681 x 455 - 352K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Thanks Estroyer!

:-)

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    I give up on finding the freebies. I spent hours trying to find some of them and the shotgun is discontinued after looking forever for it. The deer is lost forever...lol. I tell you, the only way to do this thing is to go find the freebies FIRST, then do your entry, or have tons of freebies favorited. Just too much time to go find them. Besides I think I have more than three paid fors in it.

So...it remains a NAE. Still had fun making it.

If you're using DS then you have an Ace... The CMS. You can put the link to the freebie in the database. Just note the URL and after installing, navigate to the item in the Content Library. Select the item, open the bottom "information" pane and on the "TAGS" tab is a Notes area. Put your link there.

We put keywords like "Freebie" in the keywords area, and the date of download, License Restrictions, and the URL in the Notes area.

Couldn't be easier.

Kendall

I know about that, but the problem is, everytime I open Daz 4.5, just after the program opens and loads, I get an error message saying that the CMS could not connect. My internet connect (DSL) runs 24 hours a day. Never have a problem with anything else here including auto updates. Not sure why it won't connect.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:
    I give up on finding the freebies. I spent hours trying to find some of them and the shotgun is discontinued after looking forever for it. The deer is lost forever...lol. I tell you, the only way to do this thing is to go find the freebies FIRST, then do your entry, or have tons of freebies favorited. Just too much time to go find them. Besides I think I have more than three paid fors in it.

If you're using DS then you have an Ace... The CMS. You can put the link to the freebie in the database. Just note the URL and after installing, navigate to the item in the Content Library. Select the item, open the bottom "information" pane and on the "TAGS" tab is a Notes area. Put your link there.

We put keywords like "Freebie" in the keywords area, and the date of download, License Restrictions, and the URL in the Notes area.

Couldn't be easier.

Kendall

I know about that, but the problem is, everytime I open Daz 4.5, just after the program opens and loads, I get an error message saying that the CMS could not connect. My internet connect (DSL) runs 24 hours a day. Never have a problem with anything else here including auto updates. Not sure why it won't connect.

It has nothing to do with your internet. The CMS doesn't use it. However, it is possible that if you are running a Windows Firewall Package or "Internet Protection Suite" the ports that are used by the CMS are blocked. Port 27997 needs to be "unblocked" in order for the CMS to work.

Also, make sure that the service is running. In the DS folders are icons to start and stop the CMS service.

Kendall

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    *stumbling in*
    I'd like to donate my M5 poses set to all the winners :D
    Good luck and have fun everyone ^^

Thank you very much Estroyer.

I have updated the first post.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:

Couldn't be easier.

Kendall

It has nothing to do with your internet. The CMS doesn't use it. However, it is possible that if you are running a Windows Firewall Package or "Internet Protection Suite" the ports that are used by the CMS are blocked. Port 27997 needs to be "unblocked" in order for the CMS to work.

Also, make sure that the service is running. In the DS folders are icons to start and stop the CMS service.

Kendall

Port 27997 is for TCP/UDP communications...Internet communications. Why the need for this port if it doesn't "phone home"?

Dana

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Wow... I haven't been around here in a few months, and I only really began participating here in the later part of last year, but I forgot how creative you all are! I'm in a complete creative rut, so I think I might try this out. (I can't seem to have an original thought, so it's nice to have a theme selected for me!) I'm already blown away by the renders posted here so far. Maybe this will jumpstart my "creative" brain...

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:

Couldn't be easier.

Kendall

Kendall

Port 27997 is for TCP/UDP communications...Internet communications. Why the need for this port if it doesn't "phone home"?

Dana

TCP does not equal Internet. DS uses the "localhost" IP address and that port to connect to the SQL server that hosts the data. Almost all SQL servers use TCP for connectivity.

Kendall

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:

Couldn't be easier.

Kendall

Kendall

Dana

TCP does not equal Internet. DS uses the "localhost" IP address and that port to connect to the SQL server that hosts the data. Almost all SQL servers use TCP for connectivity.

