Some free items for your aircraft scenes!

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

Thanks Chris, these are great!

• You're welcome... there will be more to come as I complete them. Right now I'm doing the rough modelling for an MJ-1 Bomb Loader Truck... :)

• 6) Vietnam Era MJ1-B Aircraft Weapons Loader

The MJ1-B Weapons Loader is used by all branches of the US Military (and in other NATO nations). Its purpose is to lift and position missiles and bombs for attachment to aircraft, and to remove weapons for return to storage. It has a 25hp engine and can lift up to 3000 pounds of weapons and equipment. The MJ1 has been in service since the 1950's and continues in use today!

Features:

The loader has a fully detailed drivers position, undercarriage, and lifting boom. The wheels can spin and be turned with the steering wheel (via ERC dials), the weapons bracket mounting can swivel, and the boom can be raised and lowered.

Moving parts include wheels, steering wheel, lifting boom, weapons bracket mount, control sticks for the boom, gas pedal, brake pedal and clutch pedal.

ERC dials for ease of use including basic movements such as driving and steering!

Comes with a smart-parented Driver Dummy (unrigged and not pose-able) that can be placed in the vehicle for use in scenes where a fully clothed figure wouldn't be nessessary. This dummy figure will automatically parent in place when loaded.

An exciting new addition to any of your military aircraft scenes!

Find it here... http://www.schells.ca/aircraft-weapons-loader

BombLoader1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 81K
    BombLoader2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 210K
    BombLoader3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 166K
    BombLoader4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 168K
    BombLoader5.jpg
    600 x 600 - 179K
    BombLoader6.jpg
    600 x 600 - 174K
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

Amazing Gifts Thank you and Merry Christmas

• Skelch said:

Amazing Gifts Thank you and Merry Christmas

You're quite welcome and Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! :)

• 7) Vietnam Era Navy Forklift

The military uses forklifts for a variety of purposes, often the same types that we are all used to seeing on construction sites and in factories in our daily lives. Smaller forklifts are used to move supplies around, and larger types are used to move heavy equipment, and building or repair materials. They can also be used to move vehicle components or damaged vehicles, and to help clear obstructions.

Features:

The forklift has a fully detailed drivers position, undercarriage, and lifting forks. The wheels can spin and be turned with the steering wheel (via ERC dials), and the forks can be raised, lowered, and tilted as well.

Moving parts include wheels, steering wheel, forks, control levers, gas pedal, brake pedal and clutch pedal.

ERC dials for ease of use including basic movements such as driving and steering!

Comes with a smart-parented Driver Dummy (unrigged and not pose-able) that can be placed in the vehicle for use in scenes where a fully clothed figure wouldn't be necessary. This dummy figure will automatically parent in place when loaded.

Find it here... http://www.schells.ca/aircraft-forklift

NavyForklift1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 79K
    NavyForklift2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 169K
    NavyForklift3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 170K
    NavyForklift4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 215K
    NavyForklift5.jpg
    600 x 600 - 218K
    NavyForklift6.jpg
    600 x 600 - 183K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

That's a nice little forklift...

• mjc1016 said:

That's a nice little forklift...

Thanks! :)

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Wow, excellent choices! Some free and some very reasonably priced.

• havsm said:

Wow, excellent choices! Some free and some very reasonably priced.

I try and thank-you! :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

Man, now I actually have to, you know, pick up some period airplanes.

edited December 2016

Hmm, that model doesn't look very good. Oh, that one is nice, but it's MAX format. Hrm. Oh, hey, that one isn't so bad... ... $139? Um. No.

(F-4 Phantom)

And huh, I didn't realize how few real world airplanes Daz store has. Wow.

Edit: Oh wow, Sharecg has LOADS of free planes. Excellent

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • chrisschellchrisschell Posts: 267
    edited December 2016

Pedro and Neilwil (sadly Neilwil is no longer with us, but his models can still be found) on ShareCG both have a wide selection of period aircraft... and there's also Bazze who has some freebie period aircraft on his site...

Post edited by chrisschell on

I think this is Neilwil's Wildcat, paired with your Navy forklift.

And me trying REALLY HARD to obscure the fact I don't have decent military uniforms...

Also ended up with a weird pose on the guy. hrm. Some of the canned poses for men look like they were converted from women doing the 'OOO BOOBS' thing

Wildcat.png
    1748 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 2016

That made for a nice little test scene that and thanks for sharing it! You're right though, many of the poses for the male figures wind up looking a little off... :)

I think this is Neilwil's Wildcat, paired with your Navy forklift.

And me trying REALLY HARD to obscure the fact I don't have decent military uniforms...

Also ended up with a weird pose on the guy. hrm. Some of the canned poses for men look like they were converted from women doing the 'OOO BOOBS' thing

• 8) Jet Afterburner Effects Prop

A simple UV Mapped cylinder prop in PP2 format, with custom textures and transmaps to create an Afterburner glow effect from a military jet engine. Simply load as needed, position, and manually parent the prop to the aircraft.

Notes:

To use this prop effectively, load as needed from your props library in the folder Labeled "Chris's Props > Afterburner". After loading the prop, shift it into position using the Parameters Tab dials, and then manually parent it to the aircraft (Drag to the Fuselage in DS or use "Parent to" in Poser).

There are 2 versions included, 1 for DAZ Studio and 1 for Poser, each with specific materials for each program!

