GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited April 2015

Here's a "tricky" one for someone who knows how to to make good hand pose sets. Im looking for traditional kuji-in "ninja" hand signs hand poses for Genesis figures.

I happened across these, and they seem to be about what you're looking for. They're for M3 but should still work for genesis with some adjustment. http://www.poserclub.net/index.php/freebee/item/48-f48
    Looks like Poser Club is down for maintenance.

Luckily, this set is in the Wayback Machine:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20150108020428/http://www.poserclub.net/index.php/freebee/item/48-f48

Post edited by robkelk on
  • l_cunninghaml_cunningham Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

I am looking for a Phoenician merchant ship. The keyword "Phoenician" doesn't turn up anything on either ShareCG or Renderosity, and to pick through all available boats and ships for one that looks right would take ages. Has anyone seen one of these? I use Poser.
    Thanks.

I am actually looking for Phoenician-looking stuff in general; I would like to make a scene aboard a Phoenician merchant ship. Clothes, beards, even some Mediterranean skins would help a lot. I mostly use the Gen4 figures, but I have most of the free figures that will work in Poser, plus all the people that came with it, and I'm willing to refit stuff, but I only use Poser so Genesis won't work. Thanks.

Phoenicians2.jpg
    900 x 1230 - 182K
    Phoenicians.jpg
    488 x 187 - 30K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

Those hats actually look like Mylochka's Vulcan Hats, or they could be substituted in a pinch for some of them.
    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mylochka&division_id=0&s=dd&pn=12

• launoklaunok Posts: 793
    edited April 2015

mjc1016 said:
    There's an old Adventurerer Head Gear set over at RDNA, in the Freebie section (registration required)...

A quick hit with a tiling shader and hiding the buckles...

I went over to RDNA and search for the adventurer head gear set but can't find it, unless I am overlooking it. I have searched both the downloads section where many past freebies are available, and also the free 3D model section. Is it possible to share the direct link?

NO NEED TO WORRY! When doing a web search on Google it directed me to redeyecat site who share the direct link on her website! :)

Post edited by launok on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

Here's a "tricky" one for someone who knows how to to make good hand pose sets. Im looking for traditional kuji-in "ninja" hand signs hand poses for Genesis figures.

I happened across these, and they seem to be about what you're looking for. They're for M3 but should still work for genesis with some adjustment. http://www.poserclub.net/index.php/freebee/item/48-f48Thanks. I'll have to test them out.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

I am looking for a Phoenician merchant ship. The keyword "Phoenician" doesn't turn up anything on either ShareCG or Renderosity, and to pick through all available boats and ships for one that looks right would take ages. Has anyone seen one of these? I use Poser.
    Thanks.

I am actually looking for Phoenician-looking stuff in general; I would like to make a scene aboard a Phoenician merchant ship. Clothes, beards, even some Mediterranean skins would help a lot. I mostly use the Gen4 figures, but I have most of the free figures that will work in Poser, plus all the people that came with it, and I'm willing to refit stuff, but I only use Poser so Genesis won't work. Thanks.
    I would check out Rosemaryr gallery at sharecg: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=rosemaryr for clothing for the Gen 4 figures. They are Poser Dynamics which you should be able to work with.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

I would check out Rosemaryr gallery at sharecg: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=rosemaryr for clothing for the Gen 4 figures. They are Poser Dynamics which you should be able to work with.

Perfect! Thank you!

edited December 1969

That skin tone is very hard to find, I'll probably have to make it. Would be nice if I could start with something fairly close, though. I would even pay a little for it, if I could find a North African/ Mediterranean looking skin.

edited December 1969

...For Michael 4 or Apollo or one of the Poser guys.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

launok said:
    mjc1016 said:
    There's an old Adventurerer Head Gear set over at RDNA, in the Freebie section (registration required)...

A quick hit with a tiling shader and hiding the buckles...

I went over to RDNA and search for the adventurer head gear set but can't find it, unless I am overlooking it. I have searched both the downloads section where many past freebies are available, and also the free 3D model section. Is it possible to share the direct link?

NO NEED TO WORRY! When doing a web search on Google it directed me to redeyecat site who share the direct link on her website! :)

I didn't have the direct link...I had the hats in my backup files...so I needed to hunt it down, too. :red:

edited December 1969

...For Michael 4 or Apollo or one of the Poser guys.

Thespisis used the Apollo body1 and face1 maps for her Sexy Demon (who is based on a Middle Eastern actor) Apollo character with a base color of 255,240,245, instead of white.

Don't have Apollo installed right now, so I can't show a render, but if I recall, that does a passable Middle Eastern/Mediterranean skin.

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,323
    edited December 1969

Have a tricky one. A 7-shot revolver. Specifically a Nagant M1895. I found one so far, but it's $40 for a low-poly model with no textures.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Thespisis used the Apollo body1 and face1 maps for her Sexy Demon (who is based on a Middle Eastern actor) Apollo character with a base color of 255,240,245, instead of white.

Don't have Apollo installed right now, so I can't show a render, but if I recall, that does a passable Middle Eastern/Mediterranean skin.

Thanks, I'll search for it.

edited December 1969

I tried it, it looks very good. I never would've thought changing the diffuse color to pink would be the way to go, but somehow it works. :)
    I'm having some trouble with Apollo's eyes (one of them is white, no matter how many textures I try to inject) but this isn't the right forum for that.

Apollo.png
    402 x 372 - 90K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

I tried it, it looks very good. I never would've thought changing the diffuse color to pink would be the way to go, but somehow it works. :)
    I'm having some trouble with Apollo's eyes (one of them is white, no matter how many textures I try to inject) but this isn't the right forum for that.