Kendall

The CMS uses SQL Server Express, then? Interesting.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:

Couldn't be easier.

Kendall

Kendall

Dana

Kendall

The CMS uses SQL Server Express, then? Interesting.

Dana

No, it uses ValentinaDB. A much more reliable SQL Server than MSSQL Express.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kendall

Can you show a screen capture of this? I am not seeing anything. It starts and says connecting to CMS, and it doesn't put up an error, but I don't see any CMS. And I found a folder in Windows Explorer in H:\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases, but that folder is empty.

Dana

edited December 1969

What's the rule on items found in the Genesis Starter Essentials that come with DS? Are these freebies or "don't count" items?

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Kendall

Can you show a screen capture of this? I am not seeing anything. It starts and says connecting to CMS, and it doesn't put up an error, but I don't see any CMS. And I found a folder in Windows Explorer in H:\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases, but that folder is empty.

Dana

See below.

Kendall

CMS1.jpg
    1144 x 836 - 101K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I seem to have lost a Winner, I never got a PM from any except Dollygirl and LG last month. Sort of forgot those two waiting on the third. I so sorry but my mind is full of holes... Still need a PM please.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I seem to have lost a Winner, I never got a PM from any except Dollygirl and LG last month. Sort of forgot those two waiting on the third. I so sorry but my mind is full of holes... Still need a PM please.

You can feel free to send defaulted prizes this direction. :-)

Just kidding, obviously.

Kendall

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

What's the rule on items found in the Genesis Starter Essentials that come with DS? Are these freebies or "don't count" items?

By my reading of Rule 5, they're no-counts.
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

By my reading of Rule 5, they're no-counts.
    That's what I was thinking -- just wanted to make sure. :)
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

You can feel free to send defaulted prizes this direction. :-)

Just kidding, obviously.

KendallWELL!! Hmmm.. I'll just necro the old thread later and go that way....
    When your a Mod that read's 99% of all this everyday digging up the old threads just seems like work... Wink! ;-P :lol:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Kendall

Dana

See below.

Kendall

OK, so I started it. I don't see any difference. What will show up in the task manager? I don't have a tab for "Services". I only see the DAZ|Studio process, and nothing called CMS.

In the Smart Content tab, there are two videos. The first, Smart Content>Files, shows a My Stuff tab. I don't have that. I assume they changed the name of it to Smart Content.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Kendall

Dana

See below.

Kendall

OK, so I started it. I don't see any difference. What will show up in the task manager? I don't have a tab for "Services". I only see the DAZ|Studio process, and nothing called CMS.

In the Smart Content tab, there are two videos. The first, Smart Content>Files, shows a My Stuff tab. I don't have that. I assume they changed the name of it to Smart Content.

Dana

If you've never been running the CMS while installing content, then you have nothing in the database. To populate the database:

From inside DS, select the "Content Library tab"
    Click on the Context Menu in the upper right corner
    Select "Content Database Maintenance..."
    Check "Re-Import Metadata..." and "Reset Database" then click on Accept.
    At this point a dialog containing all of the items with metadata will appear. Click on the "All Products" box to select everything.
    Then Click on Accept. Now the metadata will be read and loaded.

If everything was properly running, you should now have a populated "Smart Content" Tab, however, you don't really have to use it. You just want to look to see if the tab has content in it to verify that the above process worked. If it didn't, contact me via email (krsears at trdc.biz) and I'll help you individually.

Once you've verified that the database is running, you can add information to the "Content Library" as you please. The "Tags" area allows you to add keywords and notes. Please note that only the "Keywords" are searched in the DB search selection, the notes area is not. Items will be added to the DB as they are searched and found, or otherwise used in a way that DS has a need to read the data.

