Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

Comments

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Reposting from Daz+ Forum

Orc Female, 23, Looking for Love

New items used: Odessa for Eddie 8XI Troll Cave, and Render Studio 3. The rest is in the gallery.

Few comments here regarding new purchases:

- I was stunned by Render Studio 3 lights. Usually products like that are just a base and require tweaking, adjusting, and so on. In this case, out-of-the-box settings are enough and provided stunning results that only got better in postwork. I can see myself using them a lot.

- In turn, I was a bit disappointed by some of the textures in the Troll Cave. Props are really nice (and I'm going to use the environment splitter to separate some things that weren't put into the props section but are separate/movable within the scene), but the floor lacks details and is kind of "too clean" for the setting, and the walls... on my render they were coming out pixelated as if they were not meant to be rendered unless out-of-focus. I ended up using DD PBR Stone Shaders on them both. (And retextured the wooden sticks as well while I was at it.)

- And Eddie. I love Eddie. I should have gotten her much sooner. :)

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158
    edited March 30

I picked up a couple of Orestes Skydome HDRIs, including Eventide.

witchy.jpg
    3000 x 1500 - 708K
    Post edited by lou_harper on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,206
    edited March 30

I've been a little surprised that there wasn't more buzz about Bluejaunte's recent release, June HD.

I am not really on board the Genesis 9 train (which, for my own purposes, overall feels like a small step back), but, as always, there are a few characters that I do like despite the base figure. June is very much one of them, so I figured I'll do a few renders with her, to show my appreciation. I wished I was better at the while rendering thing, but this seems to be the best I can do:

June in March

Bluejaunte remains the best PA for characters in my humble opinion. I have not been as big a fan of their Genesis 9 cahracters as I am of their Genesis 8 lineup (although I did like Tyler and Maddie) but June really stands out to me as a character the is 'cute', but not necerssarily in a supermodel way, so I'll probably use her a lot in the future :D

June in March.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Barubary on
  • acbacb Posts: 434
    edited March 31

Someone at the door

Just something enjoyable for the weekend. With Elanor for Genesis 9

PizzaDelivery.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 218K
    Post edited by acb on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

such a fun render!

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,520
    edited April 7

I don't know why Lyoness decided I would be a useful person to send her new Pret a Jolie outfit to for testing, because by this point she's got to be fully aware what's going to happen.

Gallery Link

Alas, to those of you hoping for a new horse outfit, this was very much me abusing it. It's normally for Genesis 9, but I guess that's probably more useful to most of you, so go check it out.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305
    edited April 7

Santorini Holiday

Picked up the Santorini set last month and fiinally got round to rendering it!

Santorini-Holiday.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 823K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

I helped out with some of the testing on Amaranth's new NightWish Outfit which came out today.

But of course, outfit testing isn't truly complete until I find out what it looks like on a centaur:

Gallery Link

• "HORSIN' AROUND"

I picked up more than I expected to during March Madness, mostly due to that wonderful St. Patrick's Day coupon, and am just starting to put them through their paces. I'd been interested in Predatron's https://www.daz3d.com/lorez-horse-2, to see how it compares with Daz Horse 2, since I never got into Horse 3 for various reasons. This isn't just a low resolution horse figure, in spite of the name - you get both standard resolution and LoREZ horses and textures, plus Western tack and a nice set of poses. I do like the set and & wishlisted the texture expansion. On 4/1 I finally got https://www.daz3d.com/aureska-hol-hd-for-zelara-8, a long-wishlisted character, for $2 in a lucky combo of Lightning Deal and some promo I don't recall.

On a whim, I decided to try out Aureska and show off my horses together, hence the name. I decide to add a couple of old 3D friends to the scene, for more fun. The human couple star in some of my superhero pictures, so hanging out with aliens isn't unusual for them. Aureska is on the Daz Horse and https://www.daz3d.com/nylyssa-for-genesis-3-and-8-female is riding the standard resolution LoREZ. The lo-res LoREZ is standing in the background.

