My freebies

emotionaldreams2emotionaldreams2 Posts: 141
edited August 2019 in Freebies
Post edited by emotionaldreams2 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

I'm not wild about Ivana's shape, but her skin is fantastic.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Thank you!

Will post a render later (although it might be while until I get a chance to play with her.)

• Gordig said:

I'm not wild about Ivana's shape, but her skin is fantastic.

thanks for input. just change the shape to your liking. have fun  :)

edited August 2019

Here's a quick render of Ivana's skin.

Love it. Could you make a version without eyebrows, though?

Ivanaskin.png
    1000 x 1333 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited July 2019

Here's her skin on a G8M. The lips were a bit too pink so I desaturated and darkened them in post. Otherwise no changes. (The body hair is a separate product of course, as are the brows.)

I love it! The freckles are great. And I never paid attention to a characters knees before, but those knees look fantastic!

Currently rendering a close-up of his face. I render on a mac, so it'll take a while... but I'll post it when it's done.

I saw a visible seam at the side of the head, where the torso map meets the face map. Haven't had a chance to check if it's also visible on female characters. At least in theory using UV swap shouldn't create seams, so...

quickie10 A.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 339K
    Post edited by Hylas on
    edited July 2019

Voila...

Lips are desaturated and darkened in post. Some blurring to make the hair and beard look softer. Otherwise no post work.

(You gave her a black eye? That's... I hope she's ok!)

quickie10 B.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 505K
    quickie10 C.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 494K
    Post edited by Hylas on

Here's the visible seam I was talking about. It's most visible in the "freckles" version. Meant as constructive criticism, of course I'm still very thankful that you gave us such an awesome item for free! wink

quickie10 D.jpg
    560 x 700 - 202K
  • emotionaldreams2emotionaldreams2 Posts: 141
    edited July 2019

yes seams always giving me issues . ive yet to conquer them and how to fix.  i was able to get my ebony model right though. pure luck i guess. still gotta practice more :) be nice if there was a REAL video tutorial on making skin textures. 

Hylas said:

Here's the visible seam I was talking about. It's most visible in the "freckles" version. Meant as constructive criticism, of course I'm still very thankful that you gave us such an awesome item for free! wink

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244

I concure a real vid would be great, but as someone that does texturing a lot, check your transparancy wieght on the face, if thats not it check the gamma or the metalicity one of those are off

just tryin ta help

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244

thank you for the freebie I love it

• I concure a real vid would be great, but as someone that does texturing a lot, check your transparancy wieght on the face, if thats not it check the gamma or the metalicity one of those are off

just tryin ta help

thanks for the tips

• new freebie up. hav fun 

heart

Bunny for G8

bunny face_out.jpg
    300 x 350 - 58K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

She is cute! May I ask who she is?

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited August 2019

I wanna say this. You have some really nice looking models here for free. That's so kind, but I downloaded one of your characters from the freebie section at Renderosity and I installed it. I clicked and opened it. It looked fine. Right after that, I clicked on my Genesis 8 figure to open her and she was completely different looking. I closed Daz and reopened it, clicked her again and she was still different. I then, with the help of a friend here learned that you had used the genesis 8 character as your base for your character and manipulated the data file for it. The only way to get her back was to delete your model, which I did, and she was back to normal. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but it is not a good thing to have to go through. So, I will no longer download your characters because I don't want to have to go through that kind of panic ever again. I thought my Daz was corrupted. I freaked! Just a note and heads up.

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Yes, you are supposed to create a head & body or a full body morph and save it as a morph asset for your characters and leave the shape of the G8F base completely alone.

edited August 2019

thats what i did. so i dont know what happen. never had an issue in the past. dont  know whats going on now. i took them down til i figure it out.. perhaps some tips to saave them correctly

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

thats what i did. so i dont know what happen. never had an issue in the past. dont  know whats going on now. i took them down til i figure it out.. perhaps some tips to saave them correctly

Oh, it is not a disaster and easy for us to remedy. LOL, more difficult for you to fix now. It has happened with products sold in the DAZ Store too so you are not the 1st to make that mistake. I think somehow it's the default morph sliders getting changed and not the original G8F mesh.