The DAZ DIM will automatically add newly purchased/installed content to the CMS if the service is running while the DIM is activated.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kendall, I don't use the DIM. It was my understanding that the Meta Data was automatically installed with the installers (before they changed to zip files). This was stated a while back, as an answer for why there were no longer separate Meta Data installers. I followed your steps to the point where you said there would now be a populated Smart Content tab...but it is still not populated.

Most of my stuff is not installed to My Documents. I keep the older folder structure with the Content/Runtime/ etc structure, as well as the Data and other DAZ|Studio specific (non-Poser formats) folders, and install things to there. When I look in the zip files, they still actually have that set of structures. I just reinstalled DS 4.6 Pro, because I had uninstalled the CMS, it didn't seem to be working. It installed, didn't complain or say it failed.

If I have to re-install everything to get this working (meaning all my content), forget about that! Who has that kind of time? I'll be going to bed soon, so you might not see any response if you post again tonight.

One question...is there Meta Data in the zip files?

Dana

edited December 1969

Umm... Smart content SHOULD load even from hand installs IF all files are dropped into the Content Library folder. But the CMS must be running to build the database.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kendall, I don't use the DIM. It was my understanding that the Meta Data was automatically installed with the installers (before they changed to zip files). This was stated a while back, as an answer for why there were no longer separate Meta Data installers. I followed your steps to the point where you said there would now be a populated Smart Content tab...but it is still not populated.

Most of my stuff is not installed to My Documents. I keep the older folder structure with the Content/Runtime/ etc structure, as well as the Data and other DAZ|Studio specific (non-Poser formats) folders, and install things to there. When I look in the zip files, they still actually have that set of structures. I just reinstalled DS 4.6 Pro, because I had uninstalled the CMS, it didn't seem to be working. It installed, didn't complain or say it failed.

If I have to re-install everything to get this working (meaning all my content), forget about that! Who has that kind of time? I'll be going to bed soon, so you might not see any response if you post again tonight.

Dana

The old .exe installers did indeed contain the metadata. Did you get a list of items to install at the point in my "howto"? If you did not, then nothing installed.

I just looked in some of the .zips and some did and some did not. If there is a Content/Runtime/Support area in the .zip then the metadata will be there.

You should not need to reinstall all of your content. If you've reinstalled the CMS, then just follow my steps again. Unless you intend to use the "smart content" the metadata isn't necessary. For tagging freebies, all that is needed is that the database be accessible... otherwise, there's nowhere to store the entered data :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

The old .exe installers did indeed contain the metadata. Did you get a list of items to install at the point in my "howto"? If you did not, then nothing installed.

I just looked in some of the .zips and some did and some did not. If there is a Content/Runtime/Support area in the .zip then the metadata will be there.

You should not need to reinstall all of your content. If you've reinstalled the CMS, then just follow my steps again. Unless you intend to use the "smart content" the metadata isn't necessary. For tagging freebies, all that is needed is that the database be accessible... otherwise, there's nowhere to store the entered data :-)

Kendall

I'm on my way to bed, but...I followed your instructions after re-installing DS. In the dialogs, it had two paths to accept...one was for default content. I left it at the \My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library setting. But as I said, most of my content is not there. I don't know if that's why it doesn't show. I have gotten along without the smart content, but I thought it might be nice, be helpful. I still don't know if the CMS is even working. I don't know how to check, since the instructions are for Windows Vista or greater, and I'm running Windows XP 32-bit. There is no Services tab in Task Manager. And I haven't seen it in the processes tab, but maybe I'm missing it because I'm not sure exactly what the filename will be.

Meh! It's starting to look like more trouble than it's worth.

Good night for now. Thanks for trying to help.

Dana

edited January 2014

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Kendall

I'm on my way to bed, but...I followed your instructions after re-installing DS. In the dialogs, it had two paths to accept...one was for default content. I left it at the \My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library setting. But as I said, most of my content is not there. I don't know if that's why it doesn't show. I have gotten along without the smart content, but I thought it might be nice, be helpful. I still don't know if the CMS is even working. I don't know how to check, since the instructions are for Windows Vista or greater, and I'm running Windows XP 32-bit. There is no Services tab in Task Manager. And I haven't seen it in the processes tab, but maybe I'm missing it because I'm not sure exactly what the filename will be.

