Tutorials - 29 Dec - Let's Make Clothing 3 pt2

13»

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited March 2016

PART TWO!!!  We make a very long dress mesh, clothing figure, uvmap, morph.

link retired

cover.png
    773 x 1000 - 426K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • JQPJQP Posts: 511
    Quite the treasure trove here. Thank you for your generosity, Patience. I have only skimmed the thread as of yet, so this may have been addressed; this link (from the original post) is dead: Oct 2015 - "Making Figure Props"
  • JQPJQP Posts: 511
    Actually I'm getting 404s for every tutorial in this thread.

Yes I do not leave things up forever. My tutorial folder at Deviantart changes from time to time. I have also started releasing tutorials over at R.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Yes I do not leave things up forever. My tutorial folder at Deviantart changes from time to time. I have also started releasing tutorials over at R.

What is your name at R so we can find them? I'm slowly figuring these things out but it takes much longer.

What is your name at R so we can find them? I'm slowly figuring these things out but it takes much longer.

Oh sorry, I should have said. It's boudicca36 at Renderosity. And Catherine3678a at Deviant Art.

edited March 2016

Oh sorry, I should have said. It's boudicca36 at Renderosity. And Catherine3678a at Deviant Art.

Thanks.

Ugh, I'll have to skip Renderosity - I can't get search to work properly or hardly anything else there. That site is so slow...

I'll have to stick with Blender clothing tutorials and the DAZ tutorials for importing those.

Thanks very much though.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Yes I do not leave things up forever. My tutorial folder at Deviantart changes from time to time. I have also started releasing tutorials over at R.

Thanks.

Ugh, I'll have to skip Renderosity - I can't get search to work properly or hardly anything else there. That site is so slow...

I'll have to stick with Blender clothing tutorials and the DAZ tutorials for importing those.

Thanks very much though.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=725053 I did a Google search on her username and got a link to her activity feed, then went from there to her free stuff link on that page.

Thanks.

Thanks very much though.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=725053 I did a Google search on her username and got a link to her activity feed, then went from there to her free stuff link on that page.

Thanks though it's beyond me how anybody shops at Renderosity the the SW they are using. smiley

• Yes I do not leave things up forever. My tutorial folder at Deviantart changes from time to time. I have also started releasing tutorials over at R.

Thanks.

Thanks very much though.

Thanks though it's beyond me how anybody shops at Renderosity the the SW they are using. smiley

You're welcome, and I haven't bought anything from them in years, so I don't remember if the software is the same as when I did buy stuff.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

I actually have more trouble here than at Rendo 

I'd suspect that it has something to do with location but I'm about midway between the two so don't know if that suspicion holds water

edited March 2016

Thanks.

Thanks very much though.

What search problems? All you do is sign in and go to their Freestuffs page - what's new. First page. Right there ;-)

Site is faster than several of the others. What may be slowing down your browser would be required updates for Flash, etc. and/or have to do with letting scripts run.

At any rate I do have a new clothing tutorial hosted at Deviantart and pending approval over at Renderosity.

Making Clothing for G3 as in Genesis 3F and 3M. The Cross Figure is also employed and that is sold here at Daz3D. A great time saver ;-)

Making Clothes for G3 Cover.png
    928 x 1200 - 2M

Thanks. I'll not post the link to the Rendo Site Search Engine but I tried to put your Rendo avatar name in their Rendo search engine and their results couldn't find you, so thanks for that link you posted earlier. I do indend to buy the Crossdresser as some of the clothing is Unisex in style that I want to make.

I could be wrong but I think that search engine is for "vendors" and I do not have a store there. I'll try sending you a PM.

I lucked into Cross Figure when it first came out on sale ... unless one is in business and/or truly in a hurry, one may wish to wait for another sale on it ;-) Nice thing in this store, always there's a sale.

edited March 2016

Oh, I found them once I got to the Free Stuff. I have yet to buy the Cross Dresser though. Thanks.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Okay good, I did get the PMs sent. Made another forum software discovery, it's adding ";" to the links invalidating them. Sigh.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Oh, I found them once I got to the Free Stuff. I have yet to buy the Cross Dresser though. Thanks.

Cross Dresser is not the same as Cross Figure Resource.  The former is not sold here, it is by EvilInnocence.  The latter is sold here and is what I believe is what patience55 is referencing.  Just to help avoid some confusion.

Dana

@DanaTA Oh, I meant Cross Figure not Cross Dresser. I guess I was thinking more in terms of their clothes transferring and not the morphs and shapes of the figures themselves. Lucky, I have both the Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 versions of Cross Figure saved in my wishlist. Thanks though that you kept others from going off and buying the wrong producted needed to do those tutorials.

@patience55 Thanks. I got your PM and save it with the links and plan on buying the Genesis Cross Figure product soon so I can do the latest tutorial.

Good catch DanaTA, yes I use the Cross Figure which I linked somewhere up in the posts. I do not own the other one.

OK, so I bought the Genesis 3 Cross Figure and even though it's not needed, the Genesis 2 Cross Figure and I'm trying to learn to make PBR textures and maps for people, then LAMH or Hairworks hair, and then clothing...so I'll get there. Thanks very much.

edited April 2016

You're quite welcome.

I don't have the G2 cross over but it should come in handy for some projects too.

Not familiar with Hairworks, many like LAMH and the player is free [so other people can use redistributed files]. I do have the Garibaldi Express Hair System which I like very much but there is no free viewer. However whether using LAMH or Garibaldi, one needs the .obj export esp. for rendering with certain of the render engines. And much as I love Hexagon, that is beyond its memory capabilities. The higher end modelers have "fibermesh" hair ... Zbrush for example. For working with Garibaldi [not sure about the others] one does need to use the uvset that was collapsed on the G3 figures as it paints on them. Easy to make, G3 export with uvmaps collapsed, then "load new uvset", browse for select that export, name it and save it. I used the bridge to Hexagon which also put the mesh to base first.

You're quite welcome.

I don't have the G2 cross over but it should come in handy for some projects too.

Not familiar with Hairworks, many like LAMH and the player is free [so other people can use redistributed files]. I do have the Garibaldi Express Hair System which I like very much but there is no free viewer. However whether using LAMH or Garibaldi, one needs the .obj export esp. for rendering with certain of the render engines. And much as I love Hexagon, that is beyond its memory capabilities. The higher end modelers have "fibermesh" hair ... Zbrush for example. For working with Garibaldi [not sure about the others] one does need to use the uvset that was collapsed on the G3 figures as it paints on them. Easy to make, G3 export with uvmaps collapsed, then "load new uvset", browse for select that export, name it and save it. I used the bridge to Hexagon which also put the mesh to base first.

Thanks. I'll add this Garibaldi Hair to my future shopping list. The demonstration pictures look very impressive. I'm still hoping the a combination of nVidia Hairworks /  Hairworks plugin for Blender will be the best solution because there is a port of Hairworks to the Unity engine (although it's too heavy for most current HW). 

• CherubitCherubit Posts: 992
    edited April 2016
    taemimun said:

Hello, Patience! Thank you so much for the amazing tutorials! Have you seen...? The DS Creative magazine is looking for people who want to upload tutorials...

You're welcome.

Oh I love those magazines ... but was rather under the impression that the articles are by Pros which I'm not.

Anyone can write tutorials for them, and there are prizes now every month for the best tutorial. :) All levels of tutorials are allowed, and submitting just quick hints are also accepted. Sorry for the late reply, only now I saw it!

Post edited by Cherubit on

It's okay, I'm not buzzing around here as much either.

Have managed to get a few tutorials out and uploaded at DA and Renderosity.