IRay 1.3.0 vMaterial Library for D|S

124»

Comments

• So even after reading through all this, I can't seem to get the shaders to not render gray. Can anyone help or is this to old? 

• Did you install the vmaterials correctly?
  • I beleve so

• g4ck4me said:

I beleve so

Where did you move the Nvidia folder to? Because it really sounds like you are missing the actual vmaterials.

• \Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\!MDL\mdl\nvidia\vMaterials

as the text file in the freebie said to

• Should be \Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\!MDL\nvidia\vMaterials

You have an extra mdl in there.

• Now it's rendering the correct color but nothing else.

• No pattern or anything.

• Ok, I got it now, you have to apply the subsurface base shader first.

• Well what ever I did is not working on any others than the Carpet - Circles.

Probably should have tested that more before I said something. sad

• cryingcryingcrying OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! IT WAS ALL THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!! cryingcryingcrying I cant even.............. cryingcrying

You have to have the file path EXACTLY Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\!MDL nothing more or less. 

• Yes, that's the folder you have to put the nvidia folder into.

• I've added the "vMaterials" folder to !MDL\nvidia\ then set mdl base folder to it.
    the question is: where those shaders should appear? I can't see them in the shader and I can't find anything added to the shader mixer

• shareg links seem dead.. is this still available?

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

OP updated the shaders to version 1.4 of vMaterials.

Here's the link to the newest version.

• R GolbraithR Golbraith Posts: 45
    edited January 2018

MCDLabs said:
    The default install locations for these are:
       vMaterials: C:\Users\(user)\Documents\mdl
       MDL Exchange: C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\mdl
    Once you have vMaterials installed you need to get the base MDLs to be recognized by DazStudio
    Move the vMaterials folder from its default location (\Users\(user)\Documents\mdl)
    to your defalt DazStudio installation (C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\shaders\iray\nvidia)
    You should notice  abunch of other MDL files here. This is NOT your Content Library this is located under program files!!!)
    (IF you did not install DazStudio to its default location your location may be diferent)
    Second place the products in this ZIP file in your DAZ3D Library like you would any other item.
    Third open your shader mixer in DazStudio and then use Edit > MDL Directory Manager and select
    C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation
    This should cover all your MDLs being detected by DAZStudio

Hello, Thank you for all the information on these presets. I do have a problem seeing them though. I did steps One and Three with no issue. I thought I did step Two but Im not sure if I under stood it at all. I took the folder "vMaterials" and placed it in my daz library under "shader presets-iray-vMaterials". When I open daz and go to the shader presets tab I see the vMaterials folders but none of the shaders show up. So where did I go wrong?

Thank you so much for your help.

Joseph

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Hey, jorr. No, you did not get that step correct. Move the vMaterials from where you placed it under shader presets-iray-vMaterials in your My DAZ Library to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\shaders\iray\nvidia. That should give you C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\shaders\iray\nvidia\vMaterials. Please note that, as the instructions stated, the foregoing file paths will only be valid on your PC if you installed DAZ Studio to the default location of C:\Program Files. If you installed it somewhere else, you will need to know where or look for DAZ3D\DAZStudio4\\shaders\iray\nvidia\ folders elsewhere, and place the vMaterials folder there.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,219

It looks like the ShareCG links no longer work. I'm posting in the OP post as well.

• unitedunited Posts: 0

All sharecg links fail

• Thanks Twilight...very helpful.

I'm hoping you can help with this...I'm having (what I hope is) a stupid problem:

• Nvidia files are installed
    • Base Path is added in the Shader Mixer
    • MCDLabs' vMaterials folder is copied to the Shader Presets folder in My Daz 3D Library

...but I don't see the new materials anywhere is Daz. I assume they are supposed to be somewhere in Actors, Wardrobe & Props > Presets > Shaders, but I can't find them anywhere. I've tried restarting the app and looking in/refreshing all of the folders. Any thoughts if I'm looking in the wrong place, or have done something wrong someplace?

• Tim NTim N Posts: 193
    I assume they are supposed to be somewhere in Actors, Wardrobe & Props > Presets > Shaders

You'll find them in your Content Library pane under Shader Presets > vMaterials.

• Tim N said:
    You'll find them in your Content Library pane under Shader Presets > vMaterials.

