GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    SteveM17 said:

I used to have a prop which was a large group of spent shells flying through the air, for when characters are firing machine guns. I can no longer find them. Anyone have a clue?

don't know but turns out I can make a shell casing in under a minute.

shazam!

if I could do that with some G3 skimpwear I could print my own money.

In the mean time I'll see if the ejection pattern is not entirely "random"

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 2.28.16 PM.png
    717 x 386 - 84K
    edited August 2015
    SteveM17 said:

I used to have a prop which was a large group of spent shells flying through the air, for when characters are firing machine guns. I can no longer find them. Anyone have a clue?

shazam!

[edit] the hell with that, I'll just Holywood the science!

http://www.sharecg.com/v/81995/view/5/3D-Model/Shell-Casing-and-Shell-Burst

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 2.28.16 PM.png
    717 x 386 - 84K
    Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 2.34.19 PM.png
    716 x 500 - 66K
    Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 2.34.19 PM.png
    716 x 500 - 66K
    Post edited by StratDragon on
  • SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 972
    SteveM17 said:

shazam!

[edit] the hell with that, I'll just Holywood the science!

http://www.sharecg.com/v/81995/view/5/3D-Model/Shell-Casing-and-Shell-Burst

That's exactly what I wanted! Thanks a lot!

• DollyGirl said:
    Fisty said:

Recently I lost my original runtime hard drive, and have been since striving to replace freebies I used. When trying to work on one of my characters from within my new runtime I came across one freebie that is missing. It's a pair of earrings; in my old runtime it showed up under props/C1 along with some pearl jewelry and was called "boucle". Does anyone know where I might be able to find it once more?

I am fairly certain those were a monthly freebie at Rendo, I think from Fabiana you could try messaging her, she's really nice.

She has these at Rendo https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/cristally-earrings/59801 They are very similar to the ones in the picture.

I have and love those, but they aren't quite right for the male character these are on hehe

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    DollyGirl said:
    Fisty said:

Recently I lost my original runtime hard drive, and have been since striving to replace freebies I used. When trying to work on one of my characters from within my new runtime I came across one freebie that is missing. It's a pair of earrings; in my old runtime it showed up under props/C1 along with some pearl jewelry and was called "boucle". Does anyone know where I might be able to find it once more?

I am fairly certain those were a monthly freebie at Rendo, I think from Fabiana you could try messaging her, she's really nice.

She has these at Rendo https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/cristally-earrings/59801 They are very similar to the ones in the picture.

I have and love those, but they aren't quite right for the male character these are on hehe

I am guessing ... C1 may be CakeOne (she has/had props) you could ask her? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/1566/Cake One

• SteveM17 said:

The one I've got is from DonAlbert's old defunct Bbay page:  it should still be in the waybackmachine databases (that's where I downloaded it from).  If I can find the link, I'll post it.

• Here's the one I mentioned above:  scroll down to the "Tommy Gun Shooter M3" set, as it comes included with the poses.  Also has jammed and fallen cartridges.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090314100028/http://cyber-fyber.bbay.com/CF-Pages/CF-Poses.html

There's a new set at SCG, as well:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/81995/browse/5/3D-Model/Shell-Casing-and-Shell-Burst

Unfortunately, neither of these include the tapered-sacing shape of modern military cartridges.

Here's the one I mentioned above:  scroll down to the "Tommy Gun Shooter M3" set, as it comes included with the poses.  Also has jammed and fallen cartridges.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090314100028/http://cyber-fyber.bbay.com/CF-Pages/CF-Poses.html

There's a new set at SCG, as well:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/81995/browse/5/3D-Model/Shell-Casing-and-Shell-Burst

Unfortunately, neither of these include the tapered-sacing shape of modern military cartridges.

they match the shells that eject the dual miniguns mounted behind my headlights when I'm stuck in traffic and daydreaming. 

Actually they're .44's from memory, but they were easy to make. If someone needs something specific just post an image.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Not a big spray....but there is a group of spent shells and a single stand -alone one...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/59795/view/11/Poser/Ammo-belt

• I'm looking for the interior of a vessel - cockpits, cabins, cargo-bays, etc.  A plane wold be preferable, but spaceships or naval vessels would also be useful.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

Trying to find a freebie tree branch, preferably for a jungle tree for a Tarzan character to lie or crouch upon. I have the DAZ Tropical Jungle Environment, so I could use the branch with that. I've looked for something to purchace also, but haven't found anything to my taste. I don't need a collection of trees, or a tree with lots of tangled branches. I want the Tarzan character to show, or a lion or tiger if it's up in a tree. Anyone know of a tree branch like this?

inquire said:

Trying to find a freebie tree branch, preferably for a jungle tree for a Tarzan character to lie or crouch upon. I have the DAZ Tropical Jungle Environment, so I could use the branch with that. I've looked for something to purchace also, but haven't found anything to my taste. I don't need a collection of trees, or a tree with lots of tangled branches. I want the Tarzan character to show, or a lion or tiger if it's up in a tree. Anyone know of a tree branch like this?

any way you can show an image of something similar to what you want?

• Kerya said:
    DollyGirl said:
    Fisty said:

I am guessing ... C1 may be CakeOne (she has/had props) you could ask her? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/1566/Cake One

Oh, thank you! I'll give that a shot! :D

inquire said:

There are a number of free tentacles on sharecg and renderosity that you can morph to the shape you want and add a bark/wood texture to.

