Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

Comments

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 572

Thanks SapphireBlue for your kind words ! Your portrait "Che Bella Giornata " is beautiful, I really like the light and the use of depth of field!:)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited January 7

Gallery Link

"Woman + Beast(s)" is what the muse apparently demands right now, so here's another one. Lady and the Lion is the recently acquired product. Could not use dForce fur on the panther, it was too much for my GPU to handle.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 727
    edited January 7

Jonni Tigersmith and the Trovare

I used https://www.daz3d.com/sweater-dress-for-genesis-3-female-s

This was inspired by a favorite movie recently re-released on BluRay after  nearly 35 years:  It Takes Two.

Jonni Tigersmith and the Trovare - 01.png
    2329 x 1500 - 4M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
  • NerevarineNerevarine Posts: 168

@Hylas - love this! Looks amazing. Love your work with lighting and composition. 10/10!
    @emanuela1 - great scene and comp. Love it!
    @columbine - very fun idea for an art piece :) Love this a lot
    @SapphireBlue - gorgeous work as always! Very wonderful lighting!

I would comment more, but trying to navigate back and forth on this forum is hurting my head quite a bit. I am loving everything I am seeing, great work!

I made this today, the new items being the Ardamir hair and Summer Muse dress. I picked up Tear Jerker and the iRadiance lights today, though :) Gallery link here for all products

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Nerevarine, this is stunning work! I love how you used Torment's/Azazel's horns to create a new character. iRadiance products are great, aren't they? I own a few, but not this particular set. Same for the portrait lights set.

The Gods Within Us

Done for Daz+ weekly contest and inspired by one of short stories I wrote. New items is Aztec Architecture 2. Older than the last month but never before used are Antonio Long Hair, Jungle Contrusction Kit (I could swear there was another one, part 2 or something, but I can't see it in the store anymore), and Declan.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

joanna said:

The Gods Within Us

Done for Daz+ weekly contest and inspired by one of short stories I wrote. New items is Aztec Architecture 2. Older than the last month but never before used are Antonio Long Hair, Jungle Contrusction Kit (I could swear there was another one, part 2 or something, but I can't see it in the store anymore), and Declan.

Eek! Looks painful. (Nice render though!)

There is a Jungle Construction Kit 02 

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 387

"The Gods Within Us" appears to be SHOCKINGLY LITERAL in this case :P

[Back part of my brain to front part: You know, we've never tried to do a chestburster image ...

Front part to back: No, no, we're not going there, hush up.]

@joanna - thank you for your very kind words. They mean a lot to me! :) I couldn't quite get the iRadiance to work and still had to set up all my own lights, but it's there... ish.

I love this art! Yeeeowch, looks like that hurt! Beautiful lighting and posing work. Definitely one of my favs of yours.

MelanieL Thank you. I found it later at the store and on my wishlist, but for some reason, it wasn't showing in the search. It seems that the search in the store is just forever broken. >.>

columbine thank you as well. The story is about a man who discovers a ancient way to awaken "gods" hidden within human genetics, and his obsession with it and misinterpretation of what really the text said, so yes, it's quite literal and painful.

Nerevarine Thanks. The lighting comes solely from HDRI PhotoShoot set which is one of my favorite HDRI sets. In the right circumstances (like this one), no other in-Daz lighting is needed, though I did tweak it in postwork in this case.

• joanna said:

MelanieL Thank you. I found it later at the store and on my wishlist, but for some reason, it wasn't showing in the search. It seems that the search in the store is just forever broken. >.>

columbine thank you as well. The story is about a man who discovers a ancient way to awaken "gods" hidden within human genetics, and his obsession with it and misinterpretation of what really the text said, so yes, it's quite literal and painful.

Nerevarine Thanks. The lighting comes solely from HDRI PhotoShoot set which is one of my favorite HDRI sets. In the right circumstances (like this one), no other in-Daz lighting is needed, though I did tweak it in postwork in this case.

FYI, there's what I consider to be a reproducible bug in the Daz store search*. If you do a search that gets an exact hit, it only returns that hit; but if the hit isn't exact, it returns hits are that are similar. If you search on "Jungle Construction Kit" you will only get that one product exactly called that; if you search on "Jungle Construction Kits" you'll get 100 hits, including the other one. (*I do software support IRL, and that can't possibly be the intended behavior; I'd write that up and send it to the development team.) 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

FYI, there's what I consider to be a reproducible bug in the Daz store search*. If you do a search that gets an exact hit, it only returns that hit; but if the hit isn't exact, it returns hits are that are similar. If you search on "Jungle Construction Kit" you will only get that one product exactly called that; if you search on "Jungle Construction Kits" you'll get 100 hits, including the other one. (*I do software support IRL, and that can't possibly be the intended behavior; I'd write that up and send it to the development team.) 

