mcjFridge,mcjFridgeB, mcjFridgeC : Hyperinfinitely nice 1950's Vintage Fridge Props

2»

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Nicely integrated!  The color scheme blends pretty darn well with the original poster

Sincerely,

Bill

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    the environment (renderer panel) lighting image was a jpeg top half red, bottom half black, then a yellow direct light shooting straight down with an intensity maybe 111111, then in the studio's environmrnt/backdrop, the poster. i never got around to understanding how those 2 environments interact.
    Redfern said:

Nicely integrated!  The color scheme blends pretty darn well with the original poster

Sincerely,

Bill

FB_IMG_1532211606024.jpg
    600 x 800 - 43K
  • Actually, I had to look up "Damnation Alley", never saw it.  I see what you mean but I was actually referring to the Fallout game series, which itself may have stolen their rad-scorpions from that film.

By the way, in fallout they have "gouls" which are people mutated to be schriveled up prune faces but also are made immune to aging so they live for centuries. Some go insane and are basically zombies, others retain their intellect and personalities. In the most recent installment there is a side mission called "Kid in a fridge" that's about a kid that hid inside a fridge when the bombs started to fall, turned into a ghoul and has been stuck in that fridge for 200 years when you free him.  The fridge is in the same style as the one here, as the Fallout series is set in a universe where the transistor was never invented and the world of 100 years into the future when the bombs fell has a sort of 40's / 50s vibe to it. So full circle back on topic!  smiley

Interesting, so how old was the kid when he got stuck in the fridge, and did he retain his mental faculties after getting ghoullllificated?  And what is the goal of the "Kid in a fridge" side mission?  (I've never played Fallout, though I do like the design style. :D)

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

Actually, I had to look up "Damnation Alley", never saw it.  I see what you mean but I was actually referring to the Fallout game series, which itself may have stolen their rad-scorpions from that film.

By the way, in fallout they have "gouls" which are people mutated to be schriveled up prune faces but also are made immune to aging so they live for centuries. Some go insane and are basically zombies, others retain their intellect and personalities. In the most recent installment there is a side mission called "Kid in a fridge" that's about a kid that hid inside a fridge when the bombs started to fall, turned into a ghoul and has been stuck in that fridge for 200 years when you free him.  The fridge is in the same style as the one here, as the Fallout series is set in a universe where the transistor was never invented and the world of 100 years into the future when the bombs fell has a sort of 40's / 50s vibe to it. So full circle back on topic!  smiley

Interesting, so how old was the kid when he got stuck in the fridge, and did he retain his mental faculties after getting ghoullllificated?  And what is the goal of the "Kid in a fridge" side mission?  (I've never played Fallout, though I do like the design style. :D)

The "Kid in the Fridge" mission in Fallout 4 has the kid around 8-12 years old.  He retained his mind (didn't go 'feral' as it is known in the Fallout universe) and he just wants the Sole Survivor (the moniker of the player in Fallout 4) to take him home.  Turns out his parents went ghoul too, and are overjoyed to have their son back.  Of course, there's a nasty bandit who wants to 'buy' the kid from you for slave labor.  If you refuse, you'll have a fight on your hands.

I highly recommend the Fallout 3/NewVegas/4 series.  They're all good.  A few mods (to fix a few issues and make things look better) and they're excellent.  And loads of replay value (especially with some of the more 'interesting' mods available.)