(Free comission) what clothes do you want?

Comments

• hphoenix said:

Still hoping for a good mantled duster long coat.  I know several had indicated interest in that in the thread earlier.....

I'm working on knowing how to morph good Long cloth, it's a bit difficult. I'm making tries and working on. I love long coats so...

In the meanwhile it's helpy if anyone tests de Minoan Dress, so I can know if I pack the files well ;)

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Alarconte said:
    I'm working on knowing how to morph good Long cloth, it's a bit difficult. I'm making tries and working on. I love long coats so...

In the meanwhile it's helpy if anyone tests de Minoan Dress, so I can know if I pack the files well ;)

Will test that Minoan Dress tomorrow, when I'm back at my DAZ PC (and not at the crappy laptop I just use for reading in a forum).

For the Duster it's of vital importance, that it has a long slit on the backside, as it was supposed to be worn on horseback (or on a motorbike wink)

• Tested and loved it. On this test 53% of relaxing morph and still passable to censorship. i had a problem with the hand, and still looking at, no idea what happened there. 

I consider this dress to be something very imporant, Daz has a serious lack of clothes for early civilizations. I would like the dress to have more geometric patterns color patterns,anyways congrats Alarconte, you are evolving fast and I am sure you could be a great PA sooner than we expect.

sumia.png
    1980 x 1980 - 2M
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

the "fix sitting" morph is on by default = 100

so fitting to t-pose gives distortion

edited February 2018

what I have noticed

1. when the dress is loaded alone, it appears with a -17.77° on the green axis applied
    2. when dForced, the dress disappears...
    3. when applied to G3F and the arms are moved down, the lower part of the dress (the purplish one) gets pulled upwards
    4. when "mesh smoothing" is applied, the seam between the different parts of the dress show on shoulders, arms and where the decals are
    5. to be useful with more than really basic poses the dress would need way too many morphs (for my taste...)

It looks nice, though smiley

Post edited by maikdecker on
  • I'll check those issues (the sitting fix applied on start... what a fail xD). 

The plan is to release a beta dress with no major issues, so I know how to release the other clothes, I'm been only two weeks at this! cheeky

i like to play with cutout opacity to shorten the dress

so it would be nice if all the parts in surface tab are attached from top to bottom in a row

the purple parts are one piece for example

i hope you understand

connot explain it better

maybe just try to shorten the dress with cutout opacity

• AlarconteAlarconte Posts: 31
    edited February 2018
    Ruphuss said:

i like to play with cutout opacity to shorten the dress

so it would be nice if all the parts in surface tab are attached from top to bottom in a row

the purple parts are one piece for example

i hope you understand

connot explain it better

maybe just try to shorten the dress with cutout opacity

I understand. Yes, I should have put all different skirt parts in difference surfaces, but I've redone the complete dress today and forgot to do. I don't hope to redo the entire dress for freebie version but if I have to do it I will; Anyway, you can change in Geometry editor surfaces and made part of the skirt another surface.

Well, I redid all the dress, I really don't know the nuts and bolts of packaging so I hope is well again (but with the slider fixed). This is a major update, A lot more of care in Texture quality, and...:

Morphs:
    Historical morph 
    More Folds in top skirt morph
    Untight waist morph
    Wind morphs (four)

Fix morphs:
    Sitting Morph (shins)

Joint Controller Morphs for:
    Tight side
    Shoulder down
    Shoulder forward

FBM Morphs:
    Voluptuos

https://ufile.io/pwwov

Renders with some morphs applied here and there:

Peasant Minoan2.png
    1067 x 1600 - 3M
    Peasant Minoan4.png
    1067 x 1600 - 2M
    Peasant Minoan3.png
    1067 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by Alarconte on

uhm.. that link only leads to a .txt file download... G3F Minoan Peasant Dress.txt wink

• Ruphuss said:

uhm.. that link only leads to a .txt file download... G3F Minoan Peasant Dress.txt wink

That's right, only weigths 400kb. Don't know what happen angel

Reupload and now it's 53mb yes Edited

https://ufile.io/pwwov

• It's seems that textures aren't pathed well in this zip, but they are supossedly in there

Ok, feedback for the new version:

• as soon as Mesh Smoothing is enabled there are "holes" in the textures at the ends. Easily visible at the shoulders or wherever an UV map ends and meets another
    • without Mesh Smoothing only ver basic poses are possible without heavy pokethrough
    • trying to add a morph for every possible pose probably is impossible. I think "conforming clothes" is the keyword here... You probably might want to learn how to build it. No help from me though, as I'm only a user myself and don't know nothing about building 3d content in any form

look at the right shin area in left picture

if this dress would work with  dforce all the morphing is obsolete

• Hi, I have looking for years to find a 3D Model of a WW2 U-Boat Commanders Winter Coat. Something like this would be great for the Genesis males series or Michael 4. Cheers

s-l1000.jpg
    954 x 1000 - 145K
    02030621_5893a2e248a67.jpg
    599 x 800 - 76K
  • We are lacking 7 year war uniforms... Hair and so on for nobility is available, but a redcoat seems to be missing.

