mcjFridge,mcjFridgeB, mcjFridgeC : Hyperinfinitely nice 1950's Vintage Fridge Props

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
edited July 2018 in Freebies

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjfridge

UPDATE ! New Version-Prop - Update ! Update

i also fixed some materials issues in the first version

both props are in the same zip since they share elements

delaydone.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 259K
makingof2.jpg
960 x 1350 - 244K
makingof3.jpg
960 x 1920 - 305K
makingof1.jpg
960 x 1200 - 209K
delay.jpg
960 x 960 - 619K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

This looks great. Your promos are always fun, the models look to be enjoying themselves immensely. A question: the promos show two different fridges, one has a bigger base with a clock, the other has no clock but a lower base / longer door.  Are both versions part of this or just one of them?  The one without the clock is very similar to one my wife's family had for years in their garage and that gave me an idea for something but not sure if its in this or not.

Thanks, your stuff is always great!

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited July 2018

the  white fridge was the early phase of  the making-of

it's often more work than meets the eye to bring a prop to a finished product

but i may make a version like that, but based on the one i released, by stretching it then re-uv-mapping it

here's what i get using the released fridge using mckAddStretchMorph script https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjaddstretchmorph

i'll include it in the same package/zip file because it will share some of the geometry

This looks great. Your promos are always fun, the models look to be enjoying themselves immensely. A question: the promos show two different fridges, one has a bigger base with a clock, the other has no clock but a lower base / longer door.  Are both versions part of this or just one of them?  The one without the clock is very similar to one my wife's family had for years in their garage and that gave me an idea for something but not sure if its in this or not.

Thanks, your stuff is always great!

delaydoneu.jpg
    874 x 874 - 172K
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,520

Very nice, thank you!

edited July 2018

Oh My Yoda, Tamoka is back in town and showing the Fridge prop version B which will be added to the one i posted yesterday https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjfridge

also note that the first version will have minor fixes so you'll want to re-download it - the zip file will contain both versions since they share some geometry

tammiefridge.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 164K
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163

Amazing! Thank you so much smiley

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

thank you!

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109

Another excellent period model - many thanks!

When I was a kid, a long time ago in a previous millenium, I new folks that had fridges a lot like that.

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635

Absolutely fabulous! Thank you :)

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 375

Wow! Really out did yourself with this one.

edited July 2018

UPDATE ! New Version-Prop - Update ! Update

i also fixed some materials issues in the first version

both props are in the same zip since they share elements

mcjFridgeBIsOnline.jpg
    1160 x 1160 - 208K
  • Charles WestCharles West Posts: 123

Thanks for the freebie. As usual your view of the world reminds me of older days. My grandparent's had a 'natural gas' refridge similar to one of your first renders. I can't wait to see how people use it in their renders. 

edited July 2018

in a few minutes ( unless there's a power outage ) i'll post version C which has a bottom closer to the 2005 version that was shown previously

Thanks for the freebie. As usual your view of the world reminds me of older days. My grandparent's had a 'natural gas' refridge similar to one of your first renders. I can't wait to see how people use it in their renders. 

voidz.jpg
    960 x 768 - 360K

Thanks mCasual for adding the variant with the longer door!  

versions A B C are now on-site !

see below ... i cleavaged your summer dress :)

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjfridge ;

Thanks mCasual for adding the variant with the longer door!  

edited July 2018
    mcjFridgeCPromo2.jpg
    1020 x 1620 - 273K
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,144

I tried to download the fridge but can not find the download button, what am I missing.

This fridge is SO COOL, I think it is just fab.

Pet

its in the attachments section at the bottom of the page, you have to click on the down-arrow which is on the right edge of that section
    Pet said:

I tried to download the fridge but can not find the download button, what am I missing.

This fridge is SO COOL, I think it is just fab.

Pet

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

wow this fridge is excellent! so much details, really in style, and i love the different colors. thanks a lot! :D

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Ah, but can Indiana Jones fit inside to save himself from an atomic bomb test? wink

Sincerely,

Bill

edited July 2018

as long as he's not wearing high heels it should fit 

Redfern said:

Ah, but can Indiana Jones fit inside to save himself from an atomic bomb test? wink

Sincerely,

Bill

yo.jpg
    683 x 1024 - 426K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Maybe, but when you Nuke The Fridge, it's usually a sign the movie franchise is going down hill.  oO

mCasual said:

Is there a fridge in that pic?  Somehow I didn't notice one.  smiley

Just curious...

What prompted you to release these models as Poser .PP2 type "props" rather than D*Z format?

Don't get me wrong.  I am VERY grateful you did as I can actually use them, but nearly everything else you've shared has been for the newer render suite.

Sincerely,

Bill

because it's compatible with Daz Studio including versions 1,2,3 Poser and i think carrara, plus i wrote different tools that reprocess obj and pp2 files which i find less confusing compared to duf/xml
    Redfern said:

Just curious...

What prompted you to release these models as Poser .PP2 type "props" rather than D*Z format?

Don't get me wrong.  I am VERY grateful you did as I can actually use them, but nearly everything else you've shared has been for the newer render suite.

Sincerely,

Bill

FB_IMG_1533124132499.jpg
    720 x 405 - 47K
  • eblankeblank Posts: 88

Thank you! Inspired me to make a "It's so hot outside"-render.

fridge.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 270K
    edited August 2018
    according to quick tests it can provide nuclear blast protection for an adult

The nuclear blast protection feature is really handy, especially if you plan ahead and chill a six pack in there prior to the explosions. Then you just relax, have a nice cold drink, and wait for the giant mutant rad-scorpions to pass by.

The nuclear blast protection feature is really handy, especially if you plan ahead and chill a six pack in there prior to the explosions. Then you just relax, have a nice cold drink, and wait for the giant mutant rad-scorpions to pass by.

"Damnation Alley" reference?

Sincerely,

Bill

Actually, I had to look up "Damnation Alley", never saw it.  I see what you mean but I was actually referring to the Fallout game series, which itself may have stolen their rad-scorpions from that film.

By the way, in fallout they have "gouls" which are people mutated to be schriveled up prune faces but also are made immune to aging so they live for centuries. Some go insane and are basically zombies, others retain their intellect and personalities. In the most recent installment there is a side mission called "Kid in a fridge" that's about a kid that hid inside a fridge when the bombs started to fall, turned into a ghoul and has been stuck in that fridge for 200 years when you free him.  The fridge is in the same style as the one here, as the Fallout series is set in a universe where the transistor was never invented and the world of 100 years into the future when the bombs fell has a sort of 40's / 50s vibe to it. So full circle back on topic!  smiley

edited August 2018

See see? How robust them fridges are?

Redfern said:

"Damnation Alley" reference?

Sincerely,

Bill

ohdamn.jpg
    712 x 1000 - 163K