SSS Zilvergrafix iRay Shaders (now 9 shaders)

2»

Comments

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    Hellboy said:

Not as good as your examples, but here`s another test. Same settings as before but with a different lighting.

looks promising, time to apply Normal mapping! 

HoMart said:

Thanks ALL for your visit!

please post your renders here if you wish to share results about the shaders. enlightened

Thank you for sharing these shades - its a lot of fun to play with

Welcome! 

Thanks for sharing.

welcome!, happy rendering!

arch0004za.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

I have found my Iray Hitomi.  :)

A few tweaks to be made, but that is half the fun.

Going to do some postwork.  But thought I should post a raw render here to show off the shaders.

Can not thank you enough!

hitomizilver.jpg
    600 x 900 - 289K
    Ippotamus said:

I have found my Iray Hitomi.  :)

A few tweaks to be made, but that is half the fun.

Going to do some postwork.  But thought I should post a raw render here to show off the shaders.

Can not thank you enough!

very cute!, looking forward for your character, keep going!

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    Hellboy said:

Not as good as your examples, but here`s another test. Same settings as before but with a different lighting.

I tried! but somehow they are not showing. Using ridiculously high values only show a weird water surface-like pattern. Normal maps require subdivision like with displacement? (that didn`t worked for me either).

Hellboy said:
    Hellboy said:

I tried! but somehow they are not showing. Using ridiculously high values only show a weird water surface-like pattern. Normal maps require subdivision like with displacement? (that didn`t worked for me either).

Normal Map works even with Smooth OFF, try make Normal Maps from Bump Maps, Specular maps to Normal does not work, the same applies for colored images like textures, must be gray only. 

smooth OFF.jpg
    1076 x 1078 - 244K
    edited July 2015

I`m using M6 with his own normal maps, but they never show up, rising the values to notice something shows this. But I don`t want to drive away the topic from your great shaders, I`ll try with other characters! Thanks for the shaders and the help! laugh

EDIT: Seems the M6 Normal maps only includes muscle definition, no skin detail... cheeky

EDIT 2: Creating the normal maps from the bump map works like a charm, you have no idea how much you`ve helped me!

Captura de pantalla 2015-07-13 a las 20.50.25.png
    626 x 792 - 1M
    Post edited by Soto on
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited July 2015

Hi Zilver, thanks again for shader/education, I followed your instructions to a T, I never used SSS shaders, this was my very first attempt, and I'm quite impressed.  Now, I just need to learn to tweak all the settings.  Here's a 100 iteration render.  Also love viewing your gallery, fantastic renders !

Genesis SSS.jpg
    480 x 720 - 221K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    Hellboy said:

I`m using M6 with his own normal maps, but they never show up, rising the values to notice something shows this. But I don`t want to drive away the topic from your great shaders, I`ll try with other characters! Thanks for the shaders and the help! laugh

EDIT: Seems the M6 Normal maps only includes muscle definition, no skin detail... cheeky

EDIT 2: Creating the normal maps from the bump map works like a charm, you have no idea how much you`ve helped me!

I'm glad you are finding your own way to discover more and more of iRay and new capabilities of it, keep learning! 

awesomefb said:

Hi Zilver, thanks again for shader/education, I followed your instructions to a T, I never used SSS shaders, this was my very first attempt, and I'm quite impressed.  Now, I just need to learn to tweak all the settings.  Here's a 100 iteration render.  Also love viewing your gallery, fantastic renders !

Thanks for viewing and great Victoria Render!, don't be afraid of tweak the settings, after all, you have +5 SSS options to restart again! 

UPDATE: NOW 9 SSS SHADERS INCLUDED.

Thanks!

Hellboy said:

Thanks!

welcome!

happy renderings!