4-605x1024.jpg
    605 x 1024 - 70K
  • Hi there, I keep working, learning to dforce the items before publish them. Histórical and recent but very alternative uniforms is something I want to work on. Hair is off limits right now as I learn to do a really good final product on clothes
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538

Robotech flight suits?

Related image

Well, after experimenting a lot for good finished product, i've seen that I've done them bad from start ("easy" fixeable but hours of rework), for a good work for smoothing modifer (essential) and dforce. 

So keep going slow but steady.

PS: I think there is a lot of sci-fi tight suits over there, but sure I'll make some also

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

If you want to get a certain sort of topology directly out of MD, @RichardHaseltine told me a trick. If you add internal lines to your patterns, the polygons will follow them.

edited March 2018

If you want to get a certain sort of topology directly out of MD, @RichardHaseltine told me a trick. If you add internal lines to your patterns, the polygons will follow them.

I'll check that, thanks!

Anyway, the last 10 hours I dedicated to "master the art" laugh of Displacement map and normal map from Zbrushing apllicated to Daz to give thickness (in lowpoly and for other purposes work different). 

I'm nearby ready to rework outfits and publicate some nice things ;)

PS: And now the products will be dforce ready!!

Post edited by Alarconte on
    Alarconte said:

I'll check that, thanks!

Anyway, the last 10 hours I dedicated to "master the art" laugh of Displacement map and normal map from Zbrushing apllicated to Daz to give thickness (in lowpoly and for other purposes work different). 

I'm nearby ready to rework outfits and publicate some nice things ;)

PS: And now the products will be dforce ready!!

nice

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538
    edited March 2018
    p-schmidt said:

No I haven't.  The 2nd has potential.  Actually the closed I have found is a space suit for A3/H3.  Using clones, I'm able able to fit it to G1 male and female.  I need to play with the textures (something I'm still learning).  Here it is on A3.  Although this isn't Robotech it's inspired by it:

feature image 

Here is an IRAY example on G1.  Look at the crew in the shuttle.

A much larger version can be viewed at my gallery.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • mikey186mikey186 Posts: 84

I wonder, with your comission, can you do simple.....converse hi-top shoes simular to IH Kang's casual for G3M?

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

One item I think would be useful for a lot of people is a better and more customizable Super Hero Cape.  

I have several Capes in my library but never seem to have an easy time getting any of them to work with most characters I try to create.  For instance, there doesn't seem to be any cape that has a collar morph that would work for Spawn or Dr. Strange.  Also, most capes don't fit the shoulders and collar bones correctly at all.  Take a look at the style of Superman, Batman, Black Adam, etc.  And the worst part is how most capes wrinkle very poorly when autofitting to characters with muscluar morphs and/or body types that they specifically were not designed for.  So if you are able to create a better Cape with morphs I think that would be a hit. 

• EC3DEC3D Posts: 131

Great job, thanks!

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Dunno if you're still open to ideas, but what I'd like is a traditional chauffeur's uniform, like this:

or this:

• Actually, one thing I'd love to see is kid vampire outfits.  Something that looks like a sort of cute version of Dracula's gettup, with mid-thigh-length pants and with short-sleeves.  Maybe also in a dark suedcloth version.

Permanent (I hope) Download here.

I've been these weeks making a minoan enviroment and as I said before having a grasp of good displacement/bump/normal maps for clothes. Apart from this I'll upload the other freebies and make some more between I keep preparing for submitting things to Daz ;)

• IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

I've been looking for some boots with pads like that. With the boots, soles, padding all having different material zones, the logo on the pad isn't needed. They could be plain and allow the user to change the color(s) in surfaces or apply shaders. Prefer them for G8M. 

Another photo, the kneepads would be useful too, but if they can not be done, it's ok. The boots underneath are just regular laced boots.