MMX-Dark DS - A Dark user style for Daz Studio

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

I can't wait to use it! Thank you!

Thanks for this, you are the ma'am!

All cheezy dad-jokes aside, this makes my eyes very happy!

Phloki3D said:

Damn this looks like it makes such a difference. Thank you, going to try it out later! 

You're welcome to each of you. 

It personally makes a world of difference on your eyes.  I was more than happy  to share.

• That style doesn't look only cool, I can read the lettering much better than before :)

Thank you very much for that great style.

• Love it-thank you for sharing!

Peter_DA said:

That style doesn't look only cool, I can read the lettering much better than before :)

Thank you very much for that great style.

You're welcome very much! :D

lulamfada said:

Love it-thank you for sharing!

You're welcome!

• Wow! Thank you!

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 502

New to Daz and just figured sitting inches from my monitor was going to be the Daz lifestyle but this helps soooo much. I didn't realize there were styles. I wouldn't have thought a darker background would make such a difference especially considering it was already a dark gray, but it did and does. I imagine I'll be switching between this one and the larger font one that I just found thanks to this post as well. Thank you for sharing :)

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,936

Just found this and tried it out. Needless to say it's staying :)

Thank you, really appeciated.

• I've made my own dark theme, but this is better. Thank you. :)

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

Very cool @Mattymanx :) Nice change for 2020. Thanks for the share.

• Tim NTim N Posts: 193

Thanks!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

does not show in layouts selection for me (win10)

saved a new layout to see where it goes to

and it shows up at once

but no mmx and its in the same folder

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

ha was looking under layouts not styles so my fault

very nice looking style

thank you

• T WallT Wall Posts: 3

Thanks you!  

• This style makes a big difference to me.

Thank you for sharing it.

You're welcome everyone!!!  Very glad its helpful and useful to many.

Ruphuss, glad to hear it was a simple fix.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Thank you! What a difference. smileyyes

Just a note that when I try to switch the style to another from yours, the original Darkside that comes with DS is selected, instead of yours. So switching or previewing another style doesn't always kick in. Sometimes I have to try it a couple times, but yours is still never selected in the dropdown, even though it is the current style. Otherwise, it is a great style!

DSStyles.jpg
    1917 x 1041 - 272K
    edited January 2020

The ones that come with DS are always listed first followed by any user made ones.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

sweet works great, a little tweek for me to make it more high contrast I gave the Foreground a pure white. Thanks for sharing.

Mattymanx said:

The ones that come with DS are always listed first followed by any user made ones.

That helps, but the checkmark next to Darkside indicates that it is the currently selected style, while yours actually is. When I switch to another DS-provided style like Highway, the checkmark is next to Highway. I guess DS allows for custom styles but doesn't mark it as selected.

Also, what is the zero-length text file in the 7-zip for? I added it along with the other files (not at first but then I thought maybe your style needed it for some reason. Didn't make a difference either way.)

Regardless, this is a very helpful style! Thanks again. smiley

The zero byte file it a txt file used for the description of the theme.  I didnt write one but its there by default.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

@MattyManx, thank you for this gift for my eyes!

And @IceCrMn, your guidelines for where to put the files, once I figured out how to open them, helped me.

Why my iMac had no issue with the 7z file but the Win10 computer couldn't handle them without me buying software...?

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

@MattyManx, thank you for this gift for my eyes!

And @IceCrMn, your guidelines for where to put the files, once I figured out how to open them, helped me.

Why my iMac had no issue with the 7z file but the Win10 computer couldn't handle them without me buying software...?

You're welcome and you don't need to purchase anything to open 7z files. They are made using 7zip. Which is free.I've been using it for nearly 20 years now.

go here to download it https://www.7-zip.org/

"7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT."

Szark said:

sweet works great, a little tweek for me to make it more high contrast I gave the Foreground a pure white. Thanks for sharing.

That made it even better! Thanks!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

just keeping the sharing going, thx dawnblade

• This is perfect! Thanks!!

• TouristTourist Posts: 106

This looks really good but will it work on my Mac?

• SerenitySerenity Posts: 2

Yay! With your hard work, DS has become as nice to my eyes as PS :) Thanks for sharing!

Paul

• dawnblade said:
    Mattymanx said:

That helps, but the checkmark next to Darkside indicates that it is the currently selected style, while yours actually is. When I switch to another DS-provided style like Highway, the checkmark is next to Highway. I guess DS allows for custom styles but doesn't mark it as selected.

Also, what is the zero-length text file in the 7-zip for? I added it along with the other files (not at first but then I thought maybe your style needed it for some reason. Didn't make a difference either way.)

Regardless, this is a very helpful style! Thanks again. smiley

That's because the style is Darkside, the script is modifying the colours but not chnaging the assets (bitmaps etc.) used.

• brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213

thanks for sharing this, I just discovered the customize style feature