Art of the Promo

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited March 2017

The New York Essence outfit is nice,  sophisticated, professional,  and will make an excellent addtion to any wardrobe collection,  but the complex interactions going on int he backgraound is what drew me into the picture here.  Vibrant city life,  would like to see more of that happening.  The old lived in city look.  Takes a bit of effort to put that togeher.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited March 2017

"The dame was just a silhuette against the door, but my life was about to change forever"  Classic Noir Private Eye by Slosh.  Great stuff. Love the details. "Top of the world ma,  top of the world!"

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

The new wings look amazing! 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,917

I agree the render is good... the posing though, I still wonder how that works with the twist from the feet to the upper body. Makes me feel pain in my spine.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

I remember being in debates in CG society as to the legitimacy of our very own hobbyists as artists, but many of the professional modelers would squawk on about their supremacy, and I would always argue that the PAs and other content creators are literal professional artists as they are at the heart of an artist's profession!

And I cannot count how many times that one of these masterpieces have inspired a purchase, so yeah, the Daz/poser community is indeed made up of professional artists.

E-Arkham's new Z-Sewer environment  has a interesting main promo today,  that zombie about to face plant into the water says it all.  Having played more than a few zombie apocalypse video games,  this hits the right ambiance and sense of threat.  

Just when you think you've survived the horror,  and take a quiet moment of respite,  the elevator dings.  Great cinematic type render for Tolero's Ulitmate Blood and Dirt

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733

E-Arkham's new Z-Sewer environment  has a interesting main promo today,  that zombie about to face plant into the water says it all.  Having played more than a few zombie apocalypse video games,  this hits the right ambiance and sense of threat.  

Thanks!  My promos in the past have always been a little lacking, so I've made an effort to start making them more dynamic and interesting from now on.   I'm really tickled that it was appreciated.  :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    E-Arkham said:

Thanks!  My promos in the past have always been a little lacking, so I've made an effort to start making them more dynamic and interesting from now on.   I'm really tickled that it was appreciated.  :)

I loved this one, the zombie face plant is priceless. 

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

I might be a bit biased in my opinion but thats ok.  I really like this promo from Urban Future 5

https://www.daz3d.com/urban-future-5

• FaxMisherFaxMisher Posts: 102

Love the thread. It's always nice to stop and smell the roses! I'm amazed at the amount of product that gets put out on this site, and I'm glad to see extra attention given to some of the standouts. Can anyone post promo shots they llike here?

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    FaxMisher said:

Love the thread. It's always nice to stop and smell the roses! I'm amazed at the amount of product that gets put out on this site, and I'm glad to see extra attention given to some of the standouts. Can anyone post promo shots they llike here?

Yes. And not just promo, if you like an item's promo TEXT you can post it here.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Photoshop/Gimp are beyond my skills but it's still hard to not love Deviney's/Ron's brushes.

This three in one promo for his latest, Ron's Glitter is pretty darn awesome.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

All of the promo's for Ron's Glitter are outstanding. He's known for having good ones, but this product and the Fireflies really knock it out of the park. Once I picked my jaw up off the floor at these, my love for all things bling kicked in hard and I buy the shiny things. Must have the precious! 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    isidorn said:

Photoshop/Gimp are beyond my skills but it's still hard to not love Deviney's/Ron's brushes.

This three in one promo for his latest, Ron's Glitter is pretty darn awesome.

I love this one, too.  My favorite though is the middle one that Llynara added in the post just after.  That just blew my mind with how good it is.  Well beyond my skills, too.  Hopefully, someday, maybe.  :)

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208

I hope Ron posts some videos/tutorials on how he did some of the promos... They are awesome!!!!!!!

edited March 2017

They are pretty mind blowing! What a wonderful way to showcase such great products. All of Ron's stuff is pretty much instabuy for me any more. I love seeing what he comes up with next. 

There are some good promo pics today for the scifi sale. Here's an older one I really like. The lines of the clothing, hair and camera angle all work together to create a really playful attitude and action for Jump Gear by Xena. The pose is great too. Brought a smile to my face.

Hiro certainly has some awesome clothes and hairstyles!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,917
    Llynara said:

They are pretty mind blowing! What a wonderful way to showcase such great products. All of Ron's stuff is pretty much instabuy for me any more. I love seeing what he comes up with next. 

There are some good promo pics today for the scifi sale. Here's an older one I really like. The lines of the clothing, hair and camera angle all work together to create a really playful attitude and action for Jump Gear by Xena. The pose is great too. Brought a smile to my face.

Hiro certainly has some awesome clothes and hairstyles!

Haha, the snark is strong in this one... how old is that even? Nicely done.

That's an outfit for Hiro 4, so I'm guessing it has to be at least 10 years old?

A pensive moment amidst the darkness  and the animated particles catching the wedge of light cutting through the stainedglass to encapsulate the young woman.  A story told in a single image by the Philosopher.   Well done. 

• But I wanted to post that one!  One of my all-time favorites as far as promo images go.

The hair, the pose,  the bubbles and the sub water surface refraction.  Sometimes an image just comes together and triggers a positive response.  In this case Sickleyield's animated water does just that.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631

Hey, I'm glad you liked that one. :)  I was a bit amazed to discover how well Iray can handle under-surface refraction myself (3delight was noticeably deficient in that area for mostly normals-related reasons).  It's a beautiful engine.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

When I saw that promo image for the water, over at DA, I knew it would be an insta-buy for me. Reality have me waiting for money that comes tomorrow, but it's safely in my cart until then.

Today this image made me laugh when I looked through the promos for Kayleyss' new character Trish.

Never underestimate the power of cute fluffy little things! Have to love the Pweek heart

This one, featuring both of Kayleyss' new characters is also great. The Witcher character (I forgot his DAZ name) and his lady friend hiding behind the knocked over throne. laugh

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    isidorn said:

When I saw that promo image for the water, over at DA, I knew it would be an insta-buy for me. Reality have me waiting for money that comes tomorrow, but it's safely in my cart until then.

Today this image made me laugh when I looked through the promos for Kayleyss' new character Trish.

Never underestimate the power of cute fluffy little things! Have to love the Pweek heart

This one, featuring both of Kayleyss' new characters is also great. The Witcher character (I forgot his DAZ name) and his lady friend hiding behind the knocked over throne. laugh

hahah I came here to post this one! :D I looked at the promo image 3 times before I realized that there where two characters hiding behind the chair. lol Love it! Epic show down about to commence! :)

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited March 2017

That is a great one- both of them, but I really like the story in Trish's promo.

This is my favorite so far of the releases for so many reasons.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That is a great one- both of them, but I really like the story in Trish's promo.

One of mine too.  Its very much how I pictured real little grey men to look like. Not so little and not so cute.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

One of mine too.  Its very much how I pictured real little grey men to look like. Not so little and not so cute.

add me to this one too, this one is the best but I love all promo pieces for this one, the character has such an awesome face

• nefersetneferset Posts: 9

I'm kinda like this one. There's something so playful about it.

Nef

Bink

• nefersetneferset Posts: 9
    Linwelly said:

I agree the render is good... the posing though, I still wonder how that works with the twist from the feet to the upper body. Makes me feel pain in my spine.

Angels rarely land and don't have back problems?