other direction. 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2016

This hottie caught my attention as the daily mind blower a few days ago! Great M4 character who looks fantastic in the Lord of Snow outfit and Alex hair. Instant sale! (I love his skin too, wow! He's lit beautifully.) He looks like a young Pierce Brosnan. Mmm mmm good!

PS I love the George pinup!

Post edited by Llynara on

This Mec4D promo for the PBS  shaders pack has a cool vibrancy and intensity.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,917

I really like that transition from the wire to the fully texture shaded in that one.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Couldn't resist Ribbits! He was in the fast grab today. All his promos are hilarious too! (I wonder how he'd look in Lord of the Snow...LOL)

Computer game geek alert, but I just can't resist.

“I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.”

isidorn said:

Computer game geek alert, but I just can't resist.

“I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.”

hahaha!  Lost many an hour playing that game!  too funny,  we actually just picked up the legendary edition of it,  because I had finished it a few year back but now my kids are just getting old enough to get into it.  The game that keeps giving! 

Here sticking to the medieval theme,  the Chateau Blanche by Larson looks pretty sweet with all the promos available. Thousands of possible angles on this,  it looks really nice potential for some storytelling possibilities. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Here sticking to the medieval theme,  the Chateau Blanche by Larson looks pretty sweet with all the promos available. Thousands of possible angles on this,  it looks really nice potential for some storytelling possibilities. 

You could do months and months of different stuff with this one.  Its amazing

This "Ciao Bella" image for Diane's new Italian Scooter is appealing with the retro 60's vibe,  though would have liked not-so-quite high heels,   the  polka dots dress is a smart vintage touch. The bike's nice too!

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Some nice Promos for a SFW Pose Set on the big NSFW Content Site that should not be named...

Lascivious

Lascivious

Today we have an example of one of those classic "functional" promos for those of us that like to dabble in a little bit of kitbashing,  and every 3D artist should be doing a little bit of kitbashing as part of their artistic endevours, helps make things look more cutomized and unique and extends the usefulness of an existing runtie.  DzFire's second Greeble set has a really nice before and after shot of the blackhawk helicopter sup'd up with some widgets and thrusters.  All of a sudden simple old model becomes a scifi modern day powerhouse of possibilities.

I love that promo!  I haven't really gotten into kitbashing yet, just a mild throw things together type of thing so far.  I never really know what to do with bare parts like the Greebles sets.  I do have them wishlisted, but never got the first one.  I'd probably be more inclined if someone had a step by step kitbashing thread to give those of us who are kitbashing challenged a few ideas as to what we could actually do with them.  Promos like this one certainly do help to make me throw yet another Greebles kit in the wishlist.