Meh! It's starting to look like more trouble than it's worth.

Good night for now. Thanks for trying to help.

Dana

Well then, let us just check to see if the DB is active...

In your content library, navigate to an item, click on it, and expand the lowest panel.
    You should see 3 tabs, "Tips", "Info", and "Tags"
    Click on tags.
    You should see the entry areas.
    enter something into each of them and click on "Apply Changes"

exit DS.
    Go back into DS and navigate to the same item and area, are your entries there? If so, then you're good as far as the DB is concerned. If not, then we've got things to look for, and that's best done outside the forums.

EDIT: Did you remember to restart the CMS each time before you worked with the DB info? If your services aren't readily visible, then it is safe to just dbl-click on the "Start Content Management..." for good measure -- before you start DAZStudio.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Kendall, that did not work. Yes, I remembered to "start" the CMS before starting DS each time. Email sent, but this is more trouble than it's worth, in my eyes.

Dana

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kendall, that did not work. Yes, I remembered to "start" the CMS before starting DS each time. Email sent, but this is more trouble than it's worth, in my eyes.

Dana

Okay not sure if this is your problem but you did say you have a non-traditional file structure.
    Have you mapped your folders?
    One way to do this is in the Content Library tab by clicking on the little arrow with the four lines and then click on Content Directory Manager. There you find a list of all of your Content Sets. I have attached a picture of what my structure looks like. I too do not have a traditional structure because I wanted a drive with just my 3D stuff on it, so as you can see my content resides on my D drive.

Because I do not use DIM either, after I install content, do the following :
    From the Content library tab I click on the arrow and four line button and select Scan known directories for files. When it is done searching I then go to the categories directory there I will find a folder called Default and under it I find all of my new content. For me most of the files will be listed under Unassigned. If I have the misfortune of having installed smart content information then there will be files under the other default categories. For those I have to move the file references from the default category directories as well as adding them to my content categories.
    I am not saying that you should not use smart content information but for me it just did not make sense to re-categorize my content all over again when I had a perfectly good system set up with the old DAZ Studio 3 content database. I also found that for the meta data that was being applied I was always changing the categories because frankly I don't think the way most of the artist's think and the inconsistency between artists was driving me nuts. No offence to our fine artists they create wonderful things and I admire their work but . . . ..

Not sure this is applicable to your problem Dana but might help someone else.

Image2.jpg
    820 x 710 - 226K
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited January 2014

New Year Dragon

Done in Daz Studio 4.6

Not Counting: Genesis1 Female Figure

Paid:

1. Eastern Dragon

Free:

1. Winter Japanese Castle by Chris Cox - http://www.sharecg.com/v/38652/gallery/11/Poser/Winter-Japanese-Castle

2. Textures and poses for eastern dragon - http://www.sharecg.com/v/23056/browse/11/Poser/textures-and-poses-for-eastern-dragon

3. Sea Jewel-Eyes - http://www.sharecg.com/v/56495/browse/11/Poser/Sea-Jewel-Eyes

4. Sea Jewel-Body Mats - http://www.sharecg.com/v/56496/browse/11/Poser/Sea-Jewel-Body-Mats

5. Winter Backgrounds http://www.sharecg.com/v/31046/browse/11/Poser/Winter-Backgrounds

6. Sleigh, Sleigh candy dish and candies - http://3dsc.francemi.net/xmas2004.htm - 5th link on the page http://3dsc.francemi.net/Downloads/sleigh.zip

7. Toys, present, stocking and hand bell - http://3dsc.francemi.net/xmas2004.htm - 6th link on the page http://3dsc.francemi.net/Downloads/toys.zip