I notice that Bunny has the same red splotch at the very end of her philtrum that Ivana had. Is there a reason for this?

edited August 2019

There are...some irregularities with Bunny's skin. When she loads up, only the torso seems to be correctly mapped, even though all the skin surfaces have the same settings and what appear to be the right maps assigned. She's also got some problems with her eyes, and the redness around her navel may not necessarily be wrong (in the sense that it's unintended), but seems like a strange choice to me.

For funsies, I also tried her shape out with some different free skins.

She's a great shape, and the skin looks good from what I can see of it. It just needs some rejiggering to get it right. All of the things that are definitely problems, rather than simply choices I don't agree with, seem to be Iray only.

Bunnybody.png
    900 x 1600 - 1M
    Bunnyheads.png
    1790 x 2094 - 4M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • Gordig said:

I notice that Bunny has the same red splotch at the very end of her philtrum that Ivana had. Is there a reason for this?

u mean that birthmark on thelip? proably are the same. i like it there. diffrent trextures but same mark i put in adobe. dont know why im attached to it. i took bunny down to complety redo it now smiley as fo rthe texture loading incrroectly don't knwo y only torso loads for you. i tried it again and all loaded for me as it was suppor to

as fo rthe texture loading incrroectly don't knwo y only torso loads for you. i tried it again and all loaded for me as it was suppor to

In Iray renders? She looks perfectly fine (if somewhat irregularly colored) in the viewport and in a 3DL render. It's only when I render in Iray that the problems arose.

• Gordig said:

as fo rthe texture loading incrroectly don't knwo y only torso loads for you. i tried it again and all loaded for me as it was suppor to

In Iray renders? She looks perfectly fine (if somewhat irregularly colored) in the viewport and in a 3DL render. It's only when I render in Iray that the problems arose.

ah ok.. sorry for the typos in previous message by the way :)... so i finish Bunny again. only issue is she loading with the morphs at zero instead of 1. resaved the charcter muitple tiems but still ,loads at zero. any tips? i wanted to load full without having to go to parameters and moving rthe sliders 

edited August 2019

this post is a error

Bunny fACE.jpg
    300 x 350 - 69K
    edited August 2019

alright. compeltey revamped Bunny. heard no issues so far. click Bunny name to get file cool 

BUNNY

edited August 2019

ok there is a minor issue where Bunny shape loads unto the default G8 when loading G8. a simply wrong notation casuing  all this mess...ugh! simply turn Bunny shape to zero in parameters/shape tab... can't believe this woman giving me such hassle to make *laughs*

• JackyBrownJackyBrown Posts: 583
    edited August 2019

ok there is a minor issue where Bunny shape loads unto the default G8 when loading G8. a simply wrong notation casuing  all this mess...ugh! simply turn Bunny shape to zero in parameters/shape tab... can't believe this woman giving me such hassle to make *laughs*

Do you mean that any time we load the default/basic Genesis 8 female character we have to turn the 'Bunny shape' to zero? Isn't that what @music2u4u was complaining about in the first place? That installing 'Bunny' affects the default/basic Genesis 8 female character? Which ofcourse is an unwanted situation. I was hoping that you had fixed that issue because I really like this 'Bunny' character a lot, she's badass!

Post edited by JackyBrown on

Bunny has replaced my G8F as well. The skin is now deathly white, which is...not an ideal solution to the problems you were having with the texture before. Also, she now loads with a different pose than the previous iteration, but why have her load with a pose at all? Just include the poses seperately.

edited August 2019

i thought the "default" in the settings of the created morph was just for the morph. now i know its for the default G8. i had put it at 100 instead leaving it at zero. now i know better :). G8 a pain in the neck for me. i might go back to G3 

ok there is a minor issue where Bunny

Cut

shape loads unto the default G8 when loading G8. a simply wrong notation casuing  all this mess...ugh! simply turn Bunny shape to zero in parameters/shape tab... can't believe this woman giving me such hassle to make *laughs*

Do you mean that any time we load the default/basic Genesis 8 female character we have to turn the 'Bunny shape' to zero? Isn't that what @music2u4u was complaining about in the first place? That installing 'Bunny' affects the default/basic Genesis 8 female character? Which ofcourse is an unwanted situation. I was hoping that you had fixed that issue because I really like this 'Bunny' character a lot, she's badass!

edited August 2019

Here's what her skin looks like (on a regular G8F) in Iray:

It's a good-looking skin (and I'm glad you got rid of the birthmark), but the coloring is all wrong, and the eyes are still goofy.

Bunnyeyes.png
    1600 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on