Genesis 2 Figures in PoserPro 2014 - Don't See 'em! :-P

2»

Comments

• edited December 1969

I'm having pretty much the same trouble. After working on this for about two hours, I'm done.

I'm done.

I am not convinced DAZ3D wants this to work.

1298579029141.png
    519 x 391 - 58K
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Did you install both the DSON core and Poser Companion files? What is the path to the content?

• LennyElfLennyElf Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Hi guys, I'm posting quickly here (I'm incognito at job, so bear with me), but the same thing happens to my while I try to load genesis 1 and 2, but in Poser Pro 2012... I've installed everything, have daz content installed too, also have daz studio installed (sometimes I import some characters from there...).

Things to note:
    - My daz content folder in INSIDE my poser content folder
    - I use P3do Library manager to load stuff at Poser (but not at daz studio)
    - I tryied using the path described previously, and got the same result: nothing loads

Any ideas would be great!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,311
    edited December 1969

LennyElf said:

What do you mean? The Data folder should be at the same level as the Runtime folder.

edited December 1969

LennyElf said:

What do you mean? The Data folder should be at the same level as the Runtime folder.

I expressed myself incomplete, here's what I mean: I have a external runtime folder in a flash drive, named PoserContent, and it goes PoserContent/Runtimes. My daz content is inside that folder, going by: PoserContent/Daz Content/Runtime (and data folder is at the same level of daz runtime, but not my whole poser runtime).

The thing is, it worked properly at 2013, and then, suddenly, stopped working... I'm considering reinstalling Poser all over, or, before that, testing the named script DSON Loader... I will only be able to try it when I get home.

edited December 1969

I presume PoserContent/Daz Content/ is still in the Poser Library as a runtime folder? I ask, because you have it on an external drive, and if you happen to start Poser without that drive connected, it will remove the runtime folders residing on that drive from the Library. If that happens, you will need to add them to the Poser Library again using the add runtime folder button...

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    I presume PoserContent/Daz Content/ is still in the Poser Library as a runtime folder? I ask, because you have it on an external drive, and if you happen to start Poser without that drive connected, it will remove the runtime folders residing on that drive from the Library. If that happens, you will need to add them to the Poser Library again using the add runtime folder button...

Altought I can't test this hypotesis, it might actually be the reason why it isn't loading... I forgot to add that runtime as additional in poser... But, shouldn't it pop that HORRID window asking for files, as instead of showing as loading? I mean, at the parameters window there is a Genesis figure, but it does not appear in the scene... I will note myself mentally to fix this too...

edited December 1969

The Poser Companion files are supposed to be installed into the same runtime as the DSON core files, as they are mostly python scripts that tell the DSON importer to load the DSON files....

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    The Poser Companion files are supposed to be installed into the same runtime as the DSON core files, as they are mostly python scripts that tell the DSON importer to load the DSON files....

This, they are

edited December 1969

I just added the External Daz Library to the runtimes tab at poser... And voilá! I can't believe I forgot that, I'm feeling so... dumb!

A sweet smile from V5 as a example:

Gen_test_ok.jpg
    670 x 481 - 98K