*FREE* Halloween - Bates House from the movies Psycho and Bates Motel

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

With respect, I think you (Wendy and Ram) did not read my third paragraph closely enough.  Let me repeat.

...until I can get a new machine that can handle DAZ...

Which means my existing system can NOT run DAZ Studio.

Followed by...

...that apparently won't be for a while since I had to divert funds to pay for 2 crowns...

Meaning the money I was setting aside to purchase a new computer had to be used for a more pragmatic and immediate need, oral surgery.

Oy vey...  Sometimes I wonder why I bother posting when it obvious people will merely skim the post at best.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited October 2020
    Redfern said:

With respect, I think you (Wendy and Ram) did not read my third paragraph closely enough.  Let me repeat.

Followed by...

...that apparently won't be for a while since I had to divert funds to pay for 2 crowns...

Meaning the money I was setting aside to purchase a new computer had to be used for a more pragmatic and immediate need, oral surgery.

Oy vey...  Sometimes I wonder why I bother posting when it obvious people will merely skim the post at best.

I falsely assumed you just meant you cannot render in DAZ studio 

I didn't realise you cannot even open it, load and export stuff, I will admit I once had a dual core computer a Dell Inspiron laptop that couldn't D|S3 so can understand but it did cope with D|S4

I used to work in wireframe to export stuff for my other softwares, it's worth a try

my teeth I don't waste money on now except to have them pulled but I am 58 and ugly anyway cheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Redfern said:

Followed by...

I think https://www.daz3d.com/dsf-toolbox still works, it's a stand-alone application that doesn't need DS (though ti would be unrigged, of course).

• Thank you so much!!  I hope to play with the house later!  This is more than generous of you!!!

• Ralf1958Ralf1958 Posts: 688
    Redfern said:

I assume this is purely "DAZ only" having no .OBJ files that might be useful in other suites like, well, Poser.

If that's the case, I can at least be grateful "Sams3D" once offered a Poser optimized version years ago.  It's nowhere near as robust as yours, but it was really good for the time it was offered.  It even had a (very basic) interior with the infamous staircase.

But what you've done is simply amazing and you're very gracious to share it with the community.  But until I can get a new machine that can handle DAZ (and that apparently won't be for a while since I had to divert funds to pay for 2 crowns, and a third in short order), I'll just have yo admire the compositions of other members here.

Sincerely,

Bill

Hey Bill! Yes, I made this house with DAZ in mind since I am only working with this software. Sorry! sad Anyways this house is so heavy on the system that probably you would have problems anyways on your computer. But... don't worry, the house will be available for a long time wink

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

This is a heavy Vram Load Stuff!!! First time my 2080Ti is struggling... WOW. Just sent you a little six-Pack to paypal for that awesome work. Many many thanks and go on with that amazing stuff. Renders are comming when my machine is cooling off ;-)

• Thanks again @Ralf1958 for your amazing freebie!

Here is my finished render with the house:

See it in the gallery for a full list of assets used!

A huge THANK YOU to everyone that sent me a PayPal gift! heart

@markusmatern - Very nice render, I like it a lot! smiley I am still working on the Stairs! wink Coming soon! smiley

Psycho Stairs.png
    875 x 677 - 646K

@Lothar Weber - Thanks for that six-pack! wink I worked today on exploding the house in single pieces, so just what is needed can be loaded without killing computers! laugh I will share in a few days. smiley

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited November 2020

Wow! very cool. Looks like an incredible amount of time went into building this.

I also like the grassy hillside in those initial renders.Is that a product?

Post edited by Rakuda on
    Rakuda said:

Wow! very cool. Looks like an incredible amount of time went into building this.

I also like the grassy hillside in those initial renders.Is that a product?

Yes... many, many, many hours and it still does :-)

Yes, the terrain is a product: https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-grass--meadow-worldbuilder

• Hmm, this is what I get

This item might not exist or is no longer available

This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information.

Hmm, this is what I get

This item might not exist or is no longer available

This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information.

You probably tryed to download the 1st Version. Here ist the latest one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao1mDuQEVoFBgp9db2AbBi-WciP-Qw?e=mLAtPT

Enjoy!

• Ralf1958 said:
    You probably tryed to download the 1st Version. Here ist the latest one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao1mDuQEVoFBgp9db2AbBi-WciP-Qw?e=mLAtPT

Enjoy!

Ah, I tried the link in the 1st post. Thank you!

• Thanks, good work on this. 

• I got the latest version and again thank you. If anyone other then me has trouble downloading, tell them to use another browser. For some reason OneDrive does not like Opera, but works find in OperaGX, go figure...lol

If you originally created this in another program and had to save as an obj to import to Daz, you already have what people need to bring into another program, just save that obj and put it in the folder for others to use. The drawback is that it will need to be mapped to use the textures.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Thought I would show this here.  The details on the house are amazing!

(for larger image check my Flickr site)

Halloween2020TMsm.jpg
    2000 x 1334 - 2M
    Daventaki said:

Thought I would show this here.  The details on the house are amazing!

(for larger image check my Flickr site)

Beautiful! Nice render! :-)

edited November 2020

The Version 5 is available! Fixed BMP-Textures issue, added Hill and outer Stairs. Hill has 3 different materials. These are only ground materials, so you need to scatter some plants and grass... Stairs have 2 different Materials. The entire house is now loadable piece by piece, so you do not need to kill your computer anymore!

Please download from the first post of this thread.

Enjoy!!!

067.duf.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Ralf1958 on
  • Thank you again.

• MartialMartial Posts: 412

Many thanks Ralf1958

vers bates housere.jpg
    800 x 450 - 403K

Thank you for showing your renders! :-)

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

Ralf1958,

Hello.  I was browsing the Daz forums last week and discovered your forum with the free Bates House!  I installed it today and it's amazing!  Thanks very much for your work and generosity.

edited October 2021

jjoyner said:

Ralf1958,

Hello.  I was browsing the Daz forums last week and discovered your forum with the free Bates House!  I installed it today and it's amazing!  Thanks very much for your work and generosity.

@jjoyner - I am glad you like it! Enjoy! :-)

• khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146

great freebie thanks

sad   I just wish I would get to see a few more renders of the house wink

• Thank you!

I finally got a render done. The following props were added: Settee, table, book, wineglass and Grandfather clock in the parlor room, Table and chairs in the dining rooom, table\vases in entrance hall, bed and bedside lamp in bedroom, bookcase in reading corner.

The the use of the geometry editor, I managed to create window frames so that the windows appear to open.

edited October 2021

DoctorJellybean said:

Thank you!

I finally got a render done. The following props were added: Settee, table, book, wineglass and Grandfather clock in the parlor room, Table and chairs in the dining rooom, table\vases in entrance hall, bed and bedside lamp in bedroom, bookcase in reading corner.

The the use of the geometry editor, I managed to create window frames so that the windows appear to open.

@DoctorJellybean - I am delighted! Beautiful work you have done there! I love it! :-) Keep up the great work! :-)

• Ralf1958 said:

I am delighted! Beautiful work you have done there! I love it! :-) Keep up the great work! :-)

Thank you. I'll do an interior one soon.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Wonderful render Doctor!