Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.1.69, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

1111213141517»

Comments

• ExitofExitof Posts: 50

I absolutely hate that DIM is now the default. I have about 3600 products, and in DazCentral, there is an image shown for each. The lack of thumbnails in DIM is stupid beyond belief if it's replacing DazCentral.

Further, spamming us with ads? Really? I close the stupid ad at the bottom, but it just pops back up.

You already got plenty of my money, stop spamming me with ads!

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited July 26

Exitof said:

I absolutely hate that DIM is now the default. I have about 3600 products, and in DazCentral, there is an image shown for each. The lack of thumbnails in DIM is stupid beyond belief if it's replacing DazCentral.

Further, spamming us with ads? Really? I close the stupid ad at the bottom, but it just pops back up.

You already got plenty of my money, stop spamming me with ads!

I've never used DAZ Central, but I agree with you 110% on the ads!!!

Maybe eliminating them could be a DAZ+ perk... laugh

Post edited by WandW on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,279

Some of the notifications have been for freebies, soem have beene xclusive offers.

We know that daz was looking at adding a grid view to DIM (with images) - whether that is still open I have no idea, the focus has been on Daz Studio for most of this year.

Richard Haseltine said:

Some of the notifications have been for freebies, soem have beene xclusive offers.

We know that Daz was looking at adding a grid view to DIM (with images) - whether that is still open I have no idea, the focus has been on Daz Studio for most of this year.

Yes the grid view iss till on the docket - but yes, the primary focus recently has been DS (as witness the number of new Public Builds).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited July 27

Richard Haseltine said:

kyoto kid said:

..IM losing saved password again   The Remember Me box is checked but have to keep reinserting the password from  my password locker everytime it opens.  

Which suggests an issue with the .ini file thats tores details of settings. Is it also losing other settings and options, or just the password?

...just the password.  After manually copying it from my password locker and making sure the "remember me" box was checked it worked for a while then tonight (Friday 07/26) [failed] again. I refreshed the browser but it still didn't auto-insert 

I've been having issues with some pages in chrome opening in basic HTML mode and others just showing up blank. I had to shut Chrome down anew reopen it to get that to stop. Also earlier today a couple images i linked to in a post on the forums wouldn't show up but after I refreshed the browser, they did. . 

BAsed on that, I'm wondering if it may be something to do with Chrome not completely populating data where itneeds to go.  

When I was having this trouble with the Install Manager auto loading my password a couple years ago I'd always find the .ini and default.json files on the desktop.  That has not happened in either of these more recent cases.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

kyoto kid said:

Richard Haseltine said:

kyoto kid said:

..IM losing saved password again   The Remember Me box is checked but have to keep reinserting the password from  my password locker everytime it opens.  

Which suggests an issue with the .ini file thats tores details of settings. Is it also losing other settings and options, or just the password?

...just the password.  After manually copying it from my password locker and making sure the "remember me" box was checked it worked for a while then tonight (Friday 07/26) [failed] again. I refreshed the browser but it still didn't auto-insert 

I've been having issues with some pages in chrome opening in basic HTML mode and others just showing up blank. I had to shut Chrome down anew reopen it to get that to stop. Also earlier today a couple images i linked to in a post on the forums wouldn't show up but after I refreshed the browser, they did. . 

BAsed on that, I'm wondering if it may be something to do with Chrome not completely populating data where itneeds to go.  

When I was having this trouble with the Install Manager auto loading my password a couple years ago I'd always find the .ini and default.json files on the desktop.  That has not happened in either of these more recent cases.

So this is the browser, not DIM? The thread is on DIM so I had assumed that was the issue.

...that is just a guess, not 100% certain. as failure to fill the password field never was the case before with Chrome, that was an issue which often occurred after a new update to the Install Manager was released.

One point though, this could not be due to a recent Chrome update. I have not been receiving updates for it since January of last year as I am still on Win 7. Pro and Google has since ceased supporting the OS with updates. The situation with pages not always loading properly occurred well before that date but didn't appear to affect the IM.

kyoto kid said:

...that is just a guess, not 100% certain. as failure to fill the password field never was the case before with Chrome, that was an issue which often occurred after a new update to the Install Manager was released.

One point though, this could not be due to a recent Chrome update. I have not been receiving updates for it since January of last year as I am still on Win 7. Pro and Google has since ceased supporting the OS with updates. The situation with pages not always loading properly occurred well before that date but didn't appear to affect the IM.

So both DIM and Chrome are occasioanly forgetting your log-in details?

...yes.

That does sound more like a system issue than a DIM-specific issue.

• Paul PettyPaul Petty Posts: 48

I need Content manager so I can see what I have that was a superior utility I am 61 and need to see the large thumbnaials this I only ever used to batch load if I bought a new computer it is useless to me for everday work I can see this the beginning of the end for many daz users

Paul Petty said:

I need Content manager so I can see what I have that was a superior utility I am 61 and need to see the large thumbnaials this I only ever used to batch load if I bought a new computer it is useless to me for everday work I can see this the beginning of the end for many daz users

You mean Daz Central? Adding a grid view is still on the list, and in the meantime you can download thumbnails (at a size set in preferences) from the right-click menu and they will appear in a tool tip whehn you hover the mouse over an item.

edited July 29

Richard Haseltine said:

That does sound more like a system issue than a DIM-specific issue.

...not sure why, I've made no major changes to the OS or setup in years. As I mentioned I receive no new updates for wither the OS (since January of 2020) or Chrome (since January of 2023).   I do have a pretty hefty AV (which I have been using or many many years) and if there was an issue with it, a popup with a warning or message would appear.

The IM also works outside of Chrome so on spite of my speculation earlier, it can't be anything there causing this, and I've had he same IS provider for years

Otherwise it both downloads and installs are really quick (even for those big 1 GB  flies) compared to the past.  Just a bother when i have to go to the password locker to copy and paste it in.  every once in a while

I also so checked the logfile for that night and didn't see anything that was out of the ordinary just that the login procedure didn't occur because there was no password, but there was nothing, no error statement about the password missing or not loading like it should have even though the "Remember" box was checked.  It apparently read the .ini properly however there was without the password loaded no login was possible    After the previous session on the 14th after completing the download/install process it ended with: 

2024-07-14 11:56:54.315 [INFO] :: Saving Account Settings: Account
    2024-07-14 11:56:54.362 [INFO] :: Logging out...
    2024-07-14 11:56:54.581 [INFO] :: Logged out
    2024-07-14 11:56:55.236 --------------- Install Manager 1.4.1.69 exited 

So supposedly it saved the login information (password) after that session so it should have been there.o nthe 26th s I did not use the IM until then.

Strange.

Post edited by kyoto kid on