Thank you, it's good to know! (Also, at your "you'll get 100 hits" I couldn't help thinking "and 98 of them will be highly irrelevant items that happen to have a word kit or construction in them" :D )

• joanna said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Thank you, it's good to know! (Also, at your "you'll get 100 hits" I couldn't help thinking "and 98 of them will be highly irrelevant items that happen to have a word kit or construction in them" :D )

Yup! wink  But to give credit where it's due, the first two hits are the two Jungle Construction Kit products. 

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 572

Beautiful work Nerevarine, it's a very nice portrait, with excellent light and sharpness!

Also thanks for your comment!:)

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Yup! wink  But to give credit where it's due, the first two hits are the two Jungle Construction Kit products. 

True :D

Wanna fight?!

I was remaking an old image for DAZ+ contest, and I thought I'd share it here as well as it uses Buried City Remains from the last month sales. When I got it, I knew it had a lot of potential, and it worked perfectly here, for an interesting but not-too-busy background.

Other items used, the story/reasoning behind the remake, non-postwork version, and the old reference render are all in the gallery.

• David RDavid R Posts: 270
    edited January 10

The dinosaur I've had for ages, but the Jungle I picked up last month.  https://www.daz3d.com/my-jungle

Post edited by David R on

Nerevarine said:

@Hylas - love this! Looks amazing. Love your work with lighting and composition. 10/10!

Thank you! heart

emanuela1 said:

Beautiful work Nerevarine, it's a very nice portrait, with excellent light and sharpness!

Also thanks for your comment!:)

Thank you for your very kind words, emanuela! It means a lot to me! ♥

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313
    edited January 12
    DinnerParty.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 934K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 727
    edited January 12

Future Confrontation

I've had LIFE Android 2.0 for Genesis 8.1 Female in my wishlist forever, but just recently bought it and EM3D Prudence HD for Genesis 9.

Future Confrontation.png
    2320 x 1600 - 5M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,520
    edited January 12

Late to the party, as I actually received this early for testing purposes, but I figured I actually had to do something vaguely complete with Lyoness's "Brandy's Holiday Elf Costume" Christmas freebie; Due to shenanigans on Discord the set was named in reference to my character Whisky (and would have outright been called "Whisky's Holiday Elf Costume" if I hadn't suggested that "Brandy" is a bit more traditionally Christmassy).

Anyway, Whisky can indeed be seen sporting it here. Also Jade, because apparently I have a reputation for putting clothes on centaurs.

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 387

You know, I'd been wondering who Brandy was ...

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,520

Well, as far as that, Brandy is the word association version of a rather busty elf I originally made for a joke render (but who proved too fun to only use for a one-off gag and got promoted to a recurring role in my setting).

Which is a slightly similar story to Jade, really, who I originally made because I needed another centaur to help fill out a scene in a changing room, but who's now one of my most used characters.

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213

Picked up Jennie 9, got the textures for the dynasty outfit a few days back, got the hair and outfit sometime during one of last month's sales.

Seville.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • Thank you emanuela1 and Nerevarinesmiley Oof the more I look at this thread, the more items end up on my wishlist! blush

Nerevarine Striking portrait with a great color palette.

joanna (The Gods within us) Wow, that's quite the story and quite the frightening render. Lighting's great.

David R David! What a cute dinosaur and scene! heart Your lighting is really lovely. But what is that human head statue doing there?! Or maybe this is after the demise of humanity, when dinosaurs rule the earth once more?

paulawp (marahzen) Llove all the renders and your unique characters. Great setting for that bathtub.

Olo_Ordinaire Love the vibrant colors of Future Confrontation

Matt_Castle I can safely say that none of us are going to tire of seeing your centaurs in their imaginative clothing. Those shoes lol!

TesseractSpace Jennie's looking good, but clearly planning to be up to no good... wink

• SapphireBlue said:

Thank you emanuela1 and Nerevarinesmiley Oof the more I look at this thread, the more items end up on my wishlist! blush

Nerevarine Striking portrait with a great color palette.

joanna (The Gods within us) Wow, that's quite the story and quite the frightening render. Lighting's great.

David R David! What a cute dinosaur and scene! heart Your lighting is really lovely. But what is that human head statue doing there?! Or maybe this is after the demise of humanity, when dinosaurs rule the earth once more?

paulawp (marahzen) Llove all the renders and your unique characters. Great setting for that bathtub.

Olo_Ordinaire Love the vibrant colors of Future Confrontation

Matt_Castle I can safely say that none of us are going to tire of seeing your centaurs in their imaginative clothing. Those shoes lol!

TesseractSpace Jennie's looking good, but clearly planning to be up to no good... wink

Thanks, SapphireBlue!

Gallery Link

Yesterday I bought Face Scars and Body Scars 2 by FenixPhoenix and Esid, I used it together with Wound Makeup Artist by SimonWM and Dega which I've had for a while.