I still have a bit of detail work to do, mainly on  stirrup/boot and reins/hands posing.  I'm also going to do some simple side by side pictures of just the horses to get a better idea of how their looks compare. The environment is a Rendo freebie, Valentine's Picnic by Genejoke and I do recommend it, even though it's 5 years old. It's large, has props, and is Iray. I use it a lot when I need a park, yard, or castle grounds.

Horsin Around.jpg
    392 x 277 - 103K

Amusing myself by gratuitously abusing the new AH dForce Irina Lingerie Outfit For Genesis 9 set for the Daz+ Inspiration threads.

Gallery Link

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168

Did a render on Stonemason's new piece, Wrecked :)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774
    edited April 17

here is a portrait of CJ Marcella For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D  by Colm Jackson. I like his characters a lot. with dForce - Dystopian Punk for G8F | Daz 3D by Lully. some post work in Paint Shop Pro and Nik filters.

eye reflect 2 no bacove2.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 727K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

Very nice, @daveso!

Well, clearly with Lilflame and Sveva joining the store, I was going to have to continue my habit of horribly abusing outfits by putting them on a horse.

Gallery Link

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-tiny-tee-pajama-set-g8g8-1f
    https://www.daz3d.com/comfy-socks-for-genesis-8-and-8-1-females
    https://www.daz3d.com/essentials-textures-for-comfy-socks-g8f

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 727
    edited April 18

I just love Falcontruth's  Curtiss Jenny.   I am a bit nuts about classic and antique airplanes and the JN-4D  Jenny is a favorite.   The old joke about this plane among pilots who flew her was that it was so draggy from all the wires and struts that it was "take off at 60, cruise at 60, land at 60".

Night Air Mail - 1925

It's a beautiful model of a legendary airplane.

For anyone interested in seeing real Jenny airplanes on film, check out the 1970s movie "The Great Waldo Pepper."  The filmmakers used lots of them in an era before CGI.  Even though some wing-walk stunts are done with a blue-screen, there is a ton of real flying, aerobatics, and even a real Jenny belly-flopping into a pond!

Night Air Mail - 1925.png
    2329 x 1600 - 5M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876

Olo_Ordinaire That's a lovely atmospheric render! And thanks for the bits of info about the plane - it's nice to learn a little about it.

I've been enjoying seeing the renders in this thread whenever I pop into the forums. Thanks everyone for sharing! heart

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 727

SapphireBlue said:

Olo_Ordinaire That's a lovely atmospheric render! And thanks for the bits of info about the plane - it's nice to learn a little about it.

I've been enjoying seeing the renders in this thread whenever I pop into the forums. Thanks everyone for sharing! heart

@SapphireBlue: thanks!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Okay, so I really love this thread and its 'All time purchases' partner, and I want to try to contribute at least a little bit, instead of just eternally lurking. I had actually emptied my (very small) DAZ gallery after the NFT thing started, in protest, but I think that has kind of blown over by now. And concerning the AIs learning from my renders, well .. I guess so much the worse for them really ;-) So anyways, here's something I tried with KOO's Kevin for G9 and a lot of new old stuff I bought this month, mostly OOT G3F clothes (Hot Football, Drucilla Corset), plus Fabiana's fabulous shader packs (and Vyk's glitter shaders, I forgot the exact name unfortunately) and the Theory of Light - Energy set. I'll try and give the full set of links in the gallery.

