Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Blando Calrissian said:

Just finished adding a zillion lights to VanishingPoint's RMS Titanic. I'm pretty pleased with this model, although I do wish that there was a way to add interior lights below B Deck.

The ocean is from another June pickup, Predatron's excellent Along the Prom.

Titanic at night

Oh wow, WOW! This looks just amazing. Must have taken ages to render, with so much dark space! How did you make the background, that cloudy night sky - HDRI I suppose?

Also @MelanieL, I love the Poetria gown render. It's really one of my favorite dresses so far, and you're making it look so soft.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Blando Calrissian said:

Just finished adding a zillion lights to VanishingPoint's RMS Titanic. I'm pretty pleased with this model, although I do wish that there was a way to add interior lights below B Deck.

Titanic at night

That looks good! Great job, but I've got a bad feeling about this voyage. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

tsroemi said:

Oh wow, WOW! This looks just amazing. Must have taken ages to render, with so much dark space! How did you make the background, that cloudy night sky - HDRI I suppose?

Also @MelanieL, I love the Poetria gown render. It's really one of my favorite dresses so far, and you're making it look so soft.

Thank you! I never knew Lully's clothing before the move to the Daz store - I've hoovered up quite a lot of them and love them so far.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189
    edited June 16

Something I could find on my last product page.

I had to add a bikini, as there wasn't any recent. Considered using some rabbits, but that would probably be borderline.

Recent_purchases_202405.png
    1800 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by felis on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,520

I needed to pick up a new release to trigger some sales the other day, and I figured the Galactic Dancer outfit was at least something I could have fun with.

After back converting it to G8F (which is still what most of my characters are on), I kicked off with Whisky, whose measurements mean she's already reluctantly familiar with uncomfortable underwear:

