Art of the Promo

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2016

Stumbled across this one. Don't know how I missed it before, but this vendor's entire store has these old comic book style promos that are hilarious!

http://www.daz3d.com/big-daddy-dracula-by-vampiros-hermosos

Post edited by Llynara on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited May 2016

Wisdom approaches in the form of Luthbel's Wise Sensei ,  package of rugged, theme appropriate artistry.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

Wisdom approaches in the form of Luthbellina's Wise Sensei ,  package of rugged, theme appropriate artistry.

Store page says Luthbel, not Luthbellina

Store page says Luthbel, not Luthbellina

Ah, my tired old eyes,  good thing they're related or I'd be in real trouble.  I shall make the correction.  Thanks for the heads up!.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I thought the promo pictures for LY Hanny were pretty amazing: http://www.daz3d.com/ly-hanny

Definitely on my wishlist!

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612

holy cow!!!  I've always wanted to be included in this thread! thank you so much!!!!

• AeonmoonAeonmoon Posts: 53
    edited May 2016
    Mattymanx said:

Agreed, all the promo images of Aibell were outstanding.

The dreamy expression remind me of the paintings of William Waterhouse.

This promo was also inspiring:

Post edited by Chohole on

Ron's Underwater Air for the colors, crativity,  and possibilities

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I do have to say that Deviney is a master at Promo images! I don't think I've ever seen one that hasn't made me stop dead to explore it more! He really outdid himself with the current Promo images for his Underwater Air brushes, though.

So, I finally had a chance to take a look at AM's new Indian Elephant Promos and this one by Shozai made me just stop clicking to stare.  The black and white is so effective and I swear it was like looking at an image of real elephant!  And, while I realize FB's take on DOF and he has a point, I think Shozai used it very effectively!  The elephant looks great and I can't wait to play with him myself!

Good call KnittingMommy,   I also appreciate the B+W photo feel,   and no problem with the depth of field on the elephant  cause the product itself is in perfect focus,  the landscape is just window dressing framing the subject. 

I think this Predatron promo for the Fishing Junk Boat is really spectacular was well.  The color tone,  the sunset and the depp waters all gell in thematic harmony.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

Good call KnittingMommy,   I also appreciate the B+W photo feel,   and no problem with the depth of field on the elephant  cause the product itself is in perfect focus,  the landscape is just window dressing framing the subject. 

I think this Predatron promo for the Fishing Junk Boat is really spectacular was well.  The color tone,  the sunset and the depp waters all gell in thematic harmony.

I got this today. I'm hoping there will be a matching Japanese fishing village to go with it :)

I do have to say that I saw this image in the gallery before I had seen any of the promo images for the boat.  It deserved an immediate like and comment!  When I finally saw it as part of the promo pictures, I think it was the best image of the bunch!  @Ivy, yes, a fishing village to go with it would be very cool!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

I do have to say that I saw this image in the gallery before I had seen any of the promo images for the boat.  It deserved an immediate like and comment!  When I finally saw it as part of the promo pictures, I think it was the best image of the bunch!  @Ivy, yes, a fishing village to go with it would be very cool!

I have a Karate girl animtion  about 1/3 done I had to put on hold  because i lack a Japanese fishing village. I've been requsting one for months. so I'm hoping that the Jpanese Junk boat will be just the begining to a Fishing village set.

Hey It does not cost any more to Dream Big does it?  :) ..lol

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I do have to say that Deviney is a master at Promo images! I don't think I've ever seen one that hasn't made me stop dead to explore it more! He really outdid himself with the current Promo images for his Underwater Air brushes, though.

So true!

edited May 2016

Faveral's new Lagoon Living resort throws a bit of scifi in with a modern  travelogue and creates some great promo images in the process.  Day and night promos included. 

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

I'm not really into horror but this is an impressive promo image for @Marshian's new Above the Clouds for Iray: Nimbostratus prop.

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,462

Thanks Kismet2012! I'm very happy with this promo, as creepy as it is. Once I found the right combination of surface settings (during production/testing) the clouds were my playground. The skeleton is scaled at 125799.91%

Aeon Soul new warrior's outfit Ailisly for G3F has a bunch of fun promos but this one of the Gianni getting his beer handed to him is particularly dynamic,  while showing the uv mapping flexibility of the outfit at an extreme pose.  Smart double duty promo creation. 

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

I have always admired Aeon Soul's unique posing in their promos going all the way back to their early days.

Alessandro's new Mammoth is awe inspiring.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

or in the case of the baby, awww inspiring.

Really like the extreme sunlight highlighting the Tuscany canals on this BellaDonna poses promo for Muscleman's pose set.  BellaDonna literally means “beautiful lady” in Italian which is apropos given the setting of the aged stone and climbing vines, and all work to generate a bit of artistic flare. 

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Yeah that promo caught my attention too. Shame the lilly pads weren't smoothed out with Sub-D

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I don't do toon renders so I have no interest in such stuff, but this promo for Thursdays Child for Cookie in today's Cookie and Chip Mega Sale still made it tempting.

• joelegeckojoelegecko Posts: 64

Aeon Soul new warrior's outfit Ailisly for G3F has a bunch of fun promos but this one of the Gianni getting his beer handed to him is particularly dynamic,  while showing the uv mapping flexibility of the outfit at an extreme pose.  Smart double duty promo creation.

Aeon Soul's skills are like Stonemason's... a notch above the very best. And it shows in the artwork as well.

The Philosopher's new Epic Volumetric Lights has a few nice promos today,  including this elegant lady standing by a door looking out of a window at the world passing by.  Sweet. 

• I wanted to post that one... :(  Love watching this thread, btw.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

I was just about to post that one too.  Its an awsome shot, my favorite one in the set

edited June 2016

The new Courage Under Fire Poses by Devon have some great "in the action" promos today showing the soldiering poses in an active battle.  Standard poses usually just have the base model against a flat background,  cause they render quickly and show the poses but having this level of detail is quite impressive to see for a change.