Art of the Promo

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

I agree- something right ouf of a home magazine with those.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391

Thanks, FirstBastion (and DarwinsMishap).  This was a joy to work on, and I really hope people can get some great renders out of it

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

I agree- something right ouf of a home magazine with those.

Architectural Digest is an interior design/construction magazine.  I'm going to quote my previous post because the pics are so good they deserve at least a few days at the top of the page. 

Today we have a set of exquisite,  realistic promos straight out of the pages of Architectural Digest  with the Woodman House Bathroom.  The details of the additional props plus the day and night render options are simply stunning.  Well done Slosh!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

That it does- I really need to wake the heck up before posting. lol

It all worked out,  I needed something to quote to get Slosh's pics at the top of the page,  otherwise I might get accused to bumping.  It's all good! 

Some nice iray lighting and details with the new Fusion Engine room by studio360.  The low angle shot looking up give a good sense of the size and scope of the place.  

edited June 2017

In the consistency of theme category,  AlessandroAM new Creey Forest promos deliver on the ominous scare factor. What a great looking scary place for your heroes to pass through.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,916

Promos these days are really awasome, the very most of them, and they do their job, I want that stuff...

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited June 2017
    Linwelly said:

Promos these days are really awasome, the very most of them, and they do their job, I want that stuff...

Me too.  Like this lovely little item on offer from @Marshian today. 

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417

I'd say that most promo renders these days would be award-winning art back when I started. And not because of advanced rendering tech, but because of composition, color palettes, and in general better artistry than we were seeing back in 2001 - 2003 or so.

I'm so hyped! My very first Promo render and its chosen for this thread already, thanks a lot!

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,462
    I know! very good--The red japanese maple. Thanks so much for your contribution. I'm so glad to be back here too, it's been a while.
    Linwelly said:

I'm so hyped! My very first Promo render and its chosen for this thread already, thanks a lot!

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Are the cameras and lights that load with the full scenes in the woodman house found anywhere else to load separately or is that the only way to get them loaded?  I love the product and am actually doing the render I had in mind that really made me want to purchase so it's currently rendering so can't wait to see how it turns out, but had to use one of the preloaded scenes for the lighting.  Great work though it looks amazing.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I wanted to say how much I loved all of the promos for the Bone Doctor by Riversoft Art.  They were an excellent way of showing what the script does and what it is capable of doing.  It looks like a great script and the promos really helped to sell it.  While all of the promos were great, I'm posting my two favorites:

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,506
    edited June 2017

I wanted to say how much I loved all of the promos for the Bone Doctor by Riversoft Art.  They were an excellent way of showing what the script does and what it is capable of doing.  It looks like a great script and the promos really helped to sell it.  While all of the promos were great, I'm posting my two favorites:

Thank you very, very much!  I really appreciate that.  It is awesome to make the Art of the Promo thread. They were some of the promos that I had the most fun doing, though I always find creating promos for scripts challenging.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Giving some attention to the description for Hercules HD Loves Victoria 8 Poses by SimonWM, which gave me a good laugh.

Just because you are from a previous generation doesn't mean you cannot try to impress the new girl. Especially when your name is Hercules and there are statues and temples raised in your name. And we all know how much Victoria likes temples

laugh

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    isidorn said:

Giving some attention to the description for Hercules HD Loves Victoria 8 Poses by SimonWM, which gave me a good laugh.

Just because you are from a previous generation doesn't mean you cannot try to impress the new girl. Especially when your name is Hercules and there are statues and temples raised in your name. And we all know how much Victoria likes temples

laugh

laughlaughlaugh Hehehehehe! You're right. It's very funny.

The forgotten woodman house :)

IMG_6954.JPG
    1300 x 1000 - 256K
    edited June 2017

Before and after :)

IMG_6957.JPG
    2600 x 1000 - 593K
    Post edited by Dkgoose on

Draw!

Stonemason's Old West

Realistic clutter  Maclean's Everyday Books

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Realistic clutter  Maclean's Everyday Books

Thanks! And I have to say, pretty easy to do, thanks to the number of morphs I added to the books.

edited June 2017

Sometmes the front page banners have cool promos too.  The "guys running from the beasts" pic is epic. 

betterthanaverage.jpg
    1772 x 406 - 287K
  • Definitely NOT my idea of a fun weekend!

Brilliantly colourful art promo for Corvus Ensemble by arki and Shox.  The promo is done by shibashake

edited June 2017

Today suggestion in the " Evolution of the Art of the Promo "  with Mec4D Abandoned Industrial HDRI,  and perhaps the first use of a 360 degree player on the product page giving an opportunity to use your mouse to look around the entire scene. An excellent promotional tool  that may well become a standard.  It allows you to have a good look around. 

360player-mec4d.jpg
    1240 x 742 - 160K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

Today suggestion in the " Evolution of the Art of the Promo "  with Mec4D Abandoned Industrial HDRI,  and perhaps the first use of a 360 degree player on the product page giving an opportunity to use your mouse to look around the entire scene. An excellent promotional tool  that may well become a standard.  It allows you to have a good look around. 

Yeah, I found that quite impressive, too! Definitely an awesome addition to promotional materal. Being able to see the entire 360 HDRI is a huge feature.

Characters and story possibilities mesh in the new Morpheus promos today. 

You can never go wrong with a tiger and some godrays illuminating particulate matter. 

yes that just had to be here, but then you could have chosen just about every angle and view from those promos...