Strand-based hair - need testers

2»

Comments

• perlkperlk Posts: 854

Unseen said:

Thank you so much for your help,barbult and perlk! Now everything works after having fit the hair to the cap in the parameters tab..I was still parenting the hair to the cap at some point and it's why it didn't work.

You were pointing at the moon and I was examining the finger! :)

Thank you again! :)

Ha ha ha! That's funny. Glad it worked for you. I'm about set to release it as a freebie, thanks to you and everyone else for testing!

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 619

You are welcome for the test! Thank you again for this hair and for all your other appreciated freebies!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    edited July 2022

Now that you've overcome those basic hurdles, start to think of other ways to use it. These are both Strand-Based Hair created on a scalp on G8F in Daz Studio. There are plenty of normal hairs in the store. I wanted to make something different for my own use. Now my renders don't have to look just like everybody else's.

Topsy 8 Alt_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Bette Strand-Based Toon Hair.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Lovely renders, barbult! yessmiley

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

i made a bunch of hairs with SBH but they never looked good, are tedious to edit, and are quite heavy on VRAM. 

Im going to learn the new Blender system, since that seems like it might give better control when spawning the hairs around style curves and controlling density.

df44avg-1aa511f7-40e0-4e31-b5e3-0f397dad06dd.jpg
    2000 x 3300 - 562K
  • perlkperlk Posts: 854

Tedious to edit - you said it, @lilweep

@barbult - I love that! 

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184

I'm a bit late to the party, but BRILLIANT progress Perlk heart