8. Genesis Winter Outfit
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73161/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Winter-Outfit-Coat-Part-1
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73162/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Winter-Outfit-Coat-Part-2

9. Genesis Winter Outfit - Accessories
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73164/related/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Winter-Outfit-Accessories-Part-1-of-3
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73165/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Winter-Outfit-Accessories-Part-2-of-3
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73168/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Winter-Outfit-Accessories-Part-3-of-3

10. Genesis Pleated Skirt - http://www.sharecg.com/v/69780/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Pleated-Skirt

11. Thigh-Length Stockings for V4, A4, and G4 - http://littledragon.francemi.net/misc_01.htm - 1st link in the upper left corner http://littledragon.francemi.net/zipfiles/LDStockingsV4.zip

12. Long gloves for V4 - http://www.sharecg.com/v/73793/browse/11/Poser/Long-gloves-for-V4 - SteamDiva texture used for stockings

13. Pluto Hair for V4-A4-G4 - http://www.realmofsavage.com/ProjectSM_hair.htm

14. Star's Pluto Hair Mats - http://www.sharecg.com/v/69588/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Stars-Pluto-Hair-Mats

New_Year_Dragon.png
    787 x 787 - 749K
    Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    New Year Dragon

Done in Daz Studio 4.6

Not Counting: Genesis1 Female Figure

Paid:

1. Eastern Dragon

Free:

1. Winter Japanese Castle by Chris Cox - http://www.sharecg.com/v/38652/gallery/11/Poser/Winter-Japanese-Castle

2. Textures and poses for eastern dragon - http://www.sharecg.com/v/23056/browse/11/Poser/textures-and-poses-for-eastern-dragon

3. Sea Jewel-Eyes - http://www.sharecg.com/v/56495/browse/11/Poser/Sea-Jewel-Eyes

4. Sea Jewel-Body Mats - http://www.sharecg.com/v/56496/browse/11/Poser/Sea-Jewel-Body-Mats

5. Winter Backgrounds http://www.sharecg.com/v/31046/browse/11/Poser/Winter-Backgrounds

6. Sleigh, Sleigh candy dish and candies - http://3dsc.francemi.net/xmas2004.htm - 5th link on the page http://3dsc.francemi.net/Downloads/sleigh.zip

7. Toys, present, stocking and hand bell - http://3dsc.francemi.net/xmas2004.htm - 6th link on the page http://3dsc.francemi.net/Downloads/toys.zip

8. Genesis Winter Outfit
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73161/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Winter-Outfit-Coat-Part-1
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73162/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Winter-Outfit-Coat-Part-2

9. Genesis Winter Outfit - Accessories
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73164/related/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Winter-Outfit-Accessories-Part-1-of-3
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73165/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Winter-Outfit-Accessories-Part-2-of-3
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73168/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Winter-Outfit-Accessories-Part-3-of-3

10. Genesis Pleated Skirt - http://www.sharecg.com/v/69780/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Pleated-Skirt

11. Thigh-Length Stockings for V4, A4, and G4 - http://littledragon.francemi.net/misc_01.htm - 1st link in the upper left corner http://littledragon.francemi.net/zipfiles/LDStockingsV4.zip

12. Long gloves for V4 - http://www.sharecg.com/v/73793/browse/11/Poser/Long-gloves-for-V4 - SteamDiva texture used for stockings

13. Pluto Hair for V4-A4-G4 - http://www.realmofsavage.com/ProjectSM_hair.htm

14. Star's Pluto Hair Mats - http://www.sharecg.com/v/69588/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Stars-Pluto-Hair-Mats

Gulan7 – I cannot tell in the render if your figure is wearing the long gloves for V4. To me it looks like she is wearing the gloves from Wilmap’s Winter Outfit Accessories.

If the pleated skirt was a different colour than the jacket it would be easier to see.

Your links have been verified and you have more than enough to qualify.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    New Year Dragon

Very nice!

And welcome to the challenges!