MMX-Dark DS - A Dark user style for Daz Studio

13»

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    Tourist said:

This looks really good but will it work on my Mac?

Yes, it was made in DS so it will work for the Mac as well as windows.  I just dont know the correct spot to put it on a Mac.

Nixels said:

Yay! With your hard work, DS has become as nice to my eyes as PS :) Thanks for sharing!

Paul

You're welcome.

ltbrvsn said:

thanks for sharing this, I just discovered the customize style feature

You're welcome

• MoonCraft3DMoonCraft3D Posts: 379

Whow! Much love! Thanks!

You're welcome Kimonolady!

• Mattymanx,

I don't mean to bump this thread, but I do have a question. Wanted to see if you could help. As I've gotten older since I started using this theme I'm finding it harder and harder to see the small letters and numbers on the right edge of the adjustment sliders. The field is a dark grey in that area and the text is black. Makes seeing it very difficult for me. Can you point to a location in Studio to change this color, or if possible in your ".dsa" file. I'd like it to be a bright pale blue color, or if not that, white. If it's something really techie my son should be able to help me out given some place to start since he is not familiar with Studio.

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Windows>Style>Customise Style - from there you can change any of the colours to whatever you want.

• LimunLimun Posts: 182

NekoSore said:

The folder "user styles" dosen't exsist unless you (the user) makes a custom style and saves it :).

So, to make it work in the beta navigate to C:\Users\NekoSore\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

then make a new folder called "user styles" and drop the folder 'MMX-Dark DS" in to it. Then start up Studio Beta, then click Window>Style>Select Style. Clcik the drop down menu on the top right and the new "MMX-Dark DS" theme should be on the list there.

note: Current release and beta store the user styles in differnt locations.

release= C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

Beta=C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

Thank you for the detailed explanation! I had created the "user styles" folder in the regular studio 4 folder instead of the public build beta folder which I primarly use. Now it shows up in the styles drop down menu and works great! Thanks again!

Thank you for instructions , i didn't have  "user styles"  

• LimunLimun Posts: 182

Thank you , very nice 

• edited October 2022

Thanks for this! The colors look great and it definitely looks a lot better. Especially the text that is usually grayed out so much that it can be really tiresome to read.

Post edited by Archangel Firewolf on
  • BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381
    edited October 2022

Scorpio,

Tried your suggestion. Didn't wok. At least not in a helpful way. It did change the font color, which was great, but it also changed the frame color which is now light enough to bother my poor old eyes. Had to set it back. Any way to just change just the font color?

Post edited by BronzeDragon on
    edited November 2022

BronzeDragon said:

Scorpio,

Tried your suggestion. Didn't wok. At least not in a helpful way. It did change the font color, which was great, but it also changed the frame color which is now light enough to bother my poor old eyes. Had to set it back. Any way to just change just the font color?

Sorry for the late reply to this thread.  The dark text does not have its own control as DS does not have a whole lot of seperate controls for coloring the UI.  Too much is tied together.   The color you are looking for is the 7th one labeled "Dark Color'

Screenshot_70.png
    351 x 393 - 15K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • Mattymanx,

Thanks, but that just shows what I found out, if I make it light enough to see it lightens the entire frame enough that it bothers my eyes. Anyway, thanks. I'll keep looking. Maybe I can find out where that text is associated with that color and find a way to associate it with a new color.

• This is great, thanks. 

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 135

@Mattymanx  Thanks, look really nice.

• Hi! Looks like this would be soothing on my old cataract eyes. Thanks for reminding me about the ability to change our theme colors.

The "mega.nz..." link, though, doesn't go anywhere for me. Just to a white screen. Is this for for being online with DS open? As in directly installing?

The problem could be because I'm using Linux for online things, and never let Windows and DS online.

It's OK. I'll try to imitate what you have there. It's actually beautiful. Cool blues over dark dark grays!
    Thanks again for this. It will be a huge help for me!

edited January 2023

NotAnArtist said:

Hi! Looks like this would be soothing on my old cataract eyes. Thanks for reminding me about the ability to change our theme colors.

The "mega.nz..." link, though, doesn't go anywhere for me. Just to a white screen. Is this for for being online with DS open? As in directly installing?

The problem could be because I'm using Linux for online things, and never let Windows and DS online.

It's OK. I'll try to imitate what you have there. It's actually beautiful. Cool blues over dark dark grays!
    Thanks again for this. It will be a huge help for me!

Just updated the OP and added a new link on Google Drive, try that. 

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • Thanks! Got it. Wasn't able to install due to some oddities in my system's paths - appdata, etc (I think, from memory) were in a different place. I assume that was what caused it to fail...
    But, as I said, I made some changes myself which have helped a lot.
    Thank you again for reminding me of the ability to change user styles!