Will's Freebies

1234568»

Comments

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

Took a quick wack at the slimebeast... pretty happy. Didn't end up replicating the eyes (couldn't do them quite right and got impatient).

I have a bunch of ideas for dog skins, though, and maybe even some morphs...

your slimebeast skin looks great! any more blubbery slimy skin for that.. thing are very welcome ^^

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

Yeah, I'm happy with that result. But will try to make one or two more to make it interesting.

Need to see if I can make eyespots on it that I'm happy with.

edited April 2017

Here's the previous and then current version of the scalehorse I'm working on. I had trouble figuring out how to get the masking to work right, initially, which was causing some seam mismatches which then made trying to use displacement just ... Not Good (tm). Then I worked it out and ended with the better (IMO) second image.

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Scalehorse-676403333

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Scalehorse2-676456953

I'm debating doing a morph, but that's kind of... a different THING, so not sure if I want to focus on that right now. (The shape of scalehorse right now is a combination of a bunch of things, including Llama)

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

That horse is freaky and very cool!

And here's mostly the same skin on a MilHorse2 (some of the masking didn't work the same way so I changed it a little; it's a little more 'big green scale' dominant, but whatever. ;)

ScaleMilHorse.png
    1080 x 1080 - 1M

The horse thing will probably be my last free offering. Need to cover more art costs. Bah.

Amusingly, I'm finding myself going 'well, if I want to sell stuff for people to buy, I guess I need to get around to texturing anatomy. Oh wait, I don't have access to that for G3 because I don't generally do anatomy on figures so never bothered. Oops'

You know, playing around with creating models, procedural shaders are awesome when you are hitting problems trying to create good UV maps for stuff. Sheesh.

I tried to uv map this sucker a bunch of ways and ... ugh. So frustrating.

But hey, plug in a procedural and I don't have to care.

Stelae.jpg
    1747 x 1080 - 257K

In case people hadn't noticed, the Ground/Boulder shader in WTP3 allows you to turn spheres (or other stuff) into lumpy shapes, including a wide variety of rocks and whatnot.

Here are three examples from a sphere (16 segments, 16 sides, subd 5) with various tweaks.

Among other things, when you have a shader with multiple procedural noise channels, you can get powerfully distinct effects when the tiling is aligned vs. different. For example, in the last image, the base color, bump, and displacement all have the same tiling, so each 'tip' is the secondary color and the bump matches the overall effect.

Also note that with small tiling bump maps, if you start seeing lumpiness or the bump seems insufficiently divided, feel free to turn the limit off and change Bump Level to 8 or more; I find 8 is usually sufficient to give more detail to a surface.

The middle boulder has Y tiling increased on all channels, and then the Y scale of the object is at 50%, giving it a somewhat shale-like appearance.

Boulders.jpg
    3240 x 1080 - 695K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I've been gone for ages, but wanted to come and say hi. Miss your updates so had to see what you've been up to! :)

I love the horse thing you're doing! That is COOL. Looks like a kind of alien beast you'd see on another planet. Love it!

Hello! It's been a long time, but warm up the freebie engines.

Working on a revamp of my 3dl Normal-based two layer shader, with a bunch of presets and some terrains.

Snowy Statue.png
    1080 x 1080 - 1M
    Normal2mix snowy.jpg
    1080 x 668 - 162K

Hello! It's been a long time, but warm up the freebie engines.

Working on a revamp of my 3dl Normal-based two layer shader, with a bunch of presets and some terrains.

Looking good! :D Will it be 3DL only?

edited September 2017

Yes.

If you want something that works for Iray, this is almost exactly what TerraDome3 Iray shader does. ;)

(One of my big motivations for this was having an easier way to translate TD3 stuff to 3DL)

Post edited by Oso3D on

WT3 Terrain is now up for downloads. Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Note that, if nothing else, the 'add snow cover' is really flippin handy.

https://www.sharecg.com/v/89313/view/7/Material-and-Shader/Willbear-3DL-Terrain-Shader

Excellent! Thank you, Wil!! :D 

OneMap Skin shader!

Nice thing about it is that there's this noise element to it that is procedural, so it flows evenly regardless of skin uv map.

https://www.sharecg.com/v/89337/view/7/Material-and-Shader/OneMap-Iray-Skin-shader

edited September 2017

I plan on making a distance shader for Iray.

The problem with the existing distance canvas is that it doesn't handle opacity.

Edit: Except I hit a wall because 'Position' brick doesn't do what I thought. Bah.

Post edited by Oso3D on

I don't know if people have paid much attention to it, but in the 'Grunge' section of WTP3 is something called 'WTP ColorBump Top Corners.' Which is a mouthful.

Basically, when used with a decal, it places the decal's color only on the 'corners' of the underlying object. This isn't as powerful/versatile as, say, AO or Curvature maps, but you can use it on the fly.

It's temperamental -- adjusting the Corner Spread value is key to getting it to look right, and there's no easy way to adjust it other than trying it and seeing if the result works for you.

It can be more subtle than, say, the Dirt Shader from 3dl.

Finally, given how Iray and this shader works, it relies heavily on the underlying mesh. Like displacement, the more SubD, the better (IE: less obviously pixelated).

But... when it works, it's great.

Here's a result. I'm not... entirely happy with how the shader works. It's way too random.

I'd _like_ a shader that... well, I'd love AO, but I'm not sure if that's even possible without a lot of custom code in MDL. Curvature seems more doable, but I'm not even sure of that.

Anyway, take a gander. Textures and most of the shaders courtesy of Mec4D's shaderpacks.

Corners statue.jpg
    1662 x 2160 - 637K

Here's a result. I'm not... entirely happy with how the shader works. It's way too random.

I'd _like_ a shader that... well, I'd love AO, but I'm not sure if that's even possible without a lot of custom code in MDL. Curvature seems more doable, but I'm not even sure of that.

Anyway, take a gander. Textures and most of the shaders courtesy of Mec4D's shaderpacks.

Whoa! That turned out so cool!! 

*Squeeeeee* 

Ok, sorry. I'm calm now. lol I just spotted your shaders in the Daz store - awesome! Congratulations on becoming a PA, Will! 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

*Squeeeeee* 

Ok, sorry. I'm calm now. lol I just spotted your shaders in the Daz store - awesome! Congratulations on becoming a PA, Will! 

+1 

Just adding my congratulations as well.

Thanks! I'm super excited and have lots of ideas.

I also imagine I'll still be releasing freebies occasionally, for stuff that doesn't have much of a market. I've been meaning to make another 4 arm shirt, and given I have no clue how to rig it, and few people have four arms for genesis, there's a minimal call for it. But dforce helps a little!

edited December 2017

Yes, still alive!

Almost ready to release this freebie:

(the shirt)

Fourarm Sweater.jpg
    845 x 1080 - 154K
    Post edited by Oso3D on
    edited December 2017

He lives! lol :D heart

It's nice of you to still make Freebies even though you're a PA now. You're a sweetheart! 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

That bronze is good too.