Oh, and sorry I keep forgetting how images are uploaded into the message body, so I'll just have to attach it though I know it's inconvenient ... blush

Kevin Flying.png
    729 x 717 - 502K
  • MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 49

Wow! That's a GORGEOUS pic, Tsroemi! Well done! heart

MissLeah said:

Wow! That's a GORGEOUS pic, Tsroemi! Well done! heart

Oh thank you so much! 

tsroemi That's a very dreamy render with a lot of feeling in it. heartAnd now that you've shared your first image in this thread, I hope you'll share more! smiley

Here's the info about how to embed those images for next time: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/523531/solved-how-to-post-an-image-in-forum

SapphireBlue said:

tsroemi That's a very dreamy render with a lot of feeling in it. heartAnd now that you've shared your first image in this thread, I hope you'll share more! smiley

Here's the info about how to embed those images for next time: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/523531/solved-how-to-post-an-image-in-forum

Thank you, both for the nice comment and the link! I remember now, it's really very simple. Will do it like this next time.  

edited April 22

Picked up a few Lully outfits so naturally the first thing I had to do was try them on a different figure to the one they were made for.

Here are the Poets Shirt for G8F on G8M, Mameluke Gown for G8F on G9 and Edith Outfit for G8F on G9. The Mameluke gown by the way is partly retextured with Fabiana's Shader Plan Iray Velvets also picked up in the "Daz Welcomes" promotion.

I was impressed by how easily and quickly these garments all simulate (I only have a GTX 1050 on my ancient system so it doesn't exactly go like a train).

ETA: And the fact I only have a GTX 1050 so all my renders are on CPU I'm using as an excuse for the simple backdrops and probably graininess!

Poet-Shirt-on-G8M.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 750K
    Mameluke-Gown-G9.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 455K
    Edith-Gown-on-G9.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 691K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited April 23

@MelanieL, I'm on a laptop, with RTX 2260 but still not really a match for the usual power-hungry garments - I hear ya! It's one of the reasons why I love Lully's clothes, too. Had quite a few of them already, and now bought tons more in the wishlist sale. Your renders look really good I think, I'm not seeing much graininess! Love the second one especially. With the nice background and the grumpy look, adorable laugh

Post edited by tsroemi on

tsroemi said:

@MelanieL, I'm on a laptop, with RTX 2260 but still not really a match for the usual power-hungry garments - I hear ya! It's one of the reasons why I love Lully's clothes, too. Had quite a few of them already, and now bought tons more in the wishlist sale. Your renders look really good I think, I'm not seeing much graininess! Love the second one especially. With the nice background and the grumpy look, adorable laugh

Thank you!

I'm so pleased that Lully (and Fabiana) have moved so much stuff to Daz - I've picked up quite a lot and wishlisted more for now. (I only buy at Daz because I can pick up GCs on decent discounts to help offset the poor exchange rates I get these days.)

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313
    edited April 25
    Miriah-Porch.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

Cross-posting from the DAZ+ forum. Used two of my lovely new buys this month: Stonemason's Jungle Crossing and RawArt's Dryanna.

Dryanna's Butterflies

edited April 26

Paula and SapphireBlue, your renders are both gorgeous! The lighting on the porch is so realistic and soft, and the Dryad scene is like out of this world. Very, very lovely both.

Feeling kind of intimidated now ...;-) But will still try to stick with uploading here as well every few days. So here goes again, it's just called Pierot Pink for obvious reasons:

PierotPink

I'm trying to use old and new stuff together at the moment. Here, I used some of Fabiana's shaders (satined and velvet) plus the panel from her Deco Accents set (both bought this month) along with the G2 Pierot and the matching hoop poses that I've had for ages but never yet used. Will list everything in the gallery once I get to uploading it there.

PierotPink01_corrected2_90%.png
    1080 x 1200 - 1004K
    Post edited by tsroemi on
  • MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 49

I get such inspiration from this thread. So many talented artists!

Paula, I adore that image! The lighting is perfect. Along with the depth of field and your BEAUTIFUL character, it looks like a photograph.

SapphireBlue, I love the etheral quality of your render. That's an amazing character from RawArt and I love what you did with the lighting and the hair. I get Avatar vibes from that image.

And Tsroemi, I have to keep scrolling up to see the details of your Pierot. They're gorgeous. The way you combined the posing with the colors and the simplicity of the composition is wonderful.

Amazing work, everyone!