GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 873
    edited September 2015
    DollyGirl said:
    XaatXuun said:

any freebie of a mask like the girl in the image in this Youtube video

or something like it, like a blindfold, I could use one of Wilmap's Lace designs shader if I need to get the effect I want

Thanks

http://www.sharecg.com/v/16952/gallery/11/Poser/Red-Blindfold

thank you, I also Just now, found Art Deco Headdress & Earrings, going to look what I can do with that, but that Blindfold may be just what I'm looking for

Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • DollyGirl said:
    XaatXuun said:

any freebie of a mask like the girl in the image in this Youtube video

or something like it, like a blindfold, I could use one of Wilmap's Lace designs shader if I need to get the effect I want

Thanks

http://www.sharecg.com/v/16952/gallery/11/Poser/Red-Blindfold

okay  I had hopes for the Blindfold,  in one way it did what I wanted, but I need to learn  to make texture to use, the shader was a no go, would need to remodel , again something I've still not good enough for. I ended up using a Chain mail shader  to get the somewhat of a effect I was going for,  can be seen here, it was just the thing  if I could get rid of that ponytail that is attached to it, for now I just have to keep the right camera angle so it's not seen

• SteveM17 said:

Found the website, what's a transmap?

Create a primative (plane for example), add a texture in diffuse. Go to opacity and add an image, the black parts will be invisible. It's a very usefull part of the software. I think I altered the free pngs from media militia to jpegs to work better. I can't remember, because I'm very drunk at the moment. (Took me ages to write this!)

I've never done this sort of thing before ,I just tend to use things out of the box,but you say "add a texture" any texture or is there a specific one ?

• Does anyone know of a morph/texture out there that would give me the look of a Savannah cat (either for the big cat or the cat itself)?
    Savannah cats images on Google

• I am looking for a Dressing gown for k4, I have searched all over any idea would be great :)

dressing gown.jpg
    173 x 178 - 67K
  • I have a challenge for you guys and it doesn't have to be free.  A ring with a gryhon's head.  Something like the one pictured here.

$_57.jpg
    750 x 750 - 85K
  • I have a challenge for you guys and it doesn't have to be free.  A ring with a gryhon's head.  Something like the one pictured here.

$_57.jpg
    750 x 750 - 85K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    beachlegs said:

I am looking for a Dressing gown for k4, I have searched all over any idea would be great :)

Edit  your post, delete the attachment and re-attach it.  It didn't upload before you finalized the post or dropped during the upload.

I thought there was one...ummm...may have been a Christmas freebie somewhere, though...

dakkuuan said:

I have a challenge for you guys and it doesn't have to be free.  A ring with a gryhon's head.  Something like the one pictured here.

And how is that distinguishable from an eagle?

• mjc1016 said:
    dakkuuan said:

I have a challenge for you guys and it doesn't have to be free.  A ring with a gryhon's head.  Something like the one pictured here.

Griffons have ear like tufts of feathers on either side of their heards that eagles don't have. 

• mjc1016 said:
    dakkuuan said:

Griffons have ear like tufts of feathers on either side of their heards that eagles don't have. 

This is true.

mjc1016 said:
    dakkuuan said:

This is true.

Yes, but that eaxmple ring...where are the tufts?  The stone settings?

This is attempt #1...yes the band is not very great and the head looks more like a fluffy owl...

gryphon1.png
    960 x 540 - 98K
  • beachlegs said:

I am looking for a Dressing gown for k4, I have searched all over any idea would be great :)

dressing gown.jpg
    173 x 178 - 67K
  • I really didn't have a design in mind, this is the best I could come up with as an image.  It's something a character wears in book and the reason it's a gryphon is because she's a guardian.  I'm hoping to begin work on the comic version of my book one these days and I'm trying to inventory what I have and what I don't.  MCJ did you make that ring?  Nice work.  Frankly anything is better than nothing.  It's not something I have to zoom in on but if I have something to resembles a gryphon because my main character tends to figit with her ring when she's nervous.  I'll likely use it for any future renders of her.  The image I use for my avatar on this site is the girl who wears that ring, it's part of the current cover of my book.

