Easy Environments: Vertigo Tower (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 894

Thanks for the friendly feedback :)
    I really like 3DL myself, so keeping supporting it isn`t even a question for me. ;)

Hi there!

Easy Environments: Winter II Night & Dawn is now available in the store. :)

Daz made a small change to the product description. Since I feel the text might be confusing now, quick info:
    The last line on the product page reads "The Iray scenes require Easy Environments: Winter II"

This does not refer to the actual product (the Skyspheres / HDRIs).  Iray users do not need the Winter II set to load the night and dawn HDRIs.
    The scene files referenced in the text load the geometry from Winter II, but with re-adjusted materials.
    I added them because combining the sets didn`t look good without those material adjustments, and I felt owners of Winter II shouldn`t have to bother with material adjustments on their end.
    In my original product description I didn`t mention those files at all, as I didn`t see them as part of this product, but rather as a material fix for owners of Winter II.

End of transmission. ;) I hope you`ll enjoy the new Skyspheres/HDRIs :)

• I grew up in Montana - those look so much like home!  right into the cart

I grew up in Montana - those look so much like home!  right into the cart

I can`t claim I had any specific region in mind doing it, but happy to hear it looks realistic enough.
    Montana must have some really wide plains. ;)

• I grew up in Montana - those look so much like home!  right into the cart

I'm just North of you (Alberta) and yes, this looks like the view outside my dining room window :-)  In my cart, too - and thank you again, Flipmode, for putting out something new I can use, and that I can use for this blasted sale ;-)

• cimenroller2cimenroller2 Posts: 76
    edited March 2019

could you update them for IRAY I don't use 3dlights these days.

Post edited by cimenroller2 on

could you update them for IRAY I don't use 3dlights these days.

Hi :) All my releases since"Snowy Mountains" come with Iray versions. The Daz store (https://www.daz3d.com/flipmode) lists them in order of release and the product pages should have that info.
    I have also tagged all Easy Environments with Iray support on my tips&tricks page as HDRI (http://flipmode3d.com/easy-environments/).

If you are refering to the older ones, no I can`t properly update them (well, not in a reasonable time), because I didn`t produce HDR images back then.

Hi there!

Here`s an early preview for the next set, ExoPlanet V.
    I usually wait for a set to pass testing before I post it here, to keep the gap to the actual release short, but I am kinda eager to show it already.

Also, I had a super tough time deciding which of those two images should be the main image for the store. The other one had to go to the bin in favour of horizontal images.

Hope you like it!

wc

wc

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

Looking great!

Thanks Leana, you`re a reliable source for feel-good comments. ;)

Flipmode said:

Thanks Leana, you`re a reliable source for feel-good comments. ;)

lol thanks, but that's easy when you're a reliable source for great content ;)

• That looks gorgeous!  As I am in need of alien-ish worlds, I am now really excited... 3DL, too? (insert big hopeful puppy eyes)

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

Wow - this looks great! The Exo series is really exciting!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Will this also only be availble at Rendo?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

I love your sets. I use them quite frequently :) The sci-fi ones especially really grab me. LOL

Laurie

Thanks for the kind comments guys, glad you like the previews.:)

That looks gorgeous!  As I am in need of alien-ish worlds, I am now really excited... 3DL, too? (insert big hopeful puppy eyes)

Yes, of course! I am not ditching 3DL. It`s Iray, 3DL, Poser, as usual with the series. (I wouldn`t mind ditching Poser though tbh., but it has a couple of users too who want new products)

scorpio said:

Will this also only be availble at Rendo?

Lol, no. I think Daz would have my head if I announced a set here and released it elsewhere. ;)

• Yay! :-)  I am pouring virtual libations of gratitude on your virtual feet, feel free to splash. :-) 

Flipmode said:

Yes, of course! I am not ditching 3DL. It`s Iray, 3DL, Poser, as usual with the series. (I wouldn`t mind ditching Poser though tbh., but it has a couple of users too who want new products)

Well, I take what I can get, but no gratitude needed here.
    Like I said on the other thread, I like 3DL and think it`s in my own interest to support it. wink

Flipmode said:

Like I said on the other thread, I like 3DL and think it`s in my own interest to support it. wink

Well we 3DL users are certaily glad you think that way :)

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787

Ditto ... I'm a hardcore 3DL user, too, so am loyal to 3DL vendors.

Ditto ... I'm a hardcore 3DL user, too, so am loyal to 3DL vendors.

Almost sounds like I am not on your blacklist anymore for turning cubes into spheres. ;)
    -

ExoPlanet V is moving fast through QA, so here`s a couple more images. Two of them being quite similar, but one is 3DL, one Iray.

wc

wc

wc

I don't use the spheres ... I do use your lights and props alongside your boxes, though. :) ... I still keep the sphere in my runtime and consider them when starting a scene, but I inevitably end up picking a box. They just work better for my needs. Someone should create a tool to convert the spheres into cubes. I'd buy that instantly.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

I see myself parting with more money in my very near future....