Gallery Link

(I'm also pretty happy with the chain here, which is my own modification to the materials of Sickleyield's dForce chain)

~~~~~

And because it's me, I obviously also think it's funny to put it on Jade as well:

Gallery Link

• tsroemi said:

Blando Calrissian said:

I used Dimension Theory's Skies of Radience Night Skies HDRIs for the background.

TBH I may have to try out the Orestes Iray HDRI Skydomes - A Night in August one of these days as well, to try to match the clear and moonless skies that the actual Titanic sailed under during her only voyage.

• Matt_Castle said:

I needed to pick up a new release to trigger some sales the other day, and I figured the Galactic Dancer outfit was at least something I could have fun with.

And because it's me, I obviously also think it's funny to put it on Jade as well:

Gallery Link

Now that is a very stylish Centaur!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Blando Calrissian said:

tsroemi said:

Blando Calrissian said:

I used Dimension Theory's Skies of Radience Night Skies HDRIs for the background.

TBH I may have to try out the Orestes Iray HDRI Skydomes - A Night in August one of these days as well, to try to match the clear and moonless skies that the actual Titanic sailed under during her only voyage.

Thank you, that's great, I have these!  

• sidsid Posts: 432
    edited June 20

Trying the new Raiya bundle. Also picked up their Lenore character with the featured artist discount. Didn't love these girls as much as I liked Brion and Tiffany, but I think I am happy to buy these characters for their personality and dial in other charactesr to find the definition I prefer.

Their textures are very smooth.

Great to see an outoftouch hair with the new shader, look foward to more.

RYtest.jpg
    2000 x 3000 - 3M
    Post edited by sid on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

I finally got a chance to play with DS a bit. I wanted to use the stuff I got from the STF Tribal series of products (outstanding stuff from Strangfate and Roguey). This is what I came up with.

Image Title: From the Shadows .....

Back Story:
    "Queen Zarina, the revered leader of the Amazon warriors, approached the entrance of the ancient, overgrown temple. Vines cascaded down the weathered stone walls, their emerald tendrils hiding the secrets within. Zarina's heart pounded with a mix of excitement and trepidation as she ventured deeper into the shadowy corridors. Her senses heightened as every movement echoed through the silence becoming alert to every whisper of movement. Her mission was clear: retrieve the sacred artifact said to hold the power to protect her people from the encroachment of the outside world. The air grew thick with the scent of damp earth and forgotten history. As she approached the central chamber, an eerie chill ran down her spine.

Without warning, a figure emerged from the shadows, cloaked in darkness and menace. The attacker moved with the stealth of a predator, striking swiftly. Zarina's reflexes kicked in, her warrior instincts honed from years of battle. She prepared to deflect the first blow with her shield. In the dim light, she caught a glimpse of her assailant's eyes—cold, calculating, and filled with malice."

Note: Please zoom to full resolution to see the great details.

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Crossposted from Daz+ forum.

The Priestess

New items used: FN Eleanor for G9TF Mystic Moon TiaraGothic Lace ShadersSY Magic Portals (partially invisible because of all the postwork blush), and Ron's Antique Glass Plate Textures (partially responsible for the amount of postwork). Other items and original render for comparison in the gallery.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774
    edited June 25

Released today Colm Jackson Luna ...CJ Luna HD For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

CJ LUNA 4.jpg
    800 x 640 - 247K
    Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

Nice! She's in my cart, and your render convinces me she should stay there ;)

joanna said:

daveso said:

Nice! She's in my cart, and your render convinces me she should stay there ;)

Thanks.I like her a lot overall. I need to get a bit better lighting though.  

daveso said:

Since you seem to be into portraits at the moment, do you own https://www.daz3d.com/perfect-portrait-lights? I find them easy to use with some great results, and it might be a cool starting point. There's also a nice 3-part tutorial by Dreamlight that covers a lot of basics about light (not sure what level of knowledge you're looking for, so throwing it in just in case).

joanna said:

daveso said:

Since you seem to be into portraits at the moment, do you own https://www.daz3d.com/perfect-portrait-lights? I find them easy to use with some great results, and it might be a cool starting point. There's also a nice 3-part tutorial by Dreamlight that covers a lot of basics about light (not sure what level of knowledge you're looking for, so throwing it in just in case).

Thanks. Of course I have those lights laugh Yeah, but forgot all about them...thanks for getting me to check them out.  

daveso said:

joanna said:

daveso said:

Thanks. Of course I have those lights laugh Yeah, but forgot all about them...thanks for getting me to check them out.  

You're welcome. This is what this (and its sister) thread is for. And the lights are really unassuming with their icon, so it's easy to forget. Every time I want to use them, I can't find them in my smart content, even though I know exactly what I'm looking for laugh 

edited June 26

Luna from Colm Jackson. CJ Luna HD For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D
    Rhiannon Goddess bikini for G8F from that other place.

luna goddess 2.jpg
    1276 x 1440 - 1M
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Crosspost from Daz+ forum.

Friends Going To Battle

My first attempt at portraying Kamira and Veelk, two friends from the epic fantasy series.

New items used: CJ Zarina (edited with morphs and with a skin swap), Mega Updo 3 Hair for G9, and Arcane VFX. More items in the gallery (I also used some shaders that I got at the end of April, so almost within the time limit).

Both Zarina and Mega Updo were perfect to Kamira, and I'm really happy how she turned out.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189
    edited June 27

Something recently added.

Recent_purchases_202406_06.png