I need to clean it up...it's way to 'heavy' (more polys than a Genesis model...) and the ring part is a bit too thick...but I was just playing with Sculptris last night.  I'll see what I can do over the next couple of evenings.

• SteveM17 said:

Found the website, what's a transmap?

Create a primative (plane for example), add a texture in diffuse. Go to opacity and add an image, the black parts will be invisible. It's a very usefull part of the software. I think I altered the free pngs from media militia to jpegs to work better. I can't remember, because I'm very drunk at the moment. (Took me ages to write this!)

I've never done this sort of thing before ,I just tend to use things out of the box,but you say "add a texture" any texture or is there a specific one ?

The texture would be the blood smear (or smoke or whatever) that you want to use, change the colour (to red for blood for example).

• I have searched ages fpr a particular freebie. A large galleon (like the ships in Pirates of the carribean), that is textured, or can accept textures in DS, and has the rigging/ropes. I've found various models in OBJ format but either I can't texture them in DS (just add flat colours), or they can be textured but don't have the rigging/ropes. I've searched everywhere I can think of.

• I don't have Brice, and I tried the Prince William from Sharecg, which would be perfect, except when I load it and try to add textures, they're just flat colours.

• Is it Posable to make a 3D of myself?

• SteveM17 said:

I don't have Brice, and I tried the Prince William from Sharecg, which would be perfect, except when I load it and try to add textures, they're just flat colours.

Steve that measns the object had no UVs. Mcj has scripts that can help with that.
  • dakkuuan said:
    SteveM17 said:

I don't have Brice, and I tried the Prince William from Sharecg, which would be perfect, except when I load it and try to add textures, they're just flat colours.

Steve that measns the object had no UVs. Mcj has scripts that can help with that.
    dakkuuan said:

I have to go to work soon, but I'll have a look into that when I et chance. Any idea what the script is called or where to find it?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited September 2015
    SteveM17 said:
    dakkuuan said:
    SteveM17 said:

I dSteve that measns the object had no UVs. Mcj has scripts that can help with that.

I have to go to work soon, but I'll have a look into that when I et chance. Any idea what the script is called or where to find it?

I don't know the specific script location or name, but possibly it is somewhere on or linked from this page: https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/

Is it Posable to make a 3D of myself?

It's probably possible, it's probably also going to be very difficult if you want an exact match.  Perhaps you might want to start a thread in the Commons on that to get a bunch of advice and help.

Does anybody know where I can find something vaguely similar to the BASE part of the hair in these screenshots (commercial renders allowed)?  I don't need the bow nor mouse ears, I should be able to cobble those together from other things, I just need the base starting point.  Although l'll be using it on Genesis1, I've had pretty good luck with using hair from other figures with minor adjustments.  It's fine if I have to hide parts of some other hair to get there.

screenshot, mouse hair base.png
    675 x 379 - 288K
    Post edited by sriesch on
  • edited September 2015
    Does anyone know where I can get a horse or any other large animal but I would prefer a horse
    Post edited by nainai.joy_a52bc356b8 on

No freebie horses that I know of...that are fully rigged.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    sriesch said:

Does anybody know where I can find something vaguely similar to the BASE part of the hair in these screenshots (commercial renders allowed)?  I don't need the bow nor mouse ears, I should be able to cobble those together from other things, I just need the base starting point.  Although l'll be using it on Genesis1, I've had pretty good luck with using hair from other figures with minor adjustments.  It's fine if I have to hide parts of some other hair to get there.

Vaguely similar

http://digitalbabes.jp/dload/Koz'sPony.html

http://digitalbabes.jp/dload/shortHair.html

http://digitalbabes.jp/dload/ShortHairEvo.html

• Does anyone know where I can get a horse or any other large animal but I would prefer a horse

ArMa Vision seems to have pulled his (their?  her?) products from the Rendo freestuff, but you can get their horse here:http://armavision.prv.pl/

edited September 2015

Actually, the horse link goes to the non-existing Rendo page.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • This one should be fairly easy (I hope) - I'm trying to match hair similar to Zoe from Firefly.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

I think that would be a Freebie Request to go here:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/30004/general-freebie-requests-part-2#latest

This discussion has been closed.