;)

Laurie

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

just a quick & dirty question - since i don't wanna read every single post from 11 pages...

got terradome 3 a while ago... (still struggling tho with how to use it not only as a background-pic creating tool but also to place human figures in it and still see a nice landscape - tho it is NOT the question, i'll find a tuto for this).
    and when i just want a very very fast bgd solution i have the millEnviro+Playsets+Cyclorama and a few of their materials/scenes.
    but now i see this thread/product here... with seemingly a lot of different "worlds"/landscapes...

Q -> what is basically the difference or the advantages/disadvantages of /between Terradome 3 and the Easy Environments?

EE is super ... you know ... easy to use. In seconds I have great sky and lighting for almost all of my scenes. Plays really well with other stuff. Almost all of my book covers have SOMETHING, even if just the lights, from an EE product.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

I have and like both:

Easy is easy and looks really good. Terradome has way more options and flexibility, maybe not quite as good for any specific scene.

edited April 2019

EE is super ... you know ... easy to use. In seconds I have great sky and lighting for almost all of my scenes. Plays really well with other stuff. Almost all of my book covers have SOMETHING, even if just the lights, from an EE product.

Oso3D said:

I have and like both:

Easy is easy and looks really good. Terradome has way more options and flexibility, maybe not quite as good for any specific scene.

lmao.. i love clear and explicative answers! very detailed, guys  laugh cheeky

EDIT: well i wishlisted a bunch of'm... now, one precise question about the newer ones with HDRI - how heavy are the HDRI? like, i love those made by Orestes, i bought Harvest Moon... but i can't really use it, the HDR are so huge they crash or lag my system big time. i even tried a converter somewhere but then the quality was awful, pixelated and the colors to cry. so if those from the EE are also that big, i'll have the same issue..

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

but i can't really use it, the HDR are so huge they crash or lag my system big time. i even tried a converter somewhere but then the quality was awful, pixelated and the colors to cry.

Did this converter have the ability to manipulate actual large-scale HDR files? As it says on the tin, they're not conventional images, they're High Dynamic Range — made to include really dark blacks and really bright whites as well as the midtones found in normal jpg images. If what came out of the converter wasn't H in the DR any more, "awful quality" is pretty much to be expected (especially if you use it as an environment background as well as an environment light).

but i can't really use it, the HDR are so huge they crash or lag my system big time. i even tried a converter somewhere but then the quality was awful, pixelated and the colors to cry.

Did this converter have the ability to manipulate actual large-scale HDR files? As it says on the tin, they're not conventional images, they're High Dynamic Range — made to include really dark blacks and really bright whites as well as the midtones found in normal jpg images. If what came out of the converter wasn't H in the DR any more, "awful quality" is pretty much to be expected (especially if you use it as an environment background as well as an environment light).

yeah, this converter pretended to be specialized for HDRI large-scale conversion. maybe i bugged while doing it, dunno. i deleted the app afterwards. and didn't try further, as i'm not exactly a focusing person. when things don't work out and i lose interest, i just kinda jump to something else...

edited April 2019

lmao.. i love clear and explicative answers! very detailed, guys  laugh cheeky

EDIT: well i wishlisted a bunch of'm... now, one precise question about the newer ones with HDRI - how heavy are the HDRI? like, i love those made by Orestes, i bought Harvest Moon... but i can't really use it, the HDR are so huge they crash or lag my system big time. i even tried a converter somewhere but then the quality was awful, pixelated and the colors to cry. so if those from the EE are also that big, i'll have the same issue..

Hi manekiNeko!
    Glad to see the series caught your interest. :)

The Easy Environments HDRIs (.exr) are in the 40 to 60 MB range.
    The non-HDRI 3Delight versions (.jpg) vary wildly from set to set, from about 20 to 50 MB.

Differences to Terradome 3 ... I`d say quite a lot, from handling to purpose.
    -Terradome has a relatively big geometry plane, with morphs and shaders. Hills/mountains are to be dialed in on that plane, and usually surround your character. The HDRI skies cover the upper half of your scene.
    -Easy Environments usually cover a comparatively small, fixed area with geometry. I think "less flexible, more focussed" would be fair to say here. The HDRIs always cover the whole scene, sky in the upper half, landscape in the lower half.

In general Terradome 3 renders are likely to display more geometry, Easy Environment renders are likely to display more of the HDRI/Skysphere.
    Terragen 3 tends to put your figures in a valley, Easy Environments tend to put your figures in a high position overlooking a wide landscape (the HDRI).

I hope I managed to keep this informal, but of course I am biased on the topic.

Post edited by Flipmode on