    1600 x 1600 - 4M
    Post edited by felis on

Crossposted from Daz+ forum.

Willow Maiden

New items used: CJ LunaKuJ Medieval Dress for G9, and Weeping Willow Trees. The rest of the items in the gallery.

I have to add here that KuJ Medieval Dress for G9 was an absolute nightmare to pose and simulate. Judging by this thread, there are issues with the product and nothing has been done about it since the beginning of 2023, and I wish I had seen it before buying the dress. As of rule, I try not to return products, but seeing as Daz did nothing in over a year to address the issue, I've made a choice to remove the vendor's items from my wishlist and not buy from them again.

On a more positive note, even though it's not a new-to-me item, I absolutely love working with Colm Jackson's Render Studio 2.0: it's perfect for when you want to do just a quick scene without spending hours on setting everything up. Other example of usage here.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Fête de la musique:

The render was done before World Music Day and I wanted to post it on World Music Day, but could not, so I posted it a couple of days after blush

Unlike the dress in the (really good looking) render from @Joanna, both dresses behaved nicely during simulation (I envisionned more explosions but none happened). In the end, the hardest part was setting the expressions due to the camera "slighty from bellow" angle (I suppose there is a technical word for it, but I don't even know it in French sorry) with made simple smile a bit too flat.

Bought this month, the dForce Capri Outfit and the HD Saxophone and Poses for Genesis 8, bought last month, the dForce SU One Piece Dress and Follyview.

edited June 30

Crossposting from Daz+ forum.

I'm still going through stuff I bought this month. I'm at 30% tried and rendered (plus some older stuff I haven't tried before), which is not great considering I bought very little.

Damascus Joe

New items used: Nahuel for G9 and Long Stick Poses for G9. Other items, excuse of a story, and original render for comparison in the gallery.

As a side note, I really like Phenolic Sphere and what it feels like countless possibilities of use. It's the first time I used it. I bought it at the end of April, so it doesn't really count for the new stuff anymore, but I wanted to give it a shoutout.

Post edited by joanna on

In 'On her way to a town with an ocean view', a 13-year-old girl is starting a new step of her life, looking for a new city to establish herself as a witch. Of course, she’s travelling on a broom and she’s with her cat.

It's clearly based on Kiki's Delivery Service, a movie by Hayao Miyazaki (itself based on a series of books), which, like most of Miyazaki's movies is worth watching even as an adult. If you have children, the French website I'm using to decide if I'm watching a movie with my nieces said it's fine if children are 6 years and more, but could also be watched with children slighty youngers, but not alone.

More information about items used on my gallery.

In line with other dresses I have to simulate this month, this one also behaved nicely, even when I added a broom, a rope and a cat to the simulation smiley

• MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 49

Elor! heartsurpriseheart

Kiki's Delivery Service is one of my favorite Studio Ghibli movies and you've done it amazing justice here. Wonderful details and superb render!

Love it!

I'm glad you, as a fan of the film, love it  smiley

Thank you yes

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

Elor said:

In 'On her way to a town with an ocean view', a 13-year-old girl is starting a new step of her life, looking for a new city to establish herself as a witch. Of course, she’s travelling on a broom and she’s with her cat.

It's clearly based on Kiki's Delivery Service, a movie by Hayao Miyazaki (itself based on a series of books), which, like most of Miyazaki's movies is worth watching even as an adult. If you have children, the French website I'm using to decide if I'm watching a movie with my nieces said it's fine if children are 6 years and more, but could also be watched with children slighty youngers, but not alone.

In line with other dresses I have to simulate this month, this one also behaved nicely, even when I added a broom, a rope and a cat to the simulation smiley

I reallylike the radio hanging from the broom. Gotta have tunes playing while travelling.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

Elor said:

Elor, I love the composition and the joy and excitement expressed by her face and pose, as well as her cat. Excellent work with all the DAZ processes. I will show this to my flatmate this afternoon, as he has a deep love of this genre. I appreciate the link to the site so I can share that as well.

Mary

FirstBastion said:

I reallylike the radio hanging from the broom. Gotta have tunes playing while travelling.

It's a fun idea of the movie (or maybe the book, but I don't remember the one I read all that much): she's a witch, she's travelling on a magic broom but she's doing it with a good old portable radio laugh

memcneil70 said:

Elor, I love the composition and the joy and excitement expressed by her face and pose, as well as her cat. Excellent work with all the DAZ processes. I will show this to my flatmate this afternoon, as he has a deep love of this genre. I appreciate the link to the site so I can share that as well.

Mary

You're welcome for the link and thank you smiley

I'm happy I was able to show what I think she was feeling, especially because expressions are still something I'm not that great with: usually, it's smile left or smile right and that's it blush (one day I'll understand how FACS works) but I tried to delve into a bit more this time.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 386
    edited July 3

Time travel.

Here you have Mousso's Red, one of the most recent G9s, wearing Olivia hair, also quite recent ... and The Skirt, a G1 kit from Cute3D with a 16K SKU that I got on deep sale the other day. So there's how many years' gap between the figure and her clothing?

The dress did quite well, though. Not only did autofit come through mostly cleanly, the dress has not been resurfaced for Iray--those are the original pre-Iray mats, albeit "forced up" for the Iray render.

The set is Sloshwerks' Creepy Old Attic.

red_attic.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by columbine on