• SaponiSaponi Posts: 11

Sorry if this has been covered but I don't have the time to go back over 40 some pages. I would like to find some free vein mapping that could be used on G2 and V6 females. I currently have "Add Some Veins". ASV is great but there is no dial for "more or less," vascularity, only bump adjustment for visiblilty of the veins. I would like to have more choices on the arms, hands and neck. I have a 32 bit system and cannot use "Vascularity HD for Genesis 2", which has some dials. Soooo, any ideas of where I could get these would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Saponi said:

Sorry if this has been covered but I don't have the time to go back over 40 some pages. I would like to find some free vein mapping that could be used on G2 and V6 females. I currently have "Add Some Veins". ASV is great but there is no dial for "more or less," vascularity, only bump adjustment for visiblilty of the veins. I would like to have more choices on the arms, hands and neck. I have a 32 bit system and cannot use "Vascularity HD for Genesis 2", which has some dials. Soooo, any ideas of where I could get these would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Is it bump or displacement?

Does it use an overlay map or replace the existing bump (if there is one)?

If it's an overlay, you can try putting it on the displacement channel, instead of the bump...

• I need to make a blood smear - like a body's been dragged across the floor.  Any suggestions?

I need to make a blood smear - like a body's been dragged across the floor.  Any suggestions?

When I do something like this I use a transmap, usually one I got from a site called Media Militia just google it and you'll find it straight away. I also use their transmaps for smoke quite a lot. Example of blood and smoke:

punisher 2.jpg
    1860 x 867 - 894K
  • Found the website, what's a transmap?

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

A black and white image you plug into the opacity channel (called "cut-out" if you're using iray uber surface)

Found the website, what's a transmap?

Create a primative (plane for example), add a texture in diffuse. Go to opacity and add an image, the black parts will be invisible. It's a very usefull part of the software. I think I altered the free pngs from media militia to jpegs to work better. I can't remember, because I'm very drunk at the moment. (Took me ages to write this!)

• Got it.  Took some working with, but it eventually came out.

• SaponiSaponi Posts: 11
    mjc1016 said:
    Saponi said:

Thanks,

Is it bump or displacement?

Does it use an overlay map or replace the existing bump (if there is one)?

If it's an overlay, you can try putting it on the displacement channel, instead of the bump...

Sorry, but I am still learning this stuff so I will try to sound intelligent. Add Some Veins is a mapping preset, that I add to the V6 model. So, I am assuming it is an ovelay, since it fits over the skin of the existing model. I can adjust the visiblity of the mapping by adjusting the surface bump strength up or down. But this does not add or takeaway any of the veins, just hides them or makes them more visible.

I would like to have more choices, especially for the female models. It would be more realistic if the hands, arms and neck had multible settings for quantity of veins that are visible or different mappings for very vascular compared to slightly vascular. For examle: Hands with several veins showing on top or hands with only one or two promient veins showing on top. Same with arms and neck. Not every women is as vascular as a body builder, yet many, many women have visible veins, so that is my dilema and that is the effect I am seeking for my renders.

Thanks for your reply to may post, oh and like I said earlier, I tried "Vascularity HD", but it doesn't work on my 32 bit PC. Hoping to get a 64 bit in the future, but for now I have to work with what I have.

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 873
    edited September 2015
    inquire said:

did you look into this DA Morphing Tree Freebie , I know it's a tree but I'm sure some scaling (if needed) might get you what you're looking for

I'm sure it'll work for you, the main limbs are a good size

Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • I had at one time a car hauling trailer. This was the big one that carried numerous cars behind a truck. It's just the hauler I'm looking for again. I've got the truck and I don't think that its related by vendor. Is there anyone who knows where I can find a car hauling trailer for free like I'm looking for? It can either be a wavefront object or a poser figure. Thanks in advance!

• DanGer777 said:

I had at one time a car hauling trailer. This was the big one that carried numerous cars behind a truck. It's just the hauler I'm looking for again. I've got the truck and I don't think that its related by vendor. Is there anyone who knows where I can find a car hauling trailer for free like I'm looking for? It can either be a wavefront object or a poser figure. Thanks in advance!

Hi DanGer777 -- here is a car hauling trailer from Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/autotransporttrailer-/55617 Is this what you're looking for?

--MW

• Thank you thank you thank you ModernWizard. That is the one place I didn't look. lol. Go figure. Thank you again for finding it for me. wink

• OK, here's a bit of a challenge for anyone out there. I'd like to find two very closely related  traditional Japanese sets/props. These are a tradtitional Tatara furnace and a traditional Japanese swordsmith's forge, both as seen in these documentaries

• any freebie of a mask like the girl in the image in this Youtube video

or something like it, like a blindfold, I could use one of Wilmap's Lace designs shader if I need to get the effect I want

Thanks

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    XaatXuun said:

any freebie of a mask like the girl in the image in this Youtube video

or something like it, like a blindfold, I could use one of Wilmap's Lace designs shader if I need to get the effect I want

Thanks

http://www.sharecg.com/v/16952/gallery/11/Poser/Red-Blindfold

This discussion has been closed.