Kururu for Genesis 2 Female (DAZ Studio 4.6 only)

2»

Comments

• amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 139
    osomaki said:

Thank you Amy, it worked nicely with the full of morphs. Below is my first render.

In addition, Kururu is charming especially on expressions.
    If interested, take a look at an example of my tiny Web tool that I wrote 2 years ago:
    Web Multiple Images in a Frame  (Japanese page having Engligh version).

Thank you for the render and the link.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    amy_aimei said:
    3dOutlaw said:

OK, maybe I figured it out?  I added Kururu base, and then in the joint editor, removed all bones except Hip through head and children of head.  Then in the geometry editor I used the Lasso to select all polygons except the neck and head and children, hid them, and then deleted hidden polygons.  What I am left with is a Kururu head only, and the morphs of the head still work.

Was this the process you used...and then continued on to geograft to G2F?

Yes, it is like this.  Once I cut the Kururu's head out and I find the edges that match G2F's body, I added new vertices/polygons for Kururu's head to connect to G2F's body using Blender.  Adding new vertices will not break the old morphs if it is done carefully, i.e., keep the new vertices at the end of the mesh.  I manually edit the .OBJ file and .DSF files with Notepad++ to combine the first Kururu's head saved by DAZ Studio and the second Kururu's head (exported version of the first Kururu's head from DAZ Studio and modified using Blender, then imported back to DAZ Studio).
    This is the way I did it.  The process is very time consuming.  I wondered if there is a better way too. 

Thanks for this!  :)