GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Has anybody seen either an individual vertebrae segment (from any kind of creature), or a shape similar to this only much more rounded instead of sharp-edged? (screenshot shows a Bryce boolean, so I can't just export it and smooth it and use it.) Poser/DS or Bryce format, untextured is fine.

I thought of Spacebones' stuff right away, but unless I'm just missing it, I don't see that particular shape in his various collections of shapes.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-max-mode-vertebra-backbone/752336
    (has an obj file too)

thanks!

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

Does anyone have claw-extension morphs for the Mil-BigCat2?

• edited December 1969

I'm looking for two items which I've found at least partly but not exactly what I need.

Item #1 is a rigged Yoda, everything I've found so far is either a .obj that's not rigged or just won't import right

Item #2 is a posable or rigged motorcycle (specifically a HD or other V-Twin)

Anyone that can point me in a direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited May 2014

I'm not up on the differences between motorcycle engines, so I'm not sure whether one is listed, but have you checked my freebie autos list yet?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/623/

Post edited by robkelk on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I'm looking for two items which I've found at least partly but not exactly what I need.

Item #1 is a rigged Yoda, everything I've found so far is either a .obj that's not rigged or just won't import right

Thanks.

And the free Yoda .obj is where?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

Thanks.

And the free Yoda .obj is where? I've found a couple over on ShareCG.

the first one is a Blender figure, The second one appears to be a morph and texture set for M4

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thanks.

I've found a couple over on ShareCG.

the first one is a Blender figure, The second one appears to be a morph and texture set for M4

Thanks.
    Okay ... no .obj is rigged as far as D/S is concerned. I'm not familiar with using Blender save that I use it to open the Blender file, export out an .obj. Then in Hexagon import in the .obj and resize, edit out the text, make the coat visible, reposition ... looks pretty good. One would have to "group" the parts for legacy rigging in D/S exporting out the .cr2 file ... or keep it as one mesh if wanting to try the triax rigging which would save out as a .duf file. Remove the clothes first though. Those would be made as separate items. The hair is lost though. Blender hair is program specific.

The only usable Yoda TYPE figure I'm aware of is one in the store.

• mjordy59mjordy59 Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Thanks.

There's a rigged,OBJ,and FBX Yoda here:
    http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/sc4-yoda-66996.html

Good Luck

• edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    I'm not up on the differences between motorcycle engines, so I'm not sure whether one is listed, but have you checked my freebie autos list yet?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/623/

I checked out the list and also found another that I think may work.

Thanks!

• edited December 1969

Thanks.

I've found a couple over on ShareCG.

I totally missed the M4 morph when I checked sharecg, good catch! I'll give that one a shot and see if it works for what I need.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Anyone know of any blacksmith poses? Preferably Genesis, but I can adapt from another figure. In particular,, hammering a sword blade.

edited December 1969

Anyone know of any blacksmith poses? Preferably Genesis, but I can adapt from another figure. In particular,, hammering a sword blade.

Greylight had some P3/P4 poses, NCU, and I think there was at least one other on Rendo or ShareCG. Let me check.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Greylight had some P3/P4 poses, NCU, and I think there was at least one other on Rendo or ShareCG. Let me check.

Greylight
    http://web.archive.org/web/20090219230402/http://greylight.com/poserposes.html

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Eustace and Kerya

edited December 1969

You're welcome. Unfortunately I was only able to find the Greylight poses in my Runtime, so my brain might have brewed the others from somewhere else. Sorry.

• edited December 1969

Both the Pile of Clothes and Dropped Clothes are very cools sets. What would be even cooler is if there was a set that could actually turn other clothes (sets normally worn by a given figure —such as Genesis or V4) into "dropped clothes" with all of the folds and wrinkles included. While flattening the garments, and posing the joints works in a pinch, it doesn't have the same look as actual "dropped clothes" and doesn't provide all the right folds. This is something that would be very usefull for characters who have "signature outfits" or in sequential art where a couple have been start out wearing a particular set of outfits, and are later shown undressed with those same garments discarded on the floor.

Can you try to "flatten clothes" and rotate on x axis ??? i have not tried it yet in daz, but I think I have done something similar inposer, where i saved the clothes as a .obj, re-imported and manipulated it.... its been a long while since, but it is an idea.... Good luck =)

edited June 2014

Both the Pile of Clothes and Dropped Clothes are very cools sets. What would be even cooler is if there was a set that could actually turn other clothes (sets normally worn by a given figure —such as Genesis or V4) into "dropped clothes" with all of the folds and wrinkles included. While flattening the garments, and posing the joints works in a pinch, it doesn't have the same look as actual "dropped clothes" and doesn't provide all the right folds. This is something that would be very usefull for characters who have "signature outfits" or in sequential art where a couple have been start out wearing a particular set of outfits, and are later shown undressed with those same garments discarded on the floor.

