Easy Environments: Vertigo Tower (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• Lol ... I might not use the skydome, because I'm addicted to the skyboxes, but trees or bushes or grass, or anything in nature that has movement morphs and still uses Daz3DL is a strong lure, lol.

• Terribly disappointed that I can't buy it yet.

• Terribly disappointed that I can't buy it yet.

Same here actually ;) I thought it would be released by now, but it seems to be running a bit late.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967
    Flipmode said:

Terribly disappointed that I can't buy it yet.

Same here actually ;) I thought it would be released by now, but it seems to be running a bit late.

Got lost in the sandstorm? cheeky

• lol, probably. Gotta pick my themes more carefully ;)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967
    Flipmode said:

lol, probably. Gotta pick my themes more carefully ;)

So next up from you will be Easy Environemnts: Cash Register? surprisecheeky

• Maybe too obvious ;)
    For now lets hope sandstorm comes rolling in soon

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,916
    Flipmode said:

Thanks JOdel and Willow, glad you`re interested. :)
    So, morphs is how I can lure you in these days Willow, good to know!
    (Got footprint morphs on offer too, see 2nd image) ;)

wc

wc

So it's out today and yes looking good!, I wonder how are the render times of images like those above in Iray, are those dustclousds made with planes or a similar "simple struckture orw full atmosphereic props?

• Hi Linwelly,

Gah, I had spent so much time failing to fix the (unreleased) Poser version, I forgot about render times so I re-rendered the image to avoid telling nonsense. ;)

The dustclouds are simple x-planes split into 4 props you can hide/show (2x puffs, 2x drifts).
    The puffs are placed around the center and look fine from most angles, the drifts are a bit more angle-sensitive. The majority of the actual sandstorm happens in the skysphere/hdri.

Rendertimes:
    I rendered with "Rendering Quality" set to 4, and "Rendering Converged Ratio" set to 99.9.
    That took 5 mins 50 seconds, at roughly 2000 iterations. (on a 2080Ti and a rather old i5 cpu)
    Tbh. after about 2 minutes I don`t see much changes anymore though.

@Flipmode Thanks a lot for taking the time and checking that for me!

That's why I like using planes, it's going easy on the resources, now I will test how well its combines with the oasis :D

• If you mean the Easy Environments oasis ... I didn`t try it, but the outside dunes are relatively high there, they might cover up the sandstorm in the hdri.
    I think the surfaces should look ok in Iray, despite being for 3Delight.

Link to the Sandstorm promos in 1080p (I tried a smaller size for the Daz store hoping for less compression artefacts) >
    http://flipmode3d.com/easy-environments-sandstorm/

• Could the dustclouds be modified to look like fog or steam or mist in other environments, scenes?

Could the dustclouds be modified to look like fog or steam or mist in other environments, scenes?

Should be working rather easy as the map employed it the opacity map and the rest goes by colour, so if you give it a different colour it should be find for anything else

• Could the dustclouds be modified to look like fog or steam or mist in other environments, scenes?

I`d give that a "kinda ... but not really" ;)

The textures are made to look like small puffs, which isn`t very fog-like. Plus the props sit on the terrain (especially the drifts) and wouldn`t fit with another environment too well.

edited September 2019

Here is a quick test using the oasis in the Sandstorm, Only changed the water to an Iray shadre preset

Sandstorm-oasis.png
    1000 x 540 - 811K
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • Doh, that looks a lot better than I thought it would, the water looks kinda magical there, like a healing spring or something. ;)
    The foreground DoF is yes

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited September 2019

Super enviroment I'm going to get a ton of use out of this , Thanks flip mode

click for full size image ... this is a huge panroramic 6500 x 2000

The Light Of The Storm  

Post edited by Ivy on
  • That`s a lovely thing to look at right after waking up, thanks :)

Crazy size ... but it`s a very good sign when looking at it fitting the screen makes you want to zoom in for the details, and looking at it full size makes you want to zoom out to see the whole thing again.

Thank you flip mode. lol.  I added the god-rays and the sun lens flare with my free panes http://www.sharecg.com/v/92902/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Ivys-Magic-Pane-prop  to make the scene more dramatic. it was a good effect for this render and a time saver not having to do them in Photoshop in post work ,  I like to do things outside the box .. that s why i though this would be a good scene for a huge panoramic scene.

i love the morph dials on the trees that going to be a nice feature when it comes time to use them in animation.  the hdr is as beautiful as your other set;'s sky domes.  & I really appreciate you making the 3dl version for this set . like i mentioned before I will get lots of use form th set you never disappoint  smiley

• Makes me happy to hear you enjoy the set :)

I was actually kinda curious about the god-rays, they seemed better integrated into the scene than I would expect from post-work.
    I guess some post-work expert could get similar results, but interesting to read you`ve done it with your own prop. yes

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

I love the idea of volumetrics but planes work so much easier. 

• Tbh. I don`t know much about volumetrics in Iray.
    I once toyed around and made a simple fog cube (which I failed to replicate at a later point), but I have no clue how you would do something with real shape like clouds.
    Since I want my sets to look more or less alike on 3Delight and Iray it just never has been a big focus, planes make more sense for that. 
    Camera-facing billboards would be a good compromise in many cases, but I don`t think it`s working properly in Daz Studio, let alone Poser.

• Linwelly said:

Here is a quick test using the oasis in the Sandstorm, Only changed the water to an Iray shadre preset

Kinda looks like steam .. sorta like images from Yellowstone

• Ivy said:

Thank you flip mode. lol.  I added the god-rays and the sun lens flare with my free panes http://www.sharecg.com/v/92902/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Ivys-Magic-Pane-prop  to make the scene more dramatic. it was a good effect for this render and a time saver not having to do them in Photoshop in post work ,  I like to do things outside the box .. that s why i though this would be a good scene for a huge panoramic scene.

i love the morph dials on the trees that going to be a nice feature when it comes time to use them in animation.  the hdr is as beautiful as your other set;'s sky domes.  & I really appreciate you making the 3dl version for this set . like i mentioned before I will get lots of use form th set you never disappoint  smiley

I just downloaded your prop, Ivy. I hope it comes with usage instructions because that looks amazing ... especially since I'm a 3DL person and find it harder and harder to get good 3L tools. 

edited September 2019

Hi Willow. its pretty straight forward. load your scene and when your ready to add  god rays or fog effect,  then just load the pane and locate or put it in between the camera and your focal point in the scene once you do that , you just scale or translate the pane into position where you need it. there is both iray and 3dl presets. I think you'll like it once you use it once or twice smiley

Post edited by Ivy on
  • FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 894

Good morning!

Winter is ...here, and a set fitting the season is coming. :)
    It`s called Easy Environments: Frozen Lake.
    It features (-surprise-) a frozen lake, a snowy road alongside it, and two skyspheres/HDRIs (close and wide mountains).
    The terrain has footprint- and a bumpiness morph.
    The ice has a "broken" option, and a simplistic (rather cartoon style) fishing hole option.
    I hope you`ll like it!

Easy Environments: Frozen Lake (3Delight & Iray) Previews:

wc

wc

wc

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 2019

The snow and ice lake look great !!!

Well done !

Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787

Gotta get this one :)

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 894

Thanks Midnight!

Ha! @ Willow. laugh  Since the switch from skyboxes it`s like a meta-game for me to get you interested in a set. smiley

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787

lol ... I'm sure I'll try to use a skybox with the set, lol