Find it here... http://www.sharecg.com/v/85916/view/11/Poser/Afterburner-Effects-Prop

AfterBurnerTest2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 80K
    edited December 2016

9) Muzzle Flash and Tracers Props

A set of simple effects props to create the Muzzle Flash and Tracer Streams from weapons fire. The set includes a Muzzle Flash Prop, a straight line of Tracers, and an Arc of Tracers (to simulate aircraft maneuvers and gravity). The Tracer groups can be used separately or combined for special effects use. Suitable for use with Aircraft, Mecha, or Hand-held Weapons (some manual scale adjustments will be needed to use these with human sized weapons)!

Notes:

To use this prop effectively, load as needed from your props library in the folder Labeled "Chris's Props > Tracers". After loading the prop, shift it into position using the Parameters Tab dials, and then manually parent it to the weapon or aircraft you wish to use it with (Drag to the Fuselage or Weapon in DS or use "Parent to" in Poser).

There are 2 versions of each item included, 1 for DAZ Studio and 1 for Poser, each with specific materials for each program.

Find it here... http://www.sharecg.com/v/85940/browse/11/Poser/Muzzle-Flash-and-Tracers-Props

FlashandTracers.JPG
    600 x 600 - 64K
    edited December 2016

10) Sonic Shock-waves Prop

A simple UV Mapped  prop in PP2 format, with custom textures and transmaps to create the shock-waves and condensation effects of an aircraft breaking the sound barrier. Simply load as needed, position, and manually parent the prop to the aircraft.

Notes:

To use this prop effectively, load as needed from your props library in the folder Labeled "Chris's Props > Sonic Boom". After loading the prop, shift it into position using the Parameters Tab dials, adjust scale and shape as needed, and then manually parent it to the aircraft (Drag to the Fuselage in DS or use "Parent to" in Poser).

There are 2 versions included, 1 for DAZ Studio and 1 for Poser, each with specific materials for each program.

Find it here... http://www.sharecg.com/v/85939/view/11/Poser/Sonic-Boom-Prop

SonicBoom.jpg
    600 x 600 - 82K
    edited December 2016

Here are a couple of images with the Sonic Boom and Afterburner props in use... :)

Breaking the Barrier.jpg
    1348 x 589 - 134K
    Gates of Hell.jpg
    1308 x 613 - 448K
    edited December 2016

And are a couple using the Tracers prop...

Operation Bolo.jpg
    1348 x 589 - 117K
    Battle of the Lakes.jpg
    1348 x 589 - 153K
    edited December 2016

Here's a quick scene...

Bazze's A4 Skyhawk (which doesn't seem to be available any longer crying)

Chris's forklift, starter trailer and bomb loader.

I almost forgot this one...

a4service.png
    1000 x 800 - 1008K
    forklift.png
    640 x 640 - 521K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • mjc1016 said:

Here's a quick scene...

Thanks for sharing those Mjc... great little scenes there. Bazze's Skyhawk is still available I think over at Vanishingpoint... or was the last time I looked...

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807

Ther Skyhawk is here; free for noncommercial use...

http://www.colacola.se/expo_skyhawk.htm

mjc1016 said:

Here's a quick scene...

Thanks for sharing those Mjc... great little scenes there. Bazze's Skyhawk is still available I think over at Vanishingpoint... or was the last time I looked...

WandW said:

Ther Skyhawk is here; free for noncommercial use...

http://www.colacola.se/expo_skyhawk.htm

Must have been something strange on my end of the Internet, last night, because no matter how many times I reloaded the page, it stopped at 2009.  Even the copyright notice was there.  I thought he may have pulled the older stuff or something.

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    edited December 2016

Thanks for your generosity, Chris!  Much appreciated.

Here is a quick render I threw together.  I noticed an odd thing when I was applying the afterburner prop to the plane.  The scale was off a bit, and looked like it needed to be lowered some.  But when I dropped the scale to 80%, the prop changed position instead of scaling down.  When I moved it back into position, the scale returned to 100%.  Anyone have any idea why this is happening, or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks!

Skyhawk_01.jpg
    900 x 506 - 325K
    Post edited by dHandle on
    edited December 2016

I took the time to double check it in both my old copy of DS 2.3 and my copy of DS 4.7 before replying here to see what the issue might be...

Scaling it up or down will cause the position to change... This happens with many prop items and it's usually just a matter of shifting it back into place with the translation dials, but that shouldn't be causing the scale to reset... :(

You could rescale it using the x,y, and z scale dials instead of the main scale dial and see if that works, otherwise I'm not entirely sure what is causing the problem...

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    edited December 2016

Hi Chris,

Thanks for checking it out, and for the suggestions.  I went back and fiddled with it some, and got it sorted.  I unparented the prop from the jet, and when I scaled it down to 80%, it did move, but when I repositioned it, the scale stayed at 80%.  I added some heat distortion for effect.

skyhawk_03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 876K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • I'm glad you were able to sort it out and you're quite welcome... I try to help sort out issues like this when they occur and am very happy to make corrections to the stuff I make if it becomes necessary... :)

edited December 2016

Part of the problem is that the center point of the effect is 0, 0, 0 and not the geometry of the mesh.  So it's scaling relative to the center point.  Adjusting the center point should allow it to scale without moving...

I shifted the center point to the geometry, kept the offset it loaded at and saved as a duf file.  It now scales relative to its center point...

With the center point in the center of the geometry, you'll still have some movement...as it scales from both ends towards the center...shifting it to the end meant to be next to the engine should fix that...

forumupload33.png
    586 x 545 - 36K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

awesome