*FREE* Halloween - Bates House from the movies Psycho and Bates Motel

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

Ralf1958, love the image of that mobile trailer. My Uncle bought a classic 50's trailer and redid the interior with wood and velvet, looks amazing, wish I had pictures of it. He spent decades rebuilding and restoring classic and antique vehicles, most from the 50's and 60's. Another uncle use to own an 36 Ford car and later restored a 56 chevy he has won awards for. Because of these 2 Uncles, I grew up loving classic and antique vehicles. My daughter seems to have inherited that love and has started buy classic cars...lol The image is the closest image I could find to what he has.

image_2020-10-19_155106.png
    737 x 431 - 599K
  • It looks great! Cant wait to play lol

Thanks so much 

• Some WoD gothic horror

bateshouse andbsd.png
    666 x 666 - 1M
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited October 2020

Very cool!!  cool

As an aside, I was recently watching an episode of the 1970's TV series "Emergency!" called "Brushfire", and this house was the home of an elderly lady endangered by the fire...

Post edited by WandW on
  • Ralf1958Ralf1958 Posts: 688

Ralf1958, love the image of that mobile trailer. My Uncle bought a classic 50's trailer and redid the interior with wood and velvet, looks amazing, wish I had pictures of it. He spent decades rebuilding and restoring classic and antique vehicles, most from the 50's and 60's. Another uncle use to own an 36 Ford car and later restored a 56 chevy he has won awards for. Because of these 2 Uncles, I grew up loving classic and antique vehicles. My daughter seems to have inherited that love and has started buy classic cars...lol The image is the closest image I could find to what he has.

Very cool Airstream. I think I did rebuild one in 3D. It must be somewhere on my drive. I havo to take a look. could be another future freebie... :-)

It looks great! Cant wait to play lol

Thanks so much 

You are welcome :-)

Some WoD gothic horror

Nice one! :-)

WandW said:

Very cool!!  cool

As an aside, I was recently watching an episode of the 1970's TV series "Emergency!" called "Brushfire", and this house was the home of an elderly lady endangered by the fire...

Yes, that house was moved around a lot and it appeared in several productions :-)

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

That would definitely be a freebie I can use, hope you find it.

edited October 2020

That would definitely be a freebie I can use, hope you find it.

I found it. But it's only the shell. No interior and the door is not opening. Needs a bit of cleaning, but I could work on it once finished the house. I rebuilt 5 Trailers that exist(ed) in real life, most of them have Interiors.

060.png
    1080 x 1080 - 874K
    061.png
    1080 x 1080 - 627K
    Post edited by Ralf1958 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

thanks for the freebie... works in Carrara with some tweeking wink

Stezza said:

thanks for the freebie... works in Carrara with some tweeking wink

Very sweet! I like it a lot! :-)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

thanks... I added a hill and some steps in Carrara smiley

Stezza said:

Wow! This one looks phantastic! Awesome! :-)

• RainRain Posts: 335
    Stezza said:

This is great!!  You've done an awesome job.

Dear 3D friends! Here it is! The Bates House Version 4!
    It includes a totally new outside as well as the complete interior. I tryed to build everything as userfriendly as possible. Most items are grouped, like e.g. the 12 outer Walls. They can all be hidden individually, including the respective curtains, blinds, wall lamps and paintings. I included also two hierarchical materials for the more then 60 light sources, so they can all be turned on or off toghether with just one click. Select the house and click on the Material... done! I hope everything is working fine. If not, please let me know.
    You are free to use the house for any purpose. I only ask you to show me your final renders!
    If you feel like you want to donate something, my PayPal is ralf@geryk.de
    Enjoy and have fun!

Download here (250MB): https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao1mDuQEVoFBgp9db2AbBi-WciP-Qw?e=mLAtPT

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

Thankyou so much heart

once I get kicked out the PC+ club in a couple of weeks and DAZ stops grabbing my meagre money I will see what I can donate kiss

Thankyou so much heart

You are more than welcome. I hope everything works well :-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Thank you so much!  Very generous of you!  

RAMWolff said:

Thank you so much!  Very generous of you!  

You are very welcome! :-) Have fun! :-)

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Simply wonderful! Thank you.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

Thank you for the update and the interior add-on. I did a quick load and walk through  and its really  beautifully done..  I will get tons of use for haunted house animated scenes . I can't thank you enough for your generousity smiley

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 553
    edited October 2020

Thank you very much @Ralf1958 for this awesome masterpiece!

This is still WIP, but at the moment I'm struggling with a path to the house.

BatesHouse_BatesProperty3.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 673K
    Post edited by markusmatern on

Thank you very much @Ralf1958 for this awesome masterpiece!

This is still WIP, but at the moment I'm struggling with a path to the house.

Beautiful! I was trying to build the stairs for the Hill, but... before doing that, I have to carefully watch all 4 of the Psycho movies. I just have to decide which version... The appearance of the house changes slightly in every movie. Not even talking about the interior floorplan, which does'nt make any sense at all. :-)

• I just have to decide which version... The appearance of the house changes slightly in every movie. Not even talking about the interior floorplan, which does'nt make any sense at all. :-)

Muah-ha-ha-ha!  Now you'll never find your way out!
    devil

Thanks for this.  There's too little classic architecture for free out there.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

I wanted to come back and say what a great job you did on this house a little heavy on gpu resources. But the many rooms are easy to edit for optimizing. great job on textures too. Amazing work. thank you for sharing this house.

my first render with it. I added a fog pane for effect.

Phycopath

Ivy said:

I wanted to come back and say what a great job you did on this house a little heavy on gpu resources. But the many rooms are easy to edit for optimizing. great job on textures too. Amazing work. thank you for sharing this house.

my first render with it. I added a fog pane for effect.

Phycopath

Very nice render! :-) Yes I know it's heavy. That's why I kept it modular. So every Part that's not needed can be taken out. :-)

With the next Update I will release all the single pieces so people can load just what is needed for the scene. :-)

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

I assume this is purely "DAZ only" having no .OBJ files that might be useful in other suites like, well, Poser.

If that's the case, I can at least be grateful "Sams3D" once offered a Poser optimized version years ago.  It's nowhere near as robust as yours, but it was really good for the time it was offered.  It even had a (very basic) interior with the infamous staircase.

But what you've done is simply amazing and you're very gracious to share it with the community.  But until I can get a new machine that can handle DAZ (and that apparently won't be for a while since I had to divert funds to pay for 2 crowns, and a third in short order), I'll just have yo admire the compositions of other members here.

Sincerely,

Bill

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited October 2020
    Redfern said:

I assume this is purely "DAZ only" having no .OBJ files that might be useful in other suites like, well, Poser.

If that's the case, I can at least be grateful "Sams3D" once offered a Poser optimized version years ago.  It's nowhere near as robust as yours, but it was really good for the time it was offered.  It even had a (very basic) interior with the infamous staircase.

But what you've done is simply amazing and you're very gracious to share it with the community.  But until I can get a new machine that can handle DAZ (and that apparently won't be for a while since I had to divert funds to pay for 2 crowns, and a third in short order), I'll just have yo admire the compositions of other members here.

Sincerely,

Bill

export an obj

I did for Twinmotion

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

FBX is also a good option for Poser.  It's a bit buggy but it works pretty well for the most part.