Check cornea opacity, or reflectivity.
    edited December 1969

I've used that character a couple of times in the past and figured since he was of Mediterranean origin, his settings would probably work for you. There are a couple things that Apollo is perfect for that don't seem to have been duplicated on more recent figures...so I keep him around (along with some of the other old timers...like Sixus1's Behemoth 2).

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,308
    edited December 1969

Are there any albums (LPs) and seven singles (45s) around?

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Funny how language doesn't always keep up with the tech. We still call collections of songs 'albums', and on the news, they talk about 'what the tapes show' for the South Carolina shooting, even there is no tape involved. Strictly speaking, 'album' should refer to collections of songs on 78 RPM records, which were collected into sleeved albums you paged through, similar to photo albums. Each record held one song on a side. A 78 RPM album prop, record player, and of course the records themselves, would make a pretty neat 1940s-'50s-type package -- possibly even marketable, although that era doesn't seem particularly popular for products.

Modeling a very flat cylinder with a hole cut out is pretty easy, I expect; texturing a disk surface, whether 78 RPM shellac, or 33 1/3 RPM vinyl, is probably a difficult thing to do really well.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited April 2015

Ostadan said:
    Funny how language doesn't always keep up with the tech. We still call collections of songs 'albums', and on the news, they talk about 'what the tapes show' for the South Carolina shooting, even there is no tape involved. Strictly speaking, 'album' should refer to collections of songs on 78 RPM records, which were collected into sleeved albums you paged through, similar to photo albums. Each record held one song on a side. A 78 RPM album prop, record player, and of course the records themselves, would make a pretty neat 1940s-'50s-type package -- possibly even marketable, although that era doesn't seem particularly popular for products.

Modeling a very flat cylinder with a hole cut out is pretty easy, I expect; texturing a disk surface, whether 78 RPM shellac, or 33 1/3 RPM vinyl, is probably a difficult thing to do really well.

You don't even need to use a cylinder. It actually works better using a flattened sphere with the poles cut out. You simply make a sphere, delete half to create a dome. flatten that, make a symmetrical copy with a small gap between them, and join the two together again. The problem with cylinders (at least in Hexagon) is that they have no tops and bottoms. They're empty tubes. If I ned a "solid" cylinder, I make them from spheres.
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Or wait until tonight...I'll have one up (OBJ only)...record, sleeve and cover. UV mapped, placeholder textures...supply your own artwork/labels.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I am unable to find a link so I'm not sure if it's still available, but if you can locate the Gramaphone by Sams3D, it is possible to set the opacity of all surfaces except for the record on it to 0, thus leaving you with just the record. It's not very high resolution, not sure how detailed your record needs to be. I haven't tried them, but a search for gramaphone in the Renderosity freebies turns up two others, maybe one of those or from another site too would work.

You could also probably apply your own grooves to the surface of a record (whether this one, a different one, a cylinder primitive, or whatever) by making a bump or displacement map that's just a bunch of concentric circles of varying sizes to simulate the differing appearance of different sections of the track across the record surface, although that would be a bit of work).

Do you have any CD or DVD models? I bet those could be easily resized and retextured to look like a record.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Or wait until tonight...I'll have one up (OBJ only)...record, sleeve and cover. UV mapped, placeholder textures...supply your own artwork/labels.

That would be great, thank you!

I haven't tried them, but a search for gramaphone in the Renderosity freebies turns up two others, maybe one of those or from another site too would work.

Thanks. I did look earlier this week, but unfortunately not quite what I was looking for.

edited December 1969

Here's a render of it, so far...

I picked the album art because I thought it was rather appropriate... :lol:

album.png
    800 x 800 - 542K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Here's a render of it, so far...

I picked the album art because I thought it was rather appropriate... :lol:

Looks cool MJ
    edited December 1969

Very nice MJ!

Will the record label have it's own mat? I best get some textures :D

edited April 2015

Here it is...just bare obj, sized in Daz native scale to import into Studio around the proper size.

Album art is strictly BYOB...I'm not touching that one, period. It's like a minefield, in a 'gator filled swamped surround by a piranha filled river on an island surrounded by man-eating sharks. Nope...not going there.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/80388/view/5/3D-Model/Vinyl-record

PS: It looks pretty cool mounted on a wooden plaque with a gold shader applied to it...too.

Yes, the record has 3 mat zones...Side A label, Side B and vinyl.

The sleeve and cover are the same UV layout, but they are separate items, so separate textures.

At some point I may make a texture for the album that is unencumbered...but not going to attempt anything for the cover art...unless maybe it's some Grateful Dead albums...

album2.png
    800 x 800 - 473K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

Grateful Dead .... are they still around? LOL

Thank you very much!

edited April 2015

Thank you very much!

You're welcome, but you do know that now I just had to do it...(the turntable is from Turbosquid...a freebie).

A couple of oddities I noticed now that I made a full texture for it. The back side of the cover and sleeve are 'mirrored'...in other words, the texture is reversed. The A side label is on the right, B side on the left. I'll update the UVs at some point to fix those, but not real soon.

album3.png
    800 x 800 - 737K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Thank you very much!

You're welcome, but you do know that now I just had to do it...(the turntable is from Turbosquid...a freebie).

A couple of oddities I noticed now that I made a full texture for it. The back side of the cover and sleeve are 'mirrored'...in other words, the texture is reversed. The A side label is on the right, B side on the left. I'll update the UVs at some point to fix those, but not real soon.

How did you import that turntable into DS?

edited December 1969

It's in OBJ format, so a direct import. It also has a 'set' attached...a couple of planes making up a floor and wall, so I deleted them in Blender, first.

This discussion has been closed.