...and there they are! Thanks Tim!

• kenmokenmo Posts: 906
    MCDLabs said:

III am working on the current NVidea MDL vMaterial Library and setting it up as DazStudio Shaders.
    If you look at the Shader Mixer and ponder what all those bricks do and how to link them together, this is for you.
    The FIRST set of 36 shaders is done and up at
    https://www.sharecg.com/v/88112/view/21/DAZ-Studio/IRAY-vMaterials-for-DAZ-Studio

This is pretty extensive as some MDL files actually have MULTIPLE set ups in them. But I am slugging through it and plan to have a set of 36 done and up every 1-3 days, depending on my mood and how long I can sit at my desk.

NOTE:

To use these shaders you MUST download and install the NVIDIA vMaterials located at:

https://developer.nvidia.com/vmaterials

If you do not have it installed all ready the vMaterials installer will prompt you to install the MDL Exchange.

Once you have vMaterials installed you need to get the base MDLs to be recognized by DazStudio

Move the vMaterials folder from its default location (\Users\(user)\Documents\mdl)
    to your defalt DazStudio installation (C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\shaders\iray\nvidia)
    You should notice  abunch of other MDL files here. This is NOT your Content Library this is located under program files!!!)
    (IF you did not install DazStudio to its default location your location may be diferent)

Second place the products in this ZIP file in your DAZ3D Library like you would any other item.
    Third open your shader mixer in DazStudio and then use Edit > MDL Directory Manager and select

Any way jump over and grab these and have fun.

It presently appears the the ShareCG links do not work. ~Mod

MCDLabs said:

III am working on the current NVidea MDL vMaterial Library and setting it up as DazStudio Shaders.
    If you look at the Shader Mixer and ponder what all those bricks do and how to link them together, this is for you.
    The FIRST set of 36 shaders is done and up at
    https://www.sharecg.com/v/88112/view/21/DAZ-Studio/IRAY-vMaterials-for-DAZ-Studio

This is pretty extensive as some MDL files actually have MULTIPLE set ups in them. But I am slugging through it and plan to have a set of 36 done and up every 1-3 days, depending on my mood and how long I can sit at my desk.

NOTE:

To use these shaders you MUST download and install the NVIDIA vMaterials located at:

https://developer.nvidia.com/vmaterials

If you do not have it installed all ready the vMaterials installer will prompt you to install the MDL Exchange.

Any way jump over and grab these and have fun.

It presently appears the the ShareCG links do not work. ~Mod

When I downloaded the material library from Nvidia I was not prompted to install the MDL Exchange.  I checked under directory path "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation" and this folder exists but there is NO "mdl" subfolder.

I was able to download MDL Exchange installer from Nvidia at this link at the bottom of the page.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/technologies/material-definition-language/

MCDLabs said:

Thats correct the vLibrary is free. Its sownload is hosted on the same page that hosts the various iRay plugins that are 90 day trials. The vMaterial MDL files are distributed freely as they can only be used by an applicaiton that has the iRay plugin or that utilize it on its own. SO HUG your nearest DAZ employee because they include the iRay renderer in DazStudio 4.8.0.59.
    The benifit is that there can be a lot of MDLs available for DazStudio from developers outside our sphere, such as in the May , 3DSmax, etc worlds.
    For example I have found an awesom set of automotive MDLs that I am converting for my own private use , I may release the duf files with a link to the MDL download after I finish up with the vMaterials.

Speaking of File 4 is done and up at Sharecg
    https://www.sharecg.com/v/88159/view/21/DAZ-Studio/IRAY-vMaterials-for-DAZ-Studio-Part-4

has about 89 various shaders of stucco, wallpaper and ceramic & stone tiling.

Sorry but these links are not working. AND YES I logged into ShareCG with my account.

edited December 2018

Wow... Broken links. Instructions that have been re-written because the initial did not work. This thread is a complete time waster and needs to be vaporized.

OOPS...sorry but I must have mispoken. I did download http://www.sharecg.com/v/91698/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/vMaterials-1.5-AEC-IRay-Shaders ; and they installed fine and I was able to test a few of them. They look great....

Post edited by kenmo on
  • Just thought I would leave this here: The vMaterials do not work in Daz Studio 4.11 Beta as of January 2019, but still work fine in 4.10. No idea why.