Can you try to "flatten clothes" and rotate on x axis ??? i have not tried it yet in daz, but I think I have done something similar inposer, where i saved the clothes as a .obj, re-imported and manipulated it.... its been a long while since, but it is an idea.... Good luck =)Yes, I flatten and pose clothes currently, but it can only do so much. Posing the clothes using their "bones" doesn't really produce realistically "crumpled" discarded clothing. Also, some clothing figures don't really lend themselves to it because of the design of the particular article. A "Tied Top", for instance is always tied, and thus doesn't lend itself to being used as "discarded" clothes because you can't untie it and spread it out.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Can you try to "flatten clothes" and rotate on x axis ??? i have not tried it yet in daz, but I think I have done something similar inposer, where i saved the clothes as a .obj, re-imported and manipulated it.... its been a long while since, but it is an idea.... Good luck =)

Yes, I flatten and pose clothes currently, but it can only do so much. Posing the clothes using their "bones" doesn't really produce realistically "crumpled" discarded clothing. Also, some clothing figures don't really lend themselves to it because of the design of the particular article. A [url=http://www.sharecg.com/v/53533/browse/11/Poser/Tied-Top-for-V4"Tied Top", for instance is always tied, and thus doesn't lend itself to being used as "discarded" clothes because you can't untie it and spread it out.
    Have you tried dynamic clothing and just letting it fall to the floor without pinning it to a figure?
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Yes, I flatten and pose clothes currently, but it can only do so much. Posing the clothes using their "bones" doesn't really produce realistically "crumpled" discarded clothing. Also, some clothing figures don't really lend themselves to it because of the design of the particular article. A [url=http://www.sharecg.com/v/53533/browse/11/Poser/Tied-Top-for-V4"Tied Top", for instance is always tied, and thus doesn't lend itself to being used as "discarded" clothes because you can't untie it and spread it out.

I've been experimenting with this in Blender using the cloth simulations and collision and getting varied (but usable) results.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

Have you tried dynamic clothing and just letting it fall to the floor without pinning it to a figure?I don't use Poser, I use DAZ Studio. The outfits my characters wear are all conforming clothes, and the only "Dynamic" clothes for DAZ are made by Optitrex, and doesn't work very well. So no Dynamic clothes are not an option.
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2014

Vaskania said:

Have you tried dynamic clothing and just letting it fall to the floor without pinning it to a figure?I don't use Poser, I use DAZ Studio. The outfits my characters wear are all conforming clothes, and the only "Dynamic" clothes for DAZ are made by Optitrex, and doesn't work very well. So no Dynamic clothes are not an option.
    Ah ok. Last time I tried dynamics in DS was a few years ago before I knew the main plugin was separate. Would be much easier if the plugin allowed for your own OBJs, but that's another conversation.

I can only echo what Strat said then. If you can handle blender, give it a shot. Once crumpled to the ground, back in DS, it should accept the same textures making your conforming clothes look like it's been thrown to the ground. You could also import the OBJ back as a morph for the clothing itself.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Vaskania said:

Yes, I flatten and pose clothes currently, but it can only do so much. Posing the clothes using their "bones" doesn't really produce realistically "crumpled" discarded clothing. Also, some clothing figures don't really lend themselves to it because of the design of the particular article. A "Tied Top", for instance is always tied, and thus doesn't lend itself to being used as "discarded" clothes because you can't untie it and spread it out.

Ah ok. Last time I tried dynamics in DS was a few years ago before I knew the main plugin was separate. Would be much easier if the plugin allowed for your own OBJs, but that's another conversation.

I can only echo what Strat said then. If you can handle blender, give it a shot. Once crumpled to the ground, back in DS, it should accept the same textures making your conforming clothes look like it's been thrown to the ground. You could also import the OBJ back as a morph for the clothing itself.That's still only an option for some articles, not something like the Tied Top I linked to above, which can't "open".

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Vaskania said:

I can only echo what Strat said then. If you can handle blender, give it a shot. Once crumpled to the ground, back in DS, it should accept the same textures making your conforming clothes look like it's been thrown to the ground. You could also import the OBJ back as a morph for the clothing itself.

as long as you don't actually change the UV in Blender it carries over and back out when you reimport it so you can use the existing mats and duf material poses back to the modified object, but it's a static object unless you make a morph target out of it which I have not attempted yet.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

...has anyone created the dress that the character Merida from the film Brave wore (Genesis1)?

Even a texture for the Genesis1 MFD would be nice.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited June 2014

I am looking for a 1950's black pocket comb such as this one.
    Looked on Turbo, archive3d, rendo and sharecg but no luck. Got any suggestions?

Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • grylingrylin Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

looking for the old inject/remove tools for daz studio ? thanks for any help

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Here
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Here

Sorry Tramp no workie. I noticed that before 2011 Rendo allowed people to link to their sites if they wanted. Your link is such a case. Bummer.

This discussion has been closed.