January, 2014 Freebie Challenge - Chinese New Year

12345679»

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

T'oid place...not bad f'havin' a party widda bunch a pigs! T'anks!
    Pigs rate higher than dragons, I guess.

(Or detailed sets rank higher than minimalism... which means I'll never win one of these, since I'm a minimalist artist.)

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

How about a challenge devoted to minimalist art? Special guidelines would have to be set, of course.

And Rob, you'd have to talk someone else into hosting it so that you get a clear shot at winning.

I'd be up for it ... entering, not hosting.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners. Kismet, to whom is halfdragon giving a prize to? All of the winners or just the placed winners?

You did a really nice job of hosting Kismet, thank you very much for shouldering such a task. Thanks to the judges too.

So on to the next month. Hope to see you there.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions!

Dana

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Congratulations to the winners. Kismet, to whom is halfdragon giving a prize to? All of the winners or just the placed winners?

You did a really nice job of hosting Kismet, thank you very much for shouldering such a task. Thanks to the judges too.

So on to the next month. Hope to see you there.

Sorry, I totally forgot to mention halfdragon's prize is for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

How about a challenge devoted to minimalist art? Special guidelines would have to be set, of course.

And Rob, you'd have to talk someone else into hosting it so that you get a clear shot at winning.

I'd be up for it ... entering, not hosting.

Ah, you had my hopes raised there...

Yes, special rules would be necessary for a minimalist challenge. (That old-fashioned girl in my render this month - the one who looks out of place - is there to bring the freebie count up to 10...)

• the halfdragonthe halfdragon Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

congrats to all the winners and honorable mentions!!!

this is halfdragon here like you probably couldn't figure that out lol. well i will have to upload the file tomorrow as it's not on my internal hdd, and i have crappy internet right now so have to do it from a friends house but all the winners ( 1st through 3rd and both honorable mentions) will get a copy of the texture set Dragon Paladin for ***Xurge3d's M4 Paladin***.

We have winners!!!

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to create such wonderful renders and for the invaluable help in judging supplied by music and dorsey.

A reminder to the winners to PM music2u4u, Jaderail, Estroyer and our mystery prize supplier the halfdragon.

Now for the winners:

1st Place - KaribousBoutique - Year of the Tiger

2nd Place - Dorseyland - Every Year Same Thing - Freaking Barnyard

3rd Place - Lord Ganthor - Louie's New Year

HM1 - gulan7 - Taolu

HM2 - DollyGirl - Green Wood Horse

edited December 1969

hmmm Dollygirl has pm'ed me already maybe the other HM and the 3 winners should follow her example... makes it easier to find you to sitemail you the link for your prize

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited February 2014

I have sent out all my prizes to the winners except for KaribousBoutique. I am also waiting for an email addy from her so I can send in the winners to Daz team for their GCs. Please be patient until I hear from her. Congrats to all who won.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

well Dollygirl and Dorseyland have been sent their link to the dragon paladin set hope to see it used somehow if you can.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

At this time I need a PM from KaribousBoutique. I also wish to hear from DollyGirl.

This is my Fifth year of living with ESRD and my First year of being off Dialysis my health is now so good. I wish to inform all FreeBe Contest players and contest admin's from this Month (well last month really now) I will be giving the HM's a $5 DAZ Studio GC as well. I will edit the info for the new contest to reflect that as soon as this post goes live.

So you two send me a PM, and don't pull a Lord Gunther on me. Include your PLACE (I know but I might forget by then) so include your Prize place in your PM's please. LG I looked it up fer ya but next time please put down dat dere brewsiky long nuff's ta tell me ya big lug.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    At this time I need a PM from KaribousBoutique. I also wish to hear from DollyGirl.

This is my Fifth year of living with ESRD and my First year of being off Dialysis my health is now so good. I wish to inform all FreeBe Contest players and contest admin's from this Month (well last month really now) I will be giving the HM's a $5 DAZ Studio GC as well. I will edit the info for the new contest to reflect that as soon as this post goes live.

So you two send me a PM, and don't pull a Lord Gunther on me. Include your PLACE (I know but I might forget by then) so include your Prize place in your PM's please. LG I looked it up fer ya but next time please put down dat dere brewsiky long nuff's ta tell me ya big lug.

So glad your health is getting better. Nice to hear that. Thanks for looking out for the HMs. They are well deserved too.

:-)

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

My place?!? Hey, I knows my place! Nobuddy hast'a tell ME my place! Why, I autta'....Oh, wait...I mis-understands ya dere. Yeah...sorry 'bout dat. I wuz kinda inna hurry. Ran outta beer an' hadda go down t'da corner store. I'll remember next time...*blush*

I'm very heartened to hear that your health is improving.

edited December 1969

well Dollygirl and Dorseyland have been sent their link to the dragon paladin set hope to see it used somehow if you can.

Got your note and downloaded the file. Thank you very much for the prize. Such a nice thing to include the HM in the bounty yea!

Thank you Estroyer, I got your e-mail. I had collected two of your poses so this is so nice to have more from you. Love poses that I can mix and match.

Thank you music for the prizes as well. Very kind of you.

And Jade, you sly dog you, thanks for including the HM in the bounty.

All of you are the greatest for supporting this contest. You all sweeten the pot and make me want to reach higher so that I can enjoy having these freebies. Cause you all know

"I JUST LOVE FREEBIES!!!!!!!!!"

:coolsmile:

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,698
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Got your note and downloaded the file. Thank you very much for the prize. Such a nice thing to include the HM in the bounty yea!

Thank you Estroyer, I got your e-mail. I had collected two of your poses so this is so nice to have more from you. Love poses that I can mix and match.

All of you are the greatest for supporting this contest. You all sweeten the pot and make me want to reach higher so that I can enjoy having these freebies. Cause you all know

Glad to hear you like them! Prizes are not exactly freebies, you worked hard for them :)

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Dollygirl said:

Glad to hear you like them! Prizes are not exactly freebies, you worked hard for them :)

Thanks, but I have so much fun that I just can't quit say that I "worked" for them. :lol:

edited December 1969

A very special thank you to DAZ, music2u4u, Jaderail, Estroyer and the halfdragon for providing such wonderful prizes to the winners.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the challenge and to my fellow judges, music and Dorsey. Your help was invaluable.

edited December 1969

well i'm not sure but i thin karibousboutique did grab the set but would be nice to know if it was grabbed everyone else let me know already. later today i'm deleting it from the location it's in (around about 5 or 6 pm pst)

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Oh, my goodness -- I'm SO SORRY I missed the announcement of the winners. I had a very sudden and unexpected death my the family and have been in and out of town for the last few weeks. To be honest, I'd completely forgotten that the winners would be announced right after the contest ended. It has been a truly miserable few weeks, and aside from checking my email for urgent work-related messages on my phone, I've been completely away from the internet. I haven't rendered anything in weeks.

You have no idea how much this has brightened my day. It is, by far, the best thing that has happened to me since the whole nightmare began two weeks ago.

THANK YOU, and please accept my apologies for my delay. I enjoy these challenges immensely.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

Oh, my goodness -- I'm SO SORRY I missed the announcement of the winners. I had a very sudden and unexpected death my the family and have been in and out of town for the last few weeks. To be honest, I'd completely forgotten that the winners would be announced right after the contest ended. It has been a truly miserable few weeks, and aside from checking my email for urgent work-related messages on my phone, I've been completely away from the internet. I haven't rendered anything in weeks.

You have no idea how much this has brightened my day. It is, by far, the best thing that has happened to me since the whole nightmare began two weeks ago.

THANK YOU, and please accept my apologies for my delay. I enjoy these challenges immensely.

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Dana

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

Now I do believe I'm caught up, if not please inform me of my mistake... Sorry to hear of the bad, happy that the contest helped make things better. And now to peek at this months again...

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I'm am so sorry to hear of your loss.