mcjKinectKit for Kinect V1 and in June 2018 Kinect V2 - script and exe for DS 3, 4

123457»

Comments

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    So excited about this! I picked up a Kinect for just this purpose. :D Happy to help test when the time comes. :)
  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    Which Kinects will V2 support?
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited April 2017

The software for the kinect 360 ( which i call kinect version 1 ) exists , this forum thread was about that version

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjkinectkit001

Since i recently bought a Kinect for XBox One ( which i call V2) and the PC interface,

i will write the same type of software for it

it's 2 things,

1 - a PC-Only .exe app which obtains the poses from the kinect ( i call it the kinect server )
    2 - a Daz Studio script which launches the kinect server and animates a stickman according to the kinect poses

that same script is then used to convert the stickman animation into a daz studio figure animation
    ---
    it was mostly compatible with pre-genesis figures, but possibly works with Genesis 1, 2 and/or 3
    demonstration videos for the kinect-for-xbox 360 here: https://www.youtube.com/user/mcasual/search?query=Kinect

Overdrawn said:
    Which Kinects will V2 support?

Post edited by mCasual on
    edited May 2017

UPDATE 

my interface for the XBOX-One-Kinect-Sensor to Daz Studio started showing promising signs

( a PC-Only .exe app + a daz studio script )

i was aiming for a release tonight BUT i prefer releasing something very usable .... in May 2017

here you see the second test where the stickperson started moving ! under the Kinect V2 sensor control that is

Note: if you have the XBox One kinect sensor and your PC has the proper USB3 interface ( lots of compatibility worries there )

then these days, if i understood well, since Microsoft gave XBOX One owners the PC-adapter for free,

if you look on ebay, you can get it for $15 Brand new in the unopened package,

a few months ago it was $65 for a used one and some people were trying to sell them for $100 and more

The XBoxOne Kinect sensor itself is about $65 or $35 if you're lucky, but some sell them $100 and more

• Looking forward to your V2 version. Any update on this?

i got a bit distracted ( weeks ! )

but i will come back to it,

if you check me gallery at deviantart you can see where i was earlier in the summer

it basically works like the V1, but i want the V2 to detect and prevent poses that dont make sense ex : inverted feet, super-twisted forearms 

https://mcasual.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/&edit=0&q=kinect

i completes say 90% the guitar prop i made recently ( one of the distractions from the kinect v2 project )

after i post the guitar on my site and/or the shareCG store

i'll complete the kinect V2 kit

Looking forward to your V2 version. Any update on this?

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

i came to find out about the kinect progress, but am blown away by the guitar... wow, she's gorgeous!

(and yes, I'm pretty certain it's a 'she' - puurdeee )

looking forward to your kinect progress when you get to it!

--ms

• Thank you for the update. No need to hurry! I highly appreciate your work. Take whatever time you need.

THX

edited June 2018

Kinect V2 Kit was released yesterday June 16th 2018 !!

Beta ... but i shall improve it this summer 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/259466/kinect-v2-kit-for-daz-studio-mocap-first-beta-pcwin#latest

kkin.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 244K
  • ChrisSerketChrisSerket Posts: 202
    edited March 2020

it's compatible with genesis 8 female?
    I ask why I tried the Xbox 360 with that base and the character moved quite a bit.

